No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Something Wrong
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Something Wrong
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-26 10:30   
I know the mods/admins will just blow this off per normal but it needs to be said.

Right now even with Free Play there is barely anyone playing DS. Is this not a really good signal that something is wrong with this game?

These days people don't have the attention span to sit around and wait for something to happen in DS and you all know most of the time playing DS is just as exciting as watching paint dry.

I love DS I just get really bored of DS and I fear it will be gone soon or at least the player base will be unless something happens soon.

I wonder if it's time to scrap MV or what MV is right now and make it smaller, more action packed. Maybe limit it to 3 systems.

Is it time to bring back the good modding? It seems since you took that away it was one of the major downfalls. Yes people whined and bitched that it was unfair blah blah blah BUT that means they were playing which is all that should be important. Enhancnments are fine but i think if I want to swap out missles for torps I should be able too but maybe with some limits on how many can be done.

It just needs more action and if it can keep my attention for more then 15mins I'll start paying for it again with no 2nd thoughts.

The last free play most people played in the scenerio servers and that was fun because there was a time limit so people moved to get things done.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-26 10:56   
/me looks at Daedalus and wounders what isnt painfully obvious. . .

Email -Shadowalker-™
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-26 16:30   
the fact that scenario is Darkspace's only future? because Metaverse doesn't work?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-26 17:27   
Action would be easier to come by if they didn't add features like dictors which act to deter combat.

I have seen more then a few times when combat was happening, people were having fun and then someone pulls out a dictor and everything just stops, people say screw that and everyone goes back to being bored.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-26 17:35   
I blame the lack of strong faction leadership.

Email Sens [R33]
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-26 17:50   
Quote:

On 2009-09-26 17:27, Sops wrote:
Action would be easier to come by if they didn't add features like dictors which act to deter combat.

I have seen more then a few times when combat was happening, people were having fun and then someone pulls out a dictor and everything just stops, people say screw that and everyone goes back to being bored.

agreed

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-09-26 19:09   
I have thought about pulling dictors out the game quite a few times... They really only serve one purpose, and that's so people can prevent you from getting away and kill you... fun for the person doing the killing, but no so much for the person getting killed.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-26 20:12   
Quote:
On 2009-09-26 19:09, Faustus wrote:
I have thought about pulling dictors out the game quite a few times... They really only serve one purpose, and that's so people can prevent you from getting away and kill you... fun for the person doing the killing, but no so much for the person getting killed.

-F

True for that, but in the past i have seen the better dictor tactics. to bad they are not getting used anymore, mostly because of lack of people to actually make it work, lack of teamplay or because its a dictor..

Heck i have seen people log off or /y telling to get rid of the dictor WHEN we didn't used the dictor for hunting..

Using a dictor to intercept/interdict the enemy just in front of your supply base (station/suppy) is a darn good way to protect that station or supply point.
For icc i used a Dictor a lot in combination of a missile dread, gives the dread extra time to get out and prevents point jumping.

The dictor has its usage, just that most people tend to think there only there to Hunt and prevent the pray from escaping.. I don't say that this won't happen if you don't use it as that, but currently that is what people see as the primary roll for a dictor.
I find that sad.

[ This Message was edited by: Robin "Psycho" Marks on 2009-09-26 20:14 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-26 21:09   

[ This Message was edited by: $yTHe {C?} on 2009-09-26 21:10 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 00:07   
Quote:

On 2009-09-26 19:09, Faustus wrote:

-F

F, that would be a start.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-27 00:53   
Well killing is pretty much part of every PvP game, its just that this one has penalties associated with it which is why it tends to not be fun.

Bad luck and not being at all good at the game aside, I suppose it not being fun is some justification for its elimination.

But if that were to ever be the case, there has to be something to counterbalance it. I mean,this naturally decreases the amount of risk versus the amount of reward. Virtually everyone who didn't make a bad decision jumping into a battle would never have to worry about dying.

Though granted, people aren't universally that smart, the point still stands.

-Ent

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-09-27 01:22   
I agree with Ent, although i think the repair time it takes for a dread is a good deterrent for people jumping into their deaths....

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-27 01:29   
have 500GU dictors for the cruisers and 1000GU for the planetary ones making interdicting more tactical and challenging with dictor ships

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 04:12   
Actuly i love the dictor! And its a feature that should never be removed! Evryone will whine when they lose a ship or a battle! So what? You lose some and gain some.

But there is times that pulling dictors when you outnumber the enemy with 2-3 to one. Then i think its unfair to pull one but thats about it.

I dont agree with Jbud on the 500gu part. Id like the planet to go up to 2k range and have the dictors at 1k gu.

And totaly agree with Ent on making some counterbalance. Why not just make a anti dictor ship that makes ppl in your range able to jump?

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-09-27 04:21   
dictors have no place in this game until it hits 200 active players and MV and scenario have 50-100 a piece.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024863 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR