No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Something Wrong
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Something Wrong
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-27 10:39   
Quote:

On 2009-09-27 04:12, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Actuly i love the dictor! And its a feature that should never be removed! Evryone will whine when they lose a ship or a battle! So what? You lose some and gain some.

Not surprised you like them as you can hide within them.

I do not dislike dictors because they raise the chance of me getting killed, I dislike them because they deter combat. If one side sees the other with a dictor they generally will not attack unless they had superior numbers, even then, maybe not.

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:00   

[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2009-09-27 12:25 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 12:26   
I love Interdictors, they are fantastic combat vessels that really broil up combat, as soon as one is seen, everyone is one it, it's fantastic.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-09-27 12:36   
Quote:

Daedalus wrote:

I wonder if it's time to scrap MV or what MV is right now and make it smaller, more action packed. Maybe limit it to 3 systems.

I AGREE. The thing I hate most is that you really have no idea what is going on in other systems. Sagittarius seems to be the only place action happens, if you really wanna call it action.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-29 10:27   
i love dictors as well. nothing like jumping in to a supply line and catching enemy ships on there way to repair and reload. but also i think using a dictor when its a 20 on 1 match is a tad over kill.

Email Borgie
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-29 11:15   
I would like player based interdictors more if they were indiscriminate in who's jump drive they disrupted. Preventing both enemies and friendlies from jumping. This requires those flying one to be very careful and tactical with its use to insure they don't hurt their own team by turning it on.

Right now someone can just mindlessly fly around in a dictor with no repercussions for its use. No skill, no tactics.

I see planet based interdictors as a separate case and they are not included in this.
[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2009-09-29 11:16 ]

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-29 13:41   
Quote:

On 2009-09-27 12:36, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
Quote:

Daedalus wrote:

I wonder if it's time to scrap MV or what MV is right now and make it smaller, more action packed. Maybe limit it to 3 systems.

I AGREE. The thing I hate most is that you really have no idea what is going on in other systems. Sagittarius seems to be the only place action happens, if you really wanna call it action.

All based on the number of players in game. Our curent 2 PvE and 5 PvP servers is overkill for the number of players.

As for scenario, people like it because instead of having 15 players spread out over the whole of the MV, you have 15 people crammed into one map. As for scenarios, I feel like the smaller ships are too weak, a frigate and frigate can go on for a half hour trying to kill each other with no decisive result. Even worse with destroyers. If the game went to a more scenario based system the whole of ship balancing would need to be redone I think.

On a match system. DPS and Armor/Hull are the same across levels and are based on a ratio from hull type to hull type. So that Scouts being level 1 and dreads being level 5. Along this type of balancing 5 scouts should equal the DPS and have the combined armor of a dread. Of course, each vessel has a specific role and it's layout would need to reflect that with speed, special slots etc.. but when it comes to damage and defense, it seems like dreads rule the roost. I have 4 in my garage (EAD, BD, CD, Agg) A Station, a modded hvy supply anda a torp cruiser for when i'm feeling risky. (Ptorps move too slow to hit just about anything unless you're point blank or attacking a staionary vessel)

Anyway, just some thoughts

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
*Storm*
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-04 06:07   
Ill tell you what's wrong with this game now. And ill tell you how i know this. I used to play this game a lot 6-7 years ago. I remember my friends and I used to skip school just to play DS. Back in the day, scenario games ruled and i remember the fights, the action in the game was trully epic sometimes. Im talking about fleets vs fleets, not player vs player. I only see a couple of nicknames from back then but i think Coombie, for example, could tell you the same thing. In a scenario game, everyone would build up for 1-2 hours and then we started the fights. Im talking about those times when 15-20 players would go up against another faction of 15-20 players. Distances were short. In 1-2 minutes you would be across the map. You could get into the action within minutes after you logged on and that was cool. Now, as i see it, DS is not a action game, it's a waiting game.

I dont know what happened in these last few years, but as i remember it, there were only a few guys with enough prestige to fly a station, for example. I saw the first station ever when KamikazeChicken brought one out. Except him, there were only one-two other guys like that. You could get a battle cruiser when u made captain. There were more middleclass ships on the map. Now, in the game, you see more stations than you see torp cruisers. I dont know what happened... I know i wouldnt risk a station...but i wouldnt care about a cruiser either...So a station wont generate action in the game. Im just giving an example. Despite all this, i wont quit after the free trial is over .I said most of what i had to say a while back: DS is now a waiting game.

thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-04 06:37   
All though i have been playing the free time for nostalgia only, the game worked so well when the game was the following:

1) Sceanrio server was 100% more popular then metaverse because people could quickly build up planets and get the resources and drive big ships quickly and handle all the resources like mining dark matter for there ftl upgrades and ship mods... i used to remember fighting in a kluth big ship with reload drones and cl2ks for uber damage... you cant do this any more

2) metaverse gives you infomation overload of to many systems... take it back to how it was with only the system u are in you can see whats happening and have player numbers on suns again

3) planet resource idea sucks, you wil probably find thats what has killed the game really, make it the old resource way for sceanrio and people will prob play that more id say.

Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-04 10:41   
MV used to be on one big server before they split it up to different regions on different servers. maybe we cld scratch all the additional servers and just make like maybe an entire server with 7 systems or so? might be more fun that way.

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-04 11:23   
Part of the issue with player Interdictors is that they can hold a target wh8ile being outside of their effective fire range. Dropping the range to 500gu may be a good idea as it means there is much more risk involved in piloting one.

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-04 15:00   
Old nukes, flux, moding, need for any skill at all besides spacebar mashing were removed. Lets remove dictors as well just so the dumbing down is completed. You know what's really wrong with the game? Compare the numbers prior to 1.480 and after. Back in the days incompetent players whined too and a guy that didnt understand the gameplay or even played the game listened to them, at least this part didn't change.

Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-10-04 15:16   
I believe it is incumbent upon the veterans of this game to promote and support good gaming with all players, especially new ones. My complaint about this game is that many veterans who claim so much to love this game don't do very much to cultivate a player base. I'm sure I've contributed to this too.

New players will be more useful and retained if veterans would give them reason to do so.

ICC is in shambles. UGTO has a few strong players still and Kluth is filled with good players.

But there is a lacking in the drive of the player base.
This isn't about dictors.
This is about attitude. IMO

This game is being tweeked to death. In some cases, the mechanics of the game being refined for instance, tweeking is necessary. The lag problems of the past haven't been around for me in a long time.

But constantly manipulating the weapons, armors, etc on these ships so that one faction feels favored and another feels slighted leaves the player base uncertain about favoritism. I'm saddened to know that players doubt Dev members because of Ugto or Kluth or ICC favoritism. It shouldn't be that way.

This is just my feedback on what can change to make DS come to life.

Padma

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-10-04 16:33   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 15:00, Piotr-san wrote:
Old nukes, flux, moding, need for any skill at all besides spacebar mashing were removed.

This.

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-04 20:26   
Try making dictor platforms (nukey's ideea)

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025260 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR