- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.5 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Dark Space as a free to play MMO(premium membership based)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author Dark Space as a free to play MMO(premium membership based)
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-04 05:51   
Quote:

On 2009-10-03 01:02, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-02 15:57, Pakhos wrote:
Now, the question, what would happen if unsubbed players would come together and over come 20 dreads fleet? Wouldnt we be crying to devs how come unsubbed destroyed a fleet of 20 dreads with cruisers?

That would take roughly 40 cruisers.

And I would be amazed.

-Ent

Try 30.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-04 07:54   
if you focus fired 1 dred at a time down, it would be pretty qiuck fight for those dreds.

Email Borgie
Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-04 10:36   
sigh 1RA....for kluth that means the scarab at the very most and it is a rather poor choice for a cruiser since it was designed to be fitted with AM mines. compared to the HC for icc and the BC for ugto, this is going to cause more unsubbed players to migrate to the icc/uggie side.

i was hoping the min rank for unsubbed it wld be at least VA so that we can all have a taste of a dread...oh well.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-04 11:21   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 05:51, Mr Black wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-03 01:02, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-02 15:57, Pakhos wrote:
Now, the question, what would happen if unsubbed players would come together and over come 20 dreads fleet? Wouldnt we be crying to devs how come unsubbed destroyed a fleet of 20 dreads with cruisers?

That would take roughly 40 cruisers.

And I would be amazed.

-Ent

Try 30.

But are you ever going to see a fleet of 30+ unsubbed players vs 20 subbed players? I think it is fair to say that subbed and unsubbed players will be mixed around in all three factions and this scenario will probably never happen.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-04 16:13   
is it just me, or did i see more then 25 players in the MV this morning? looks like its working.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-04 23:23   
it would be a good idea but what happens when they reach va would it be just like now were if your free trial or mouth is up you go back to cadet until you sub and if that the case wouldn't the player just reset his rank and pres then that would just be boreing having to work all the way back up to va again just curious how going to va would help

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 10:30   
What Chewy Says is correct, ppl will like it that the game is free. But for those members who were using the free trial, and has an Admiral ship already but is unable to Sub for Numerous Reasons or a VA that is working towards Admiral, would they not be able to Carry on making pres to get to Admiral and would the Admirals not be able to use ther Admiral ships?
Well im a Va that is working towards Admiral, and the fact tht all my hard work would be wasted really taunts me. And Admirals out ther that are just using the free trial, they will be quite upset about the fact tht their hard work to get to Admiral would be wasted to.

-Dark Valkaryie (Angel of Death)

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 10:33   
And I have another thing to say (Sorry but im the most Talkative person/Idiot on DS) Kluth doesnt have a dread on Va so everyone would Switch to UGTO/ICC (Even tho ICC Dread (Missle Dread) Doesnt come till you get gold combat) So i belive you should take the Scarab out and replace it with an equivalent to the UGTO Carrier Dread or the ICC Missle Dread! These thoughts are just poping up into my mind.

RageStrike *Nick*
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:18   
I have an idea!!!!!

Give Dreads and up an EMP Shockwave ability that temporarly disables the weapons of all ships near the dread, However this also disables Dread weapons, but gives the dread a chance to jump away. Put it on a 30minute cooldown.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:19   
The rank limit is 1RA. So VA and dreads and everything doesnt really matter?
I do however agree, the Kluth should get a better 1RA cruiser.

RageStrike *Nick*
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:22   
I have another idea!

Well this is just to benefit me. but how about allow Vets like me the ability to get a special vet Dread at the Free to play price, just for sticking with the game.

And other Veteran awards. would be cool too.

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:27   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 23:23, Meehan wrote:
it would be a good idea but what happens when they reach va would it be just like now were if your free trial or mouth is up you go back to cadet until you sub and if that the case wouldn't the player just reset his rank and pres then that would just be boreing having to work all the way back up to va again just curious how going to va would help

You don't quite understand. You will gain pres up to 1RA(once you reach 1RA, possibly cutting pres gain down by 50% or so unless you sub). You will Continue to be able to access 1RA ships. Its not like the current free trial where you only get 2 weeks then get set back to the current free-to-play rank of cadet... Instead of cadet it will just be 1RA.. There would be no need to reset your acount unless you really want to be limited by the smaller ships again

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-05 13:21   
Quote:

On 2009-10-05 10:30, Dark Valkaryie (Angel of Death) wrote:
What Chewy Says is correct, ppl will like it that the game is free. But for those members who were using the free trial, and has an Admiral ship already but is unable to Sub for Numerous Reasons or a VA that is working towards Admiral, would they not be able to Carry on making pres to get to Admiral and would the Admirals not be able to use ther Admiral ships?
Well im a Va that is working towards Admiral, and the fact tht all my hard work would be wasted really taunts me. And Admirals out ther that are just using the free trial, they will be quite upset about the fact tht their hard work to get to Admiral would be wasted to.

Not everything in the world can be free. It has to be limited to cruiser - if Dreads are free, there is basically no reason to subscribe. Admiral rank Dreadnaughts are basically the best ships to use.

If people want to use them, theres their incentive to subscribe. Otherwise, they just have to live with 1RA ships.

Better than scouts right?

-Ent

RageStrike *Nick*
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 14:11   
What i want is 1ra to have a Torp Cruiser, Missle Cruiser, Battle cruiser,

Each cruiser/ship Requireing a certain Badge to Use. Like Battle being Free, Missle Silver Combat and Torp being Gold combat.

Get rid of interdictor cruiser and make it just be an addon for Stations.

Once you Sub and you are 1RA Special cruisers and Troop transport cruisers, Carrior Cruisers, Heavy Weapon cruisers, Heavy Engineer Ship and Heavy Support Ship(3 reloads and can build a platform) can come Unlocked.

Same for lower then rank 1RA with special Destroyers and Frigates being unlocked when u pay.

Then, Ranks for above 1RA can be beefed up a bit. with Many different Dreads and Stations.

So to get right down to it. I would like this game to have A lot more choices in ships. and A lot more ships for those who pay. and to make people want to pay.
[ This Message was edited by: Nick *S2* on 2009-10-05 14:15 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 14:42   
Assault class cruisers have nearly the firepower of a dreadnaught with better manueverability. There is absoloutely no reason 1ra should have access to them, Heavy/Battle Cruisers are fine, they arethe meat and bones of combat, anything special should be reserved for subscribers. As an Assault Cruiser pilot, I can easily attest to crippling dreads single handedly; which is something that would dissuade subscribing if it were available to free players. (afterall, why get bigger ship if everyone else can take it down?) That being said, the scarab is a solid combat ship, and in my opinion, the most versatile cruiser of every faction(next to maybe the guppy, which is a devastating asset in itself if used properly). The scarab not only has a sizeable armarment of cannons and missiles, but the antimatter mines as well. While at first they seem useless, mines have the benefit of being stackable prior to combat, and persistent throghout combat. You can effectively limit your enemies movement by strategic placement, cover a retreat through a gate, or even nuke enemies; the things are STRONG.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035035 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR