No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anyone got a cure for the EMP BD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Anyone got a cure for the EMP BD
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-10-02 18:34   
Solution for EMP Battle Dread = run like your butts on fire

(until the code is changed)

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-02 21:08   
Quote:

On 2009-10-02 18:22, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-01 16:13, Delando wrote:
Was playing ICC this pass week. I'm having a bit of a problem fighting EMP moded Ugto Battle Dreads. It seems extremely effective against ICC ships of all classes.

EMP does 150% dmg to Shields. and once pass amor, does constant dmg to systems.

The result is that quite oftem in a ICC Dread, I would lose my shield veryquickly. and all my systems would be dead (including JD) at well about 70%-60% hull.

And if the ugto dread in question was had reflective armor, he'll have less than 10% hull dmg.

Does anyone have an good idea of how to counter this?

You're fighting UGTO at close-range. Think about that for a while.

HINT: Use missiles.

SECOND HINT: Use your jump drive to generate range.

THIRD HINT: Seriously, you're ICC. What are you thinking, engaging UGTO at close-range?

... I fly ADs

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-02 22:01   
Proposed solution: 1.521

Which should hopefully be pushed this weekend.

Email Shigernafy
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-03 00:26   
Cure for an EMP dread?

4 Krills and a .45

H&S

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-03 03:06   
Quote:

On 2009-10-02 21:08, Delando wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-02 18:22, Bardiche wrote:

You're fighting UGTO at close-range. Think about that for a while.

HINT: Use missiles.

SECOND HINT: Use your jump drive to generate range.

THIRD HINT: Seriously, you're ICC. What are you thinking, engaging UGTO at close-range?

... I fly ADs

PROBLEM DETECTED.

The AD is more for fighting K'Luth than UGTO, what with their Reflective armouring and whatnot. Against the UGTO, I'd much rather field a regular Combat Dreadnought than an Assault Dreadnought, simply because guns yield a much lower risk.

This game sometimes requires you to strategically pick your vessels, so, yeah, to solve the problem (at least for now, whether it will persist in the update is yet to see...) just fly something more geared towards fighting the UGTO efficiently until they use Ablatives, or you get proper support.

Even when the update's pushed through, I'd like to remind everyone that UGTO's weapons have drop-off, so against a Battle Dreadnought, whether EMP or P Cannons, distance is always your friend. AD brings too much risk along to use as a ship with negligible support.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-10-03 19:38   
if youre fighting someone who is beating you, develop a tactic either on your own or with your wingmen to combat it. dont complain about it until youve exhausted every tactical option available.

my suggested solution to EMP bds is to have a couple smaller ships take down an armour facing and then IC cannon it. no more cannons, taste of his own medicine, get to watch a BD explode. fun times!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-04 12:27   
Quote:

On 2009-10-03 03:06, Bardiche wrote:
Even when the update's pushed through, I'd like to remind everyone that UGTO's weapons have drop-off, so against a Battle Dreadnought, whether EMP or P Cannons, distance is always your friend. AD brings too much risk along to use as a ship with negligible support.

P-cannons have drop-off?

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2009-10-04 14:13   
Particle Cannons, Psi Cannons, EMP Cannons and Chemical Lasers all have damage falloff.

Everything else doesn't.

Goto the website of Drafell
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-04 14:31   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 14:13, Drafell wrote:
Particle Cannons, Psi Cannons, EMP Cannons and Chemical Lasers all have damage falloff.

Everything else doesn't.

News to me. Whats the damage drop off difference between point blank and max range. The Pcannons can shoot ridiculously long range, what is the max pcannon distance? 1700gu?

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-04 15:30   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 12:27, Sixkiller wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-03 03:06, Bardiche wrote:

P-cannons have drop-off?

... Yes, as Drafell explained. This has been one of the most well-kept ICC secrets since a while. Well, some of us ICC know this and actively use it against the UGTO. This is why I find the AD a bad ship, since both K'Luth and UGTO are most deadly at close-range, whereas the ICC can select the range at which it wants to engage. (the Interdictor vessel is just excellent for ICC combat)

I'm not sure what the damage drop-off is, but in my experience as flying any ICC craft, I've never found Particle Cannons to put a real dent in my shielding when engaged at a ~1,000gu range. As long as you don't fight a vessel smaller than you, you should be able to jump out of enemy effective combat range time and again. (you have the added advantage of being able to select your jump distance by timing the jump cancel correctly... enemies need to plot a jump course or try to match you by somewhat facing in your direction--a much more difficult task)

Remember that your shields also allow you to take 400+% shielding damage just by virtue of rotation and shield regen alone. You're suited to lasting enemy (weakened) fire while barraging missiles and railguns. The enemy is not suited to charge at you while never turning their sides or back to you.

The Assault Dreadnought flies like an UGTO ship. Thankfully it has some ranged capacity to maintain ICC combat tactics and wear the foes down a little before sweeping in, but it's still horridly inefficient at close-range combat due to the other factions' tendancy to be more powerful up close.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-10-04 16:29   
Remember when everyone just engaged at 150gu or below?

Those were great times.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020996 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR