No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Just finished the Eve trial
 Author Just finished the Eve trial
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-04 20:58   
Yes I know I've preached for 6 or 7 years that I wouldnt play the game but I wanted to see what the big deal was. While it is an impressive game in many aspects it doesnt hold a candle to DarkSpace in terms of quality gameplay.

From the moment I started playing Eve it felt like a job. I gave it my best shot, was tutored by DS vets and studied battleclinic obsessively just to make sure I knew what I was doing. Reguardless of the great progress I made during my short period, the friendly people I met, the sheer scope of the game, it still felt lacking. Everyone told me it will get better in time, after several months or even years (!?) Yeah they were probably right but lets rewind a bit.

My DarkSpace free trial back in March of 2002 was absolutely outstanding. The high volume of players and quick action on the FA server kept me salivating for more. In fact I skipped school quite a few times those 2 weeks. Although I was at first alarmed by the small player base the moment I was thrown into a server with over 50 people crowded in it I knew it wasnt going to be an issue. I was playing a game not doing a job.I was having fun.

As time went on and my skills grew I learned of the value of the MV. This is where I found the "pros" of DS and also all the glory. The FA server and MV complimented each other greatly, one for it arcade-style quick-action gameplay, the other for its epic battles, modded ships, and Faction warefare. It was the quick action of the FA server that hooked me to DS, and it was the MV that sold me. Well FA went away and now new players are thrown into the MV where action is not always easy to come by it feels almost lonely.

Lol I kept hearing n00bs when I was playing eve asking, "where is something to shoot at!?" In Darkspace in March of 2002 I never had that problem

Reguardless Darkspace set a standard that not even a massive game like Eve Online could beat. Thats why I'm here now, typing this post. Thanks for the quality game.

-RS

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-04 21:30   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 20:58, Rogue Spear wrote:

Reguardless Darkspace set a standard that not even a massive game like Eve Online could beat.

-RS

nuff said

Email -Shadowalker-™
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-04 23:05   
Quote:

On 2009-10-04 20:58, Rogue Spear wrote:
Reguardless Darkspace set a standard that not even a massive game like Eve Online could beat. Thats why I'm here now, typing this post. Thanks for the quality game.

-RS

Never thought i'd hear the words.

But yes, we do complain alot about bugs, and percieved imbalances (I prefix it with percieved because the devs are in fact doing thier best)

If we can, i'd like to keep this thread clear of all the normal bashing we do about all the crap we... bash.. about. If anyone wants to take this time to thank the Staff at Palestar and the developers (who are players as well) I think that would be a nice change of pace.

Thank you Darkspace, for a game that when you work as a team is great fun!

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 00:30   
if only there werent so many bugs/crashes/hangs this game wld be more or less pretty awesome. at any rate it wld be nice to have mroe features in this game. not so much that it kills the fun like in eve tho..eve was like a job last i played it too, refueling poses, doing jf routes moving stuff, even FC-ing a fleet...it was too stressful or tedious.

The Crimson Dragon
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 21:19   
i also finished the eve trial,I agree for me EVE was realy hard to follow and i barely did anything that wasn't a job.In darkspace you don't have to do the capture planets thing you can log in and do as you please,I say that darkspace is one of the best mmo's that i have played with or without the bugs.

P.S. i know this is off the topic but for those people that say you should just be able to log in as admerial you probably didn't think that if that happens ALL of the people will play as admrial and in dreadnoughts meaning NO engeniers to build up planets and no workers to heal you and supply you in battle

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-05 21:57   
I just play it when I'm bored, have spare cash, or theres a 5 day trial thing. And cus its purdy to look at with my new video card..

Mattyboi
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 12:10   
As a 08 player of eve i must say the following:

DS offers a unique gameplay to EVE,
Eve is, as said, a "job" it requires constent attention and yes it takes months / years to start but with DS it allows you to jump right in.

Overall i think DS IS better as its more hands on and not a login > talk > afk > talk > logout
DS is more of a login > situation? > adapt > pew pew

Page created in 0.013301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR