No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Small Ships, Minelayers
 Author Small Ships, Minelayers
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-05 02:17   
So i've found out that the UGTO Long Range scout may be small in size, but it's mountains of fun otherwise!

Using it to beacon kluth is fun. So [PB]Coombie decided the best way to kill me would be to use his Krill. It wasn't so easy since by the time he decloaked I could jump away. He ended up switching to a Fang and we procceded to do some small ship testing of sorts, here are my thoughts after playing around a bit with a couple ships

UGTO Assault Corvette vs. Kluth Fang

Fang has a beacon, 3x Disruptors, 2x Torpedos, 1x PsiCannon, ECM slot, oh... and a beacon???

Ok. so it runs out of power relativly quickly, ok i'm lying, Really really quickly. But... it gets a beacon. If The fang is the "Assault" Scout of the kluth fleet Why doesnt the UGTO Assault Scout get a beacon? It only has one ECCM slot so it's not useful for pinging, the Damage it can do is pretty pointless... especially since a single alpha of disruptors will usually kill it if you get in close enough to use torps.. it should get a beacon at least to be a bit more true to the scouting origins... (or maybe thats why the devs call it a corvette.....???) Tricky tricky..

UGTO Minelayer Frig vs. Kluth

So I thought... lets lay some mines, at least that way if Coombie wants to play hide and go cloak maybe he'll hit a mine while he's stalking me, he cant use PD while he's cloaked.. and a scanner would give away his position... UGTO doesn't have any other ship that can lay mines... except this one frigate.. here's an ideal Singular purpose vessel. A vessel that just like the Long Range Scout i'm hoping it a great way for a non-subbed player to be able to help out the fleet in a meaningful way..

Wrong. Even without a scanner you can see the mines. Coombie was the only one around, and the only other member of his team didn't have scanners. (one of them was even kind enough to point out that kluth dont make it a habit of carrying scanners...ECM only.. ) thanks for that PROTIP.

So. Whats the point of mines if you can see them... even without a scanner.

If I was a kluth i'd say.. Ok.. lets avoid all thoose mines we can see right there..

Is this a bug or is this a balance issue? And cant we get a minelayer destroyer or minelayer cruiser? If mines are going to be so useless, just take them out of the game altogether, thanks!

Thats it. i'll maybe add some small ship info to this later after I mess around with the Assault Destroyer, or Gunboat...

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:19   
We can't have mines because people will cry that they actually have to watch where they are going instead of flying straight at enemies, just like the last time mines were good. Hope this helps.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-05 13:00   
Quote:

On 2009-10-05 12:19, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
We can't have mines because people will cry that they actually have to watch where they are going instead of flying straight at enemies, just like the last time mines were good. Hope this helps.

Dumbing down the game is never a good idea

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-05 14:23   
that is indeed a very good question. i never messed with the Kluth scouts myself, but they are a bit power hungry.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-05 14:33   
I'd like to point out that ugto mines don't do anything uness you catch some random guy with no armor or shields whatsoever.

Email Sens [R33]
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-06 00:37   
Quote:

On 2009-10-05 14:33, Sensitivity wrote:
I'd like to point out that ugto mines don't do anything uness you catch some random guy with no armor or shields whatsoever.

No hull, no armor and who just happens to fly straight into one. Even if you order them to destruct I doubt the splash radius is big enough to even worry about them.

But honestly. I'd love to see some actual tactics using minefields... but in thier current state, they're useless.

Almost as useless as the single Cannon slot on my EAD. Just take it out, or at the very least, make it a Heavy Cannon. otherwise it's like taking a M1A1 Ahbrams and putting a 9mm Pistol as "anti-infantry" defense...

There's a reason it has a .50 cal and 2x M240 machine guns for anti-personal weaponry..

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 16:40   
Quote:

On 2009-10-05 12:19, $yTHe {C?} wrote:

Everytime something is changed, added,removed,nerfed,boosted,pwned,cloaked etc, People will cry, that cannot be helped,

If it can help, maybe a limited amount of mine at once, either per faction, or per ships and a life time. Mines shoudl be useful, and hidden to stop people form randomly flying around for nuthing, especially Kluth who flyes around cloaked around an entire fleet of ships at a planet

Last i check a while ago, wasn't the description of the UGTO mines was an actual thermo nuclear bomb or something? why not make it live for its name?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.009566 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR