No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scarab- Good or Crap?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Scarab- Good or Crap?
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 12:10   
I would like to know your oppinons on the Scarab, I belive it should be scrapped and a VA dread made, just an equivalent to the ICC MD and UGTO CD. But the problem with this it will Cause Dread Space (No one likes DreadSpace) Soooo Reply

-Dark Valkaryie (Angel of Death)

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-06 12:20   
No no no.

Just power up mines again!!!!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-06 13:39   
The scarab used to be a torpedo boat, it would be nice to see it returned to that role. Or some other primarily combat role.

Since because you know, mines are useless.

-Ent

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-06 13:40   
Used to be my preferred kluth cruiser back before item levels and when mines were useful. The AM torpedoes packed quite a whollop, and I didn't have to worry about beams draining all my energy.

Ever since item levels, and this version's automatic item levels, the scarab isn't worth it. Cruiser torps can't match a dread's.

Dilandu
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 15:10   
Abusolutly NOT scraping it! I had way too many fond memories assassinating vets when i was a newbie in that ship.

I personally vote for powering up the mines. They are an equalizer, and laying mines are a time consuming and dangerous work. Work which should be rewarded accordingly.

As for AM torp, we do have the scale, not saying it's perfect( giv'me cannnons, damit) but it would be redundant.

i would also vote nay for a kluth VA dread, it would have to be a weak dread. i much rather have a more powerful crusier.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 15:26   
PFFT, More powerful Cruiser.... PFFT! BUt the Idea of Powering up Mines... hmmm..... A strong Cruiser Matches a weak Dread, and my Torp Cruiser can take on a dread, TO Bad I dont have it now !!!

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 15:28   
[quote]
On 2009-10-06 15:10, Dilandu wrote:

laying mines are a time consuming and dangerous work.

Time Consuming and Dangerous Work.... hmmm, I Dunno but Some ppl dont have time and Dangerous Work some ppl would like to stay away from tht.
[ This Message was edited by: Dark Valkaryie (Angel of Death) on 2009-10-06 15:33 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 16:03   
What about the parasite? i mean, its a damn good ship(well, atleast its good in my hands) and just think, K'luth are realy powerfull, hence why there ships are sort of 1 rank up from their UGTO-ICC counterparts.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 16:25   
Make the mine live up is name, it should be useful, i never seen in any game or in real life mines to be so useless, a single mine should make even a dread think twice before keep going,

why does it have to be here?

come to think of it "Why is there even useless devices in game like the interceptors, if there so useless then remove em and make space for something better"
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-06 17:37   
I spent the better part of two and a half years flying a scarab as my primary ship.
And I held my own just fine.
The problem is the mines are weak. Fix mines, the scarab is back to being a top notch cruiser again.

The idea of K'luth having missle boats is stupid. We shouldn't even have the gang as it is.

How many of you remember the old Kluth? How many of you remember why it is we only had 3 dreads, and a bunch of cruisers and dessies?

Kluth is a hit and run faction. The idea was to jam some powerful weapons on weak armor/hulled ships, and give them a pretty high energy drain. You could uncloak and give a few shots, then either cloak and get away or jump out. Hit in numbers or die.

Now what are we working towards here with this type of an idea?

We will end up further down the road of there being no difference between the three factions other than the skins on their ships and a few faction gadgets.

We don't need missle boats. We don't need another dread. We have too many stations now. We need the dessies to have a viable energy supply and the weapon level system removed. The balance is in the number of gadgets, not the ship hull size. Since we went to weapon levels we haven't seen anything close to balance.

So. No. Keep the Scarab, but make mines work again.

No. We don't need another dread.

And no, we don't need any more missle boats, ty very much.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-06 18:44   

I'd say they're pretty strong.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-07 15:53   
I flew a dessy today. It was the Stinger, and it flew fine, no energy problems. I was able to fight a serious battle and cloak at the end.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-07 17:10   
Do it against a person, not AI.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-07 18:37   
Six is right, the stinger is more of a "traditional" ship compared to the rest of the k'luth arsenal. The claw and drainer on the otherhand, now THOSE are ships of beauty.

Email Sens [R33]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-08 10:54   
From what Myth was saying last night, an am mine does roughly the same damage as two torps.

He brought up a valid point tho. It's a basic one that plagues a game like this.

If you make them better, so that they do more damage per capita, how do you also limit them from becoming some type of uberweapon. If you make them effect for dropping behind you as you kite an enemy and they do serious damage, how do you limit them from being too devastating in a minefield, say, at a jumpgate?

It's a crucial question, I think, when examining the Scarab. I think if we were to limit the role of mines, then they could be more powerful. If we keep them with the ability to lay a 50 mine field, they MUST be made weaker, so as to make it not gamebreaking.

Could we limit the amount that a ship can drop? Say, make them really powerful, but only 5 or 10 can be active at a time. Then drop some of the slots off for the mines, and add either torps, cannons, or maybe an ELF or two.

Or, we keep them weak as they are now, many slots, drops of 50 for a minefield at a gate or somthing.

I'd take the first option myself.

Now, for me, a better discussion would be omg wth are you calling it a Parasite for?!?!?!?
Elf is broke, and there aren't enough on the thing to validate the name Parasite.
Why, oh why does the Siphon have 3 ELF?

but all that is off topic, so I'll stop now.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020048 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR