No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Paypal is lower than atmospheric pressure
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Paypal is lower than atmospheric pressure
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-10-08 02:15   
PAY PAL blows and will not use it so gusse there no $$ from me this is screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit - i don't like your subject]
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-10-08 06:33 ]

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-08 02:28   
F - What was the cost to use PBC/BIBIT compared to the revenue generated from it?

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-08 02:41   
paypal is the most secure and best way to pay for something over the internet, IMO.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-08 03:05   
no u

Email Supertrooper
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-08 05:43   
Quote:
On 2009-10-08 02:41, Leonide wrote:
paypal is the most secure and best way to pay for something over the internet, IMO.

Thats pure marketing.. it keeps using CC and direct payments, with no true validation of ownership.

in my parts of the world (Netherlands and Belgium) BIBIT was linked to our local payment system "Ideal" making it for us ("me") to easy to use. (Heck BIBIT was a dutch company one time).
If paypal will be the future way to pay.. I'm lucky i still got some subscription time left, before i have to get annoyed with paypal..

If i recall the BIBIT costs €20 a month, and €14 for every payback..
Transaction charge for us is 3.10% but i heard this varies a lot, per company and per year.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-08 05:55   
Quote:

On 2009-10-08 05:43, Eledore ICC Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-08 02:41, Leonide wrote:

Thats pure marketing.. it keeps using CC and direct payments, with no true validation of ownership.

in my parts of the world (Netherlands and Belgium) BIBIT was linked to our local payment system "Ideal" making it for us ("me") to easy to use. (Heck BIBIT was a dutch company one time).
If paypal will be the future way to pay.. I'm lucky i still got some subscription time left, before i have to get annoyed with paypal..

If i recall the BIBIT costs €20 a month, and €14 for every payback..
Transaction charge for us is 3.10% but i heard this varies a lot, per company and per year.

Paypal can just take the money from your bank account i think. You need to confirm this with Ideal or something.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-08 06:45   
Quote:
On 2009-10-08 05:55, Sixkiller wrote:
Paypal can just take the money from your bank account i think. You need to confirm this with Ideal or something.

True but this is a one time only, and that is just to confirm that you the paypal account holder is in control of that banking account..
Afther that it paypal just sends you a "Autoincasso" unless your banking account has a specific or global block of "Autoincasso" you can say goodby to your money. The bank won't do anything about it and paypal will tell you that you authorized it.
Only in the event of confirmed account skimming will paypal stand warrant for any transaction.

Reason why i don't like linked paypal.. same as CC. lose the card of theft of card info and you can lose cash without conformation its actually you..

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-10-08 07:30   
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW AUTOMATED DEDUCTIONS FROM YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION... explanation to follow...

This is just a word of advice (familiar with the financial aspects of things). DO NOT ever give a business automated deductions from your financial institution because:

1) They take nearly 3 months to cancel (if that even happens)
2) The automated deductions may never stop (so do it manually)
3) If the transactions don't stop, you will have to cancel your account(s) and get a new account number (hint hint here). Hint reemphasized: If you don't cancel your account that is setup for auto-withdrawals, it's a bad thing. Long winded story about the US banking industry problems that they wont fix.

This applies to all transaction inclusive of real estate, paypal, mortgage companies, etc....

BTW... PayPal has done a good job compared to a lot of others! There are better and worse alternatives, though i'll leave that up to you to decide.

I have replaced my credit card account number ( 6254-0834-123I-DIOT) pay attention tot he IDIOT part at the end please... ...anyways, replaced my transaction memorobilia 3 times this year due to transactions with China and India. Take out of that what you will. My financial instution flagged it... ...then notified me. That's what I pay them for!

Paypal is respectable, so go for it!

My only question is when they ask for that initial $.01 USD deposite to establish the account, do they ever return the usage of those millions of customers contributing $.01USD? I've never seen anything returned while they use my $$... ...sounds like a phone call to Paypal waiting to happen?

[ This Message was edited by: LAG on 2009-10-08 08:19 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-08 09:28   
Quote:
On 2009-10-08 07:30, LAG wrote:
$.01 USD deposite

Call, If they don't forward you to the legal department but to financing instead. ask them if i am right. that they write it off as the setup-fee for the linking..

Adm_Fatman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-08 10:59   
i can't sub with paypal. they can't work on my request or sth like that. is there a problem with german paypal accounts?

Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-08 11:22   
well all financial institutions like paypal are more or less similar in the sense that when u connect 2 remotely different concepts like "secure payment" and the "internet", u cant really expect much. They all did their best.

buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-10-08 11:49   
well i use comdata any ways so wth am i going to do get me a green dot card and how am i going to use paypal i hate that crap on thing i know to do to make it safer is uses a prepayed card

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-08 13:54   
Paypal secure? lol, I've seen more issues with paypal than any other method of payment online. Even PBC is more secure than paypal.. Sure it costs a little more for us, but its worth it..

I've used paypal, known people that used paypal and seen people buying stuff with their account.. Luckily when it happened to my ex, he noticed it ant put a stop on the payment before it went through from the bank.. Paypal can be secure if you make it so you have to contact your bank to transfer the funds to paypal before doing whatever, but is it really worth the hassle with all the other options?

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-08 14:49   
Ok you lot ive read enough time for my Cents worth ...

Paypal is in my eyes that secure that it can be trusted as much as via mastercard and or american express, Its that safe.

I've personally been with paypal for many years now doing many monthly transactions at home and to the USA and there aint nothing safer thats for sure, My paypal account is directly tied into my bank acount and nothing ever goes wrong darkspace can also be trusted the monies from paypal in my case is taken directly from my bank account its then handled by paypal and converted into USD's then its deposited into Richard Lyles Account, now Richard is Faustus for those not in the know hes the lead programmer and founder of Darkspace, I've dealt with richard for 9 years since darkspace was in beta days and he can be trusted.

Like i said as for paypal not only are they trust worthy they give you just as much protection for your money as any of the major CC Cards give with fraud protection.

In a NUT SHELL paypal is safe darkspace is safe there wont be a problem with paypal.

P.s one last thing of importance with paypal its very widely used on ebay to handle transactions for sellers and buyers alike if so many individuals are willing to trust paypal does'nt that also mean that everyone else also trust that system of course they do its safe ...

[ This Message was edited by: IceMan on 2009-10-08 14:53 ]

Goto the website of TheHunter
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-10-08 15:11   
Yep, there basically isn't a better alternative in my opinion. I agree with ^^^^^

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021530 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR