No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Paypal is lower than atmospheric pressure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Paypal is lower than atmospheric pressure
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-09 00:56   
It use to be that PayPal couldnt auto deduct from your bank account. But sometime back that feature got enabled on all PayPal accounts that you tied to a bank account. You can disable it from auto withdrawling.

It was set up that way so you could purchase something even if you didnt have the funds in your paypal account, it would deduct from your bank (there is a service fee for that so be wary).

The 1 cent they charge to your bank account is never actually deducted. They put a draw order for 1 cent to verify the account. Once a draw order is put on an account, they have 48 hours to debit a charge before the draw order is nulled and the held assets return to your account.

Those of you that use Credit/Debit cards at the gas station you can see the same thing. Shell gas will put a draw for $1 on your account. You pump $30 worth of gas, go home and check your accounts online, you will just see $1. Two days later you will see the $1 replaced with $30.

Also in bars, when you go to cash out, some do their books that night, some the next day before they open. Their credit card machines put a draw order and hold for the ammount plus a little extra "in case you tip". When they go through and manually run the receipts and submit then your bank account will update and reflect the proper ammount.

Email Tael
decard
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-09 01:23   
If you trust paypal - your choise. I didn't trust them and i will never do.
I see absolutly no point to use paypal, giving my personal data to some unknown - for me - site because they have sed they are secure.
Pbc was for me the best option no problems, no doubts about trust/secure, i could do it in few minuts, now i have no option to subscribe, like you see there is more people that don't like paypal, eliminating other subscribtion metods is own goal (lack of words ).

Now my money goes to new fresh books couse i was late one day, better for me more reading less pc.
[ This Message was edited by: decard on 2009-10-09 01:24 ]

Adm_Fatman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-09 01:35   
paypal is not the problem. i never had problems with it, but for subscribing i should add credit card information to my paypal account? whats the benefit from paypal if i still have to own a credit card????
[ This Message was edited by: Lamer! on 2009-10-09 01:36 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-09 04:13   
ill be doing some subscribe tests..

But from what i can tell you, Its annoying to try to do my trick.. since you gota wait for paypal to process the first transaction, before you can cansel the subscribtion and subscribe again.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-09 08:14   
Lol Eledore....It's not like you need any Sub time for the next while...you have, what, like 400 days left or something?

Just get a CC and only use it for DS...you can get like 500 limits on these things...

H&S

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-10-09 09:06   
hey how come my monthy payment plan doens work with paypal.
i got a mail this morning wich my monthly subscribe has been cancelled

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-09 09:14   
Quote:
On 2009-10-09 08:14, Ham&Swiss wrote:
Lol Eledore....It's not like you need any Sub time for the next while...you have, what, like 400 days left or something?

Just get a CC and only use it for DS...you can get like 500 limits on these things...

H&S

14:50:30 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: "some one SLAP ME !"
14:51:00 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: " that isn't a dare...."
* [Admin]Faustus slaps Eledore ICC Massis [R33] in the head...
14:51:51 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: "ghehehe...... i bet you noticed ?"
14:52:15 [Admin]Faustus: "yeah, I dd... no problems paying for the server this month "
14:52:40 [Admin]Faustus: "thanks btw.."
14:52:54 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: "NP for that.."
14:53:06 [Admin]Faustus: "999.1 days remaining in your subscription "

Basicly subscribtion works fine, but so far i have noticed you can only have ONE DS account subscribed per Paypal account..
I could not subscribe my account when my alt still has his subscribtion running, i had to unsubscribe to be able to use the paypal account again on a different Ds account...

[small]p.s. 999 days + 6 month for alt account = 999 + 180 = 1179 days..

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore ICC Massis [R33] on 2009-10-09 09:17 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-09 09:24   
Quote:

On 2009-10-09 09:06, Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* wrote:

I had to redo some of the billing php code... so I cancelled some subscriptions. It doesn't affect your time left, you'll just need to resubscribe when you account runs out.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-10-09 09:27   
Quote:

On 2009-10-09 09:24, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-09 09:06, Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* wrote:

I had to redo some of the billing php code... so I cancelled some subscriptions. It doesn't affect your time left, you'll just need to resubscribe when you account runs out.

-F

ok thx

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-09 10:17   
Is there any chance we can add a 1 month "gift" coupon to the Paypal options? It has been an often requested feature, and I think people would make use of it, even if it came at a premium cost of maybe $1 or $2 more.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-09 14:13   
Thre is no reason now that paypal is setup that a voucher/gift scheme cant be used for single month gifts.

Come on Fastus Make it so ...

[ This Message was edited by: IceMan on 2009-10-09 14:14 ]

Goto the website of TheHunter
ElectroFanatic
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-09 14:20   
Hey ppl first off just wanna say i like the new system where demo accounts earn up to 1st rear admiral. However, i also just wanna voice that because i only have access to a laser card atm i was reliant on BIBIT i don't know if any other players are in a similiar situation to my own so i understand if its not possible to re-introduce BIBIT ill check back regularly to see if it is. Keep up the good work!!

\"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching.\"

-Unknown

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-09 15:19   
I Hope your in Ireland, If so here is something i must tell you.

1. Since 2005, Allied Irish Banks (AIB) and Bank of Ireland account holders are receiving co-branded Laser/Maestro card. These are Chip and PIN cards with both Laser and Maestro functions. Within Ireland, they function primarily as Laser cards, outside they function as Maestro cards, although with patchy acceptance. All other Laser partners are to issue Chip and PIN cards, and this will allow them to co-brand with other debit card brands.

and

2. I have my Maestro debit card connected with paypal meaning paypal debits my bank direct via my debit card and darkspace gets paid for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED:

Quote:
look,,,, guys and gals its very very simple, all you need to do is walk into any Halifax bank in Ireland and ask to open a current acount.

All you need to do this is 2 forms of ID ,,,gas bill,,,,elec bill etc and some form of photo ID ,,,passport,,,etc.

You will be given once your account is open a VISA DEBIT CARD which is accepted by all online shops including mine and although it works like a Visa credit card the best news is you WLL NOT get a bill at the end of the month.

When you spend with a VISA DEBIT CARD its like you are spending cash, as you spend the money is taken from your bank account same day,,,when you run out of bank account funds the VISA DEBIT CARD stops working untill you put more money in the bank .

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Best Regards

IceMan - Fixing it and making dreams come to reality: PLAY DS )

[ This Message was edited by: IceMan on 2009-10-09 15:39 ]

Goto the website of TheHunter
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-09 15:43   
Quote:

On 2009-10-09 10:17, Mr Black wrote:
Is there any chance we can add a 1 month "gift" coupon to the Paypal options? It has been an often requested feature, and I think people would make use of it, even if it came at a premium cost of maybe $1 or $2 more.

06:09:20 JBud: "I dunno but that brings up a thought"
06:09:32 JBud: "Buying Coupons"
06:09:44 JBud: "or giftcard type deals"
06:09:55 JBud: "So that if you wanted to sub another player"
06:09:24 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: "buy em debit cards.."
06:10:37 JBud: "I mean through darkspace's billing system, you can buy a coupon, even lock it to a userID if you want"
06:11:20 JBud: "it would be a nice idea because people often subscribe other people on here and every way is unsecure"
06:12:16 Eledore ICC Massis [R33]: "true.."
06:14:25 [Admin]Faustus: "I do want to add the ability for players to buy coupons.."

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-09 17:20   
Hooray! Dreams of 2003 may finally come true!

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023994 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR