No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Rogen's Rift
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Rogen's Rift
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-12 21:30   
As we all know, enhancement drop rates have changed, you now can get some better stuff from Actual PvP combat (especially dreads and stations) however the surest way of getting enhacements as shown by Azreal's work on enhacements is Rogen's Rift.

Rogen's is setup much like the sag server. There are gates that connect to the last system in the "chain" of the faction's home systems. Polaris (ICC) Struve (UGTO) and Laccalle (Kluth). Then there is the central pirate area Lumar.

I propose a discussion about RR. I belive that the outlying systems with gates to home-faction servers should remain in balance. When I first came back a few months ago this was the case. Each side had a "home" so to speak to fight from, enact repairs and/or sy etc. Through perhaps an unspoken "thruth" this stayed this way for some time. And RR was actually fun.

After the last reset, the kluth came in and took over all 3 outlying systems in RR and most of Lumar as well. Now let me get it straight that i'm not complaining about this, but merely making an observation.

RR is primarily PvE, it's a place to kill mobs and get loot. Kluth have the advantage in that they can cloak, sneak up easily on the elite units and kill them. They also have the advantage in capping planets, again, cloak, drop troops rinse and repeat.

As UGTO, I need to go into RR, bomb a planet, cap it, rebuild it (make it a SY) and then go hunting, Anyway, i'm sure you get the idea. RR for ICC and UGTO is more of a chore than fun. Makes it seem like the kluth, (through no fault of thier own) have a much easier time getting enhacements than the other two factions.

I propose making the outlying systems have at least a single planet that revolts back to the faction that owns the gate to home system. Much like earth and venus do if capped, or zoca and ihzack. At least in this way we can do more PvE and less bombing and capping (which is what we need to do in the MV anyway where it's PvP)

I hope that wasn't too drawn out and long, i'd like to hear people's thoughts on this issue. Thanks.
-Krim

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-12 22:17   
Maybe this is expecting alot but....

How about the fleets try to enforce some type of a truce in RR. We used to have an agreement that we don't fire on unless fired upon when in RR. We would get bored waiting on Elites to show and fight a little, but even then nothing serious, and just as fast everyone would truce to fight the elites.

I propose this:

How about the system in Rogen's that contains your faction's jumpgate is your home system, so to speak. We all agree not to cap any of each others planets in those systems. That even includes taking any pirate controlled planets within the system, so as to allow factions to set up kill zones.

Nobody caps anything in that center system. I dunno names, sorry lol.

There is a No firing on, unless fired upon rule in effect. If somebody fires on somebody else, then his faction simply does not support him. Don't supply him, don't pick defenders off his back.

I know we used to do this, and as far as I am aware it is not against the RoC to not supply somebody just because he's on your faction.

I personally would like to see something like this hammered out between the fleets first, because they are the only real organization within the game. We can then influence the new players and returning vets ( most of whom would simply honor the agreement if told of it). This would help us all have a chance to get in and have fun, and have a shot at hunting those rare elites down. They are hard enough as it is.
Besides, it's cool fighting side by side with a usual enemy.

This kind of thing could go a long way to rebuilding the community alot of us remember.

Just alot of thoughts. I like Krim's idea, but I guess in this case I'd just like to see a community effort instead of a code change.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-12 22:25   
Quote:

On 2009-10-12 22:17, Azreal wrote:
Maybe this is expecting alot but....

This kind of thing could go a long way to rebuilding the community alot of us remember.

Just alot of thoughts. I like Krim's idea, but I guess in this case I'd just like to see a community effort instead of a code change.

That sums up my hopes as well. Lets see who would be willing to get on board with this idea for RR.

Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-12 22:27   
I'm in total agreement, before I left a couple months ago this truce was in full effect and enforced by all. Anyone who broke said rules were shot and destroyed.

I'd like to go to RR, but as was stated above, as an ICC player there is no point, and I don't want to have to leave my clan so I can play kluth just to get a couple enhancements.

When ICC and UGTO get there systems back (and I am working towards this ATM), count me in on the truce (and I won't be afraid to fire on ANYONE who breaks this)

Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-12 22:56   
meh, who needs enhancements anyways ;P but yah im in on the truce...

Email Icarus II
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-12 22:57   
Quote:

On 2009-10-12 22:56, [CVN]Burnz2Much wrote:
meh, who needs enhancements anyways ;P but yah im in on the truce...

^hehe, i don't need em either but its the only place (realisitcally) to get em, thus everyone deserves a fair chance

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-12 23:08   
My thoughts: Get rid of enhancements altogether. There's no need for them, and they only serve to split the players between servers. The game never had enhancements before, and nobody exactly wished for them. I have a few advanced and unique enhancements on my ships, and I'd be all too happy to see them removed from the game entirely.

Maybe make the elites give more prestige than is usual for AI, or just get rid of them altogether. There's really no need for them.

At the very, very least, make the players drop the advanced and unique enhancements, not the elite AI. But that's still not as preferable as removing them entirely.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-12 23:55   
That is another issue altogether.
Not one thing dealt with the issue in the thread.
Start another post and give your ideas on those things.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-13 01:12   
PvP game. PvP rules. I doubt RR was designed around cooperation; it was designed out of competition.

Good drops are rare, and so are elites. They are practically the only commodity left in the game worth fighting over.

And yet no one wants to fight over them.

My view? If you want better, reliable enhancement drops, fighting over them feels best. All this nonsense about working together is completely against the spirit of what DS is all about.

Don't like losing your planets? Defend them. Build them better. Fight for your rewards or lose them. I cannot say it enough, DS is a PvP game. AI is only there for when there is a lack of players, something which right now isn't even a problem.

And above all, if RR was meant to be a PvE server, then it would not be connected to the PvP MV, and all the factions would be allied anyways.

They're not. So I'm pretty sure the intention is clear.

If you want to form ad hoc alliances, thats up to players of course. But don't expect everyone to go along.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-13 01:29   
As Ent said.. This is a PvP Game. A Player Versus Player Game. Not a happy hold hands and hug game.

An enemies trying to kill the elite you're going for? Kill the player and the elite, be more of a badass.

Email Supertrooper
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-13 02:23   
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 01:12, Enterprise wrote:
PvP game. PvP rules. I doubt RR was designed around cooperation; it was designed out of competition.

Competition, what competition is there, when your opponent has all the advantages when it comes to killing those elites and getting the enhacements, as well as capping the planets, which you need, to get those enhacements.

I'd sit in RR and focus on killing your transports and bombers if I wasn't so busy fighting other players in Sag server, the main PvP server.

And since you and some others aren't willing or able to make RR a PvE server, i'm asking what other's thoughts are on a code change to make it a mostly PvE server.

Thanks for your input.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-13 02:33   
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 02:23, Krim {C?} wrote:
Quote:

Competition, what competition is there, when your opponent has all the advantages when it comes to killing those elites and getting the enhacements, as well as capping the planets, which you need, to get those enhacements.

If you wont try to defend your planets or build them to defend themselves, then its no suprise you lose them.

At least in RR planets have a purpose, its one great thing that Sag lacks.

It makes little sense to let your enemy walk in, do whatever he pleases, farm a ton of good enhancements, only to put them on the ships they'll use against you in the main MV.

I'm pretty sure letting that happen wasn't intended, but its become CareBearSpace and suddenly everyone is buddies. Survival of the fittest my friends.

You may also want to try using your factions strengths against Kluths weakenesses, but tactics went out of style so long ago.

-Ent

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-13 03:32   
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 02:33, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 02:23, Krim {C?} wrote:
Quote:

If you wont try to defend your planets or build them to defend themselves, then its no suprise you lose them.

At least in RR planets have a purpose, its one great thing that Sag lacks.

It makes little sense to let your enemy walk in, do whatever he pleases, farm a ton of good enhancements, only to put them on the ships they'll use against you in the main MV.

I'm pretty sure letting that happen wasn't intended, but its become CareBearSpace and suddenly everyone is buddies. Survival of the fittest my friends.

You may also want to try using your factions strengths against Kluths weakenesses, but tactics went out of style so long ago.

-Ent

Sterentghs, weaknessess, all moot points in RR.

If there is no one there to oppose you you can cap planets. everyone knows this . Doesnt matter what faction you're on. Capping planets alone is easy, anyone can do it. RR is there for a singular purpose. PvE. If the debate is to become about how people build planets and how factions utilize thier individual strengths, that's fine. But What is RR. Lets get a clear definition, I think it's PvE and and loot, not PvP.

Screw the rest of this mombo jumbo What is the RR server about? Thats' what i'm getting at. The rest is about DS as a whole. As an aside, /slightly/ unrelated. Do you even PLAY on the Sag server enterprise? Or just RR, when no one is around?

Back to the issue at hand.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-13 03:52   
Quote:

On 2009-10-13 03:32, Krim {C?} wrote:
Screw the rest of this mombo jumbo What is the RR server about? Thats' what i'm getting at.

RR in my opinion is about competition over limited resources. Not cooperation. My enemies there are my enemies in Sag, or wherever I choose to play. I do well by hindering them. This is my PvP mindest.

And as long as RR is PvP, thats how I see it. Capturing enemy planets denies that competition, letting my faction have free reign.

And my opinion is that it should stay that way. DS is a PvP game, it should not be compromised for the sake of everyones convienience.

Quote:

As an aside, /slightly/ unrelated. Do you even PLAY on the Sag server enterprise? Or just RR, when no one is around?

Does it even matter?

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-13 06:19   
There were times when we did fight in RR. It was all good fun.

Fun. Isn't ultimately that what the game is about? Not combat, bombing, planet capping. Fun. Period. Those other things are just the ways we have fun. The goal itself is to have fun.

Is there a reason to truce in RR and allow an "enemy" to get an enhancement that he will put on a ship and fight you in Sag with?

SURE THERE IS>

It's called competition. I'm not afraid of it. It's challenge. I embrace it.

Kluth just spent the last 9 months at least without really being challenged. How'd that work for the game?

I am flying a Krill with 40% weapon damage. I don't have it to pop frigates with. And I don't wanna pop somebody else's dread that is only half as modded. I want a challenge.

But ultimately I want to see the players working together. How is it any different than the truces we come up with from time to time.

Further, how would it effect you, if you don't wanna engage in it? Not at all. You keep being who and what you are. Big deal. What is it to you if the rest of the player base agrees? You can most certainly continue to be the sour, depressing, hate-everything-new "vet" that you are now, and I'm sure everyone would be content to let you be.

The reason RR is a different issue and seperate from the rest of the servers is simple: Not 1 person over 1RA hunting for elites will gain or lose pres in the RR server.

So what really IS the point for us to fight one another over the elites? And that's not the main thrust anyways. It's the issue mainly of capturing all the planets. (sorry I just looked in RR and saw all the planets capped as Kluth. Unknown Wolf is guilty. My apologies, tho it wasn't me).

Thus the idea that a truce may work in RR.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-13 06:42 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021910 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR