No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » k happened a while back
 Author k happened a while back
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-15 09:33   
well this happened 4-5 months ago but im never going to do it again i ran dark space in full graphics and everything i did it to that max and well i was kluth jumped into ugto homeworld next thing i know im under attack from over 10 vessels then blackness my pc's video or greaphic or whatever got fired but im asking is it possible that this was the cause cuz if it is im never doing it again lol

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-10-15 10:20   
Oookay there Mr. Run-on Sentences, we will need some more information from you.

- System specs: These can be obtained by going to Start>Run, typing dxdiag and hitting enter, then saving that information to a text file and posting it here.

- What do you mean by "fried"? Did it melt? Did it simply stop working? What steps did you take (and presumably fail at if you got another one) to fix it?

- Were you running any processes in the background? I know Dark Space would have been the only one in focus, but were there other programs running as well?

- Why on Earth would you wait 5 months to tell us that you think Dark Space killed your hardware?

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-15 10:33   
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 10:20, $yTHe {C?} wrote:

- Why on Earth would you wait 5 months to tell us that you think Dark Space killed your hardware?

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:36   
In all seriousness ds could'nt even fry an egg as for the graphics, meaning its not DX9 or DX10, so im thinking 5 months ago your machine should be able to handle ds just fine.

Goto the website of TheHunter
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-15 17:56   
Quote:

On 2009-10-15 11:36, IceMan wrote:
In all seriousness ds could'nt even fry an egg as for the graphics, meaning its not DX9 or DX10, so im thinking 5 months ago your machine should be able to handle ds just fine.

Doesn't matter if it's DX9 or DX10. Any piece of software nowadays will ask your graphics card to pump out as many frames as it possibly can, no limit (that's what v-sync is there for). Same goes for DarkSpace.

Only thing DarkSpace would of done is overheated your graphics card. If that's the case, then you'll have to put fault with poor build quality or a poorly ventilated case.

- Jack

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-16 12:52   
BackSlash is correct... poor cooling is most likely the cause of your graphics card failing... it could have just as easily been Doom or any other 3D application that caused your graphics card to fail.

Your PC be kept in a room cooled by AC and you should also clean out the inside of your case with compressed air when needed. Dust building up on the graphics card fan is probably the #1 cause of a graphics card failures.

-DrVenture

Goto the website of Faustus
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-19 12:46   
k it just shows a black screen when its turned on its not the monitor im using it still with old pc so its somethiong in the machined that must have overheated and really it was from 2008 pc and cost me over $1,300 but im not really blaming darkspace just wanted to know if it could happen so i can tell the people who are fixing my thing and i already have plzyed it for a couple of months it happened right after i but the graphics at their highest so im thiking it musthave been the graohics card or something
[ This Message was edited by: tucker32 on 2009-10-19 17:21 ]

Page created in 0.018425 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR