No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » XFire and DarkSpace
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author XFire and DarkSpace
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-21 17:53   
***not sure which forum this belongs in***

For those who don't know what XFire is, I want to introduce it to you. To those who use Ventrillo or Team Speak, I want to pursuade you to try it.

I have used many voice servers over the years, but I haven't seen the integrations of what XFire offers. My desire is that others will help get XFire to look at DarkSpace and want to get on board.

First, it's not your average server. It can track time on a so many games I do not know the number. If you are on a supported game, it will show which server you are on, allow connection to the same server thru the control panel, it has a special chat interface that appears in game, it ...just look at some of these clips I took. They show a little better what I'm getting at:

They also have a community page setup. I took a snip of the goodies that you get from that as well. I believe this can be used even if DarkSpace is not integrated, so long as you join the comunnity page:

Thie following one shows a shot of my control panel. Notice that my Wolf pack freinds are listed under our fleet name:

In addition, we setup our fleet thru XFire as well, and got our own homepage. We can schedule events, post news, have our own forum...and you get updates thru your control panel about these things. I'm telling you I love it! Check out a clip of our homepage:

You can visit it thru the link on our fleet page, and visit our forum page.

It's all free.
The thing I love the most is that it overcomes an issue that we had always had. Free servers thru Vent and TS are limited unless you purchase servertime. Then there is always the issue of whether or not the server is up and running. Was always a pain, with changing ips.
XFire has a beta server that is free. Its always up. It supports like 300 people or some crazy number.

I would encourage everyone to join it.
I would encourage staff to start a community page there, or I will with permission.

The following is the info from XFire's FAQ:
* How can I make suggestions for new ga
mes that I want Xfire to support? How does Xfire decide on which new games to support?

You can post your suggestions for games you would like to see supported by Xfire in our New Game Ideas forum. Threads with the most replies and Users requesting a given title will be more likely to get noticed. We are always going to add the new releases and now Xfire can release support right away via the Xfire Download System!

Let's try to get DS and XFire integrated! I know Palestar tried before. Now try again, since we have gone F2P. We need more advertising, and this could be another great avenue. Supported games are auto patched thru xfire control panel, as are free trials, meaning if you have xfire, you will probably find out about this "new" F2P game called DarkSpace. This means every XFire user is a potential DS player

There is a new game forum at the following link. Maybe we could get on here and start raising some flux....:

Anyone interested can go here to dl it.

Check out the list of supported games. Chances are you play one on that list. It is a really BIG list!

So, be gentle, but tell me what ya'll think.

I am not trying to slam vent or ts in any way, for the record. I think it's a great avenue for getting out the word, and I think that the integrations can help expand the overall gameplay of DS
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-24 15:04 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-25 09:59 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2009-10-21 19:57   
Haven't you guys been trying to get Xfire to accept Darkspace as a supported game for about 4 years now?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-21 20:15   
why won't xfire do it?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-21 22:01   
Well, my thought is (and boy have I been known to be wrong) that if we can get an *official* Palestar/DarkSpace Community going there, and we all clamor for it, maybe they will listen. With new people coming thru, we may be able to rattle more cages. The more they see that the DS gamers are interested the more likely they are to pick it up.

As a side thought, we could link it with individual subcommunities of the three factions. More spread = more people see it. If you make the forums and news items public they will be listed on the main forums page somewhere (I forget where exactly) so that anyone might see an interesting post and say "Hmmm maybe I'll try that".

I was thinking of making a K'Luth Community page if DS doesn't make an official page.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 02:32   
Quote:

On 2009-10-21 20:15, --Daedalus-- wrote:
why won't xfire do it?

I think it is something to do with the way Darkspace is launched through the GCQL that Xfire cant pick up, which is why it will never appear on Xfire.

Personally I did not like XFire for at least communication anyway, its other features are very good, but the VOIP is really bad quality compare to Ventrilo or Teamspeak, but then I am very picky about that due to personal reasons.

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 03:54   
Quote:

On 2009-10-21 19:57, -Baron Von Virtu wrote:
Haven't you guys been trying to get Xfire to accept Darkspace as a supported game for about 4 years now?

mmm yes

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 04:59   
Support the idea of voice is vital for this game.
we need to unify the source of the voice chat. how can we help ur cause azrael?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 06:03   
I will say that Pegasus didn't like XFire. It's always been Wolf's VOIP.
I must also add that I have never ever heard another person complain about it. As in, I have never heard anyone say "XFire? EWWWWW"

The quality is as good as Vent/TS or better. Its clearer than my telephone. But he has another issue that he is dealing with and he's a little different story for him. And I think the one thing you can't do on XFire that you can on Vent is tweak other people's sound as it comes in, allowing you to boost this guy up that you can't hear, and turn this guy down that is blasting out your windows. I think he needs that type of a thing himself, and its not an option at this point.

Its the only capability either TS or Vent have over XFire.

IMHO, XFire pwns everything else hands down. I am hoping they will add that type of control at some point to the end user.

As far as GCQL effecting it, that could well be the case. I do not have the details of WHY DS and XFire haven't gotten together, I just know that they have tried before and so far it hasn't happened.

I'm sure if the idea really was one Faustus wanted to roll with, he could figure a way to integrate XFire with the GCQL. No doubt in my mind.

If you'd like to support the effort (for whatever it is worth) then if/when staff get an XFire Community page going, sign up and USE IT. Use the XFire tag in your sig. Write XFire and ask them to please begin working with Palestar and Faustus.

This kind of effort can be done in other areas as well tho. If you can think of good ways to get the word out and increase the traffick to DS, lets us know. We'll all help with the effort.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-22 06:05 ]

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-22 08:02   
We have had three attempts so far (that I know of) to petition the X-Fire team to list DarkSpace. Previous attempts had more than 300 signatories, yet have thus far been unsuccessful. Hopefully this one may prove otherwise.

Good luck.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 08:12   
if xfire cant pick it up as it aparently can't, then theres little point to even try to get it supported.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 08:22   
I didn't see anything in his reply that said "can't"....
If they "can't", then Palestar wouldn't have tried before.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-22 09:35   
In the early days of the revival of =Wolf= when I was a member, Sauur, SilentThreat and myself when we use to hunt together all had problems with quality and hearing anything.
No doubt voice quality has been improved since then.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-22 10:26   
Yeah, I wish you'd try it again Peg. I duuno, maybe now it is better. I know we can all hear each other very well now. If you do, lemme know if it works for you now. I really wish they would add those sound tweaks in.

On another note, I started a K'Luth community page. It's called The K'Luth Collective. That IS what K'Luth are after all....

I saw a few other DS community page attempts there, but they only had 1 member each, except for my squad's page (I think we actually have 17 members or so atm on XFire squad)

If this is the impression DarkSpace is giving XFire, it could be part of the problem. Let's show them some real interest.

Also, another thing I am going to love happened when I started The Collective. It started a new grouping in my XFire control panel, so that it will segregate community members from friends list, and even from my squad's list. Sweet!

I'd like another K'Luthy or three to sign up to help admin the site.
If you register you will be auto accepted, so no waiting for somebody to bring you in. If you download and install XFire, you'll find the community grouping on the first panel. All other community members will be listed on it. They'll be shaded if offline, lit up if logged on.

Go there now and register

If somebody can link it in the community sites, I'd sure appreciate it.

(other factions can join it if they wish or make their own. If ya'll would rather just make it a general DS community site I'm all for that as well)

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-24 15:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-25 10:01 ]

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-22 10:59   
http://www.xfire.com/communities/ugto/

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-22 13:05   
Someone from Trinity can make a ICC one.

And Xfire does pwn.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021775 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR