No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » about the fleets
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author about the fleets
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-07 16:08   
Quote:

On 2009-11-07 11:55, thron wrote:
un-subbed players can learn much about the game by asking questions in the lobby and or in the game server as well.

you dont need to be in a fleet to learn how to play....

You don't need to be in a fleet to play at all. If you're like me your faction is your fleet and you'll forever stay fleetless.

:levin:

Posted: 2009-11-08 03:42   
Quote:

On 2009-10-21 20:34, Dr House wrote:
We need perks for the subscribers. Otherwise, everyone would play free and the game would shut down due to lack of funds.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-08 12:51   
I think its strange that you don't get any "bonuses" or extra stuff by be in in a fleet. Id like to see things added to players who are in fleet, so that fleet will start to mean something.

Hegemonia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 05:45   
(I'm am responding to the first post in this topic)

Well you and all new people can join ~QS~ or Quiet Storm even vets, we are a multi-national gaming community.

we ~QS~ in darkspace is just one Squad of Quiet Storm we are not an official fleet but that doesn't matter at all long as we have our tag and work as a team noting can stop us!!!!

if you join there will be opportunities not just to play this game with team work but others as well.

i do ask that only mature players join as we don't want bad elements in our community and ask that you recruit and are active in both our forums and on TS (team speak).

to join ~QS~ all you need is Xfire and Team Speak. my xfire is: sid0035

[ This Message was edited by: ~QS~Sid0035 on 2009-11-09 05:47 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-09 06:07   
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 12:51, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
I think its strange that you don't get any "bonuses" or extra stuff by be in in a fleet. Id like to see things added to players who are in fleet, so that fleet will start to mean something.

Strange indeed. The game is said to be a fleet based game. All ship abilities are based on the idea of having multiple ships that fill specific roles.
Yet, there isn't anything that truly encourages fleet action. No perks, benefits, nothing except a fleet tag and a fleet page (its not really a forum. Its only 1 page of a forum that u write posts to).

There appears to be some things that were planned at one time, judging from the ownership and stated value of certain planets, but that doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.

If I remember right, they used to somehow link the planets a fleet "owned" to their fleet roster somehow. I forget how, I know I used to be able to view what planets Evil fleet owned. That is gone now as well.

Yeah, I would love to see more incentives for joining a fleet. Right now being fleeted can sometimes seem more a hindrance than a benefit....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-11-09 09:18   
I rememebr when fleets use to be able to have all their capped planets, and resources listed in thier fleet page.

When is grouping going to get added finally...
and i think as an incentive for fleets as well that they should be automatically grouped so that anything fleet players do together is rewarded.

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 10:42   
Grouping'll get added when it gets added. >.< Doing these types of things isn't like cooking or sewing, even the smallest mistake can screw you over. (as opposed to a salvagable result) Makes sense why programmers get mad or icy if you try to rush them, and even then it doesn't come out right.

All that stuff about Two Weeks... They have lives too y'know. Go learn how to code and help 'em out even.
[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2009-11-09 10:45 ]

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 11:36   
ehhh i don't have anything to say

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-09 11:42   
Quote:

On 2009-11-09 10:42, Ian9018's Ghost wrote:
Grouping'll get added when it gets added. >.< Doing these types of things isn't like cooking or sewing, even the smallest mistake can screw you over. (as opposed to a salvagable result) Makes sense why programmers get mad or icy if you try to rush them, and even then it doesn't come out right.

All that stuff about Two Weeks... They have lives too y'know. Go learn how to code and help 'em out even.
[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2009-11-09 10:45 ]

You dont need to know how program to be ds dev. Open a script and changes value like most do..

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 12:09   
i did that though first week no one wanted to talk to me i felt lonely but i crashed into planets a lot

Deimos Sobek (Bone)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 12:39   
You know I see this a little different.

Even though Fleets will probley not become free to join, this topic has touched on a few issues that will let the devs know what they may need to do in order to make Fleets more... wanted. By doing that they could get more subs.

On another note, I have invited a few friends to play DS but even with myself helping them, they find them selves lost when playing by theirselves. My point is that DS needs a tutorial, not a manual.

-Bone

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-09 15:51   
Quote:

On 2009-11-09 09:18, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
I rememebr when fleets use to be able to have all their capped planets, and resources listed in thier fleet page.

and i think as an incentive for fleets as well that they should be automatically grouped so that anything fleet players do together is rewarded.

All except for actually earning badges while grouped. It's silly and stupid for shared prestige to be badge prestige instead of bonus. People would be able to earn their transport and engineering badges by doing nothing but flying combat while being grouped with someone doing the capping and building, and that capper/builder would be earning his combat badges.

Shared prestige needs to be bonus prestige only.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-11-10 12:34   
Quote:

On 2009-11-09 15:51, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-09 09:18, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:

All except for actually earning badges while grouped. It's silly and stupid for shared prestige to be badge prestige instead of bonus. People would be able to earn their transport and engineering badges by doing nothing but flying combat while being grouped with someone doing the capping and building, and that capper/builder would be earning his combat badges.

Shared prestige needs to be bonus prestige only.

@maximus I agree, I often checked in on my fleet homepage to see the planets we capped, etc.. a bit of incentive and some fleet pride involved..

@Sparkle I agree also, bonus pres only. I believe this is how it used to be?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-10 16:34   
Well I'm worried because of this (emphasis added):

Quote:
- Added grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game. Grouped players share stat gains in all stats categories based on the rank of the player.

To me that means grouped players will be earning badge prestige instead of bonus prestige. I don't want to be seeing people gaining badges they never actually earned; bonus prestige is fine.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022459 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR