No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +16.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Logging to avoid death ( what do you think about it)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Logging to avoid death ( what do you think about it)
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-23 23:10   
So was just wondering what the general feeling is towards people who log out when thay get in trouble, back in the day this was considered the greatest dishonur there was in ds.

Earlier Slithis loged on me after i traped him, and returned and said he had outsmarted me by logging.

Is this kind of thing ok ?

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-23 23:14   
I will jump out and run like a pansy, but logging out during a battle does seem a little low (almost like shipyarding, but not as bad).

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-23 23:56   
Isn't your ship supposed to stay in game for a minute after logging?

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-24 00:09   
Quote:

On 2009-10-23 23:56, Fattierob wrote:
Isn't your ship supposed to stay in game for Two Minutes after logging?

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-24 00:41   
so bacuase of the 2 min timer its not a problem or considered bad sportsmanship, well ok then.
I wasnt clear if this was a legit tactic or not.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-24 00:46   
Because your ship stays in game for two minutes after log off, it's slightly hard to go "I'm going to die, better log-off now". I don't think it's a sportsmanship issue, unless you have a two-minute foresight skill or something.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-24 00:50   
Tactic frowned upon by players, but legitimate as far as RoC is concerned.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-24 00:55   
Quote:

On 2009-10-24 00:46, Fattierob wrote:
Because your ship stays in game for two minutes after log off, it's slightly hard to go "I'm going to die, better log-off now". I don't think it's a sportsmanship issue, unless you have a two-minute foresight skill or something.

Here the situation ,you are in a ugto dread at 100% armor/hull a enemy dictor jumps in and pins you. you see the enemy about to jump to you, so you set your ship to spin to make sure the damage will be shared on all armor arcs , you log off knowing 2 mins is not long enough for him to jump you and finish you off.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-24 01:06   
Quote:

On 2009-10-24 00:55, Coombie wrote:

Here the situation ,you are in a ugto dread at 100% armor/hull a enemy dictor jumps in and pins you. you see the enemy about to jump to you, so you set your ship to spin to make sure the damage will be shared on all armor arcs , you log off knowing 2 mins is not long enough for him to jump you and finish you off.

I suppose a dictor by itself couldn't take on a dread. I've had this happen to me before, but only because I didn't have a fleet with me. I think it's interesting you'll give yourself up to chance that the fleet can't kill you in 2 minutes.

That being said, it's more then likely unsportsmanlike to willingly disconnect to not die.

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-24 01:17   
yeah i agree there is a good chance the enemy will kill you in that 2 mins but you know if you dont log then its death for sure.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-24 01:20   
I would encourage slithis to reply. This is a dishonorable and unsportsmanlike act. if he has something to say about it, he should respond.

Dying sucks yea. But if you get dictored, you cant jump out, you die. it's a game. logging out is like saying "i quit" and walking away from the poker table with all your chips when you're all in. You can't do it.

Bad form.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-24 01:33   
If you log just cause your losing a battle, then you shouldnt be allowed back on, period. It's an amazingly cowardly thing to do and very unsportsmanlike. Dying, even in a station, does not penalize you that much anymore. If you don't like facing the consequences of being outsmarted, out gunned, or lack of foresight- go play WoW.

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-24 01:44   
I think we should try to stamp out this kind of behavior, and i will definatly be useing the "name and shame" system for anyone I see doing this, I encourage the rest of the community to do the same. is 1 death worth your Rep?

ps: if anyone sees one of my fleet doing this please let me know, PB wont tolerate that kind of stuff.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-24 02:00   
This isn't a rampant issue or anything. It happens, but its not rampant. Anything under a station can't probably pull it off. This kinda limits the folks who do this to people who should know better.
A big part of the problem was prestige loss per death. With the decrease in prestige lost for a ship by 20%, hopefully we will see more players risking it a little more.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-24 06:25   
Around a week or two ago I've been jumped by a medium sized Kluth fleet, I was in an UGTO station. As you could probably guess I had no chances. I was in an enemy system so I set out a 40+ sec long e jump and I logged so I could spawn at our supply plat planet. Suffice to say when I logged back I was greeted by Coombies and Lights petty trash talking of a 12 year old brat level. Leaving the judgement aside of what was the reason of my logging and how could they manage to track a 40+ sec long e jump. What rights do members of a faction that e jumps and cloaks on every possible occasions ( and we cant track their e jumps for obvious reasons) have to judge what is honourable or not. What rights do simpletons that dishonour themselves in /y chat petty trash talking have to judge what's honourable or not. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2009-10-24 06:33 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023247 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR