No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Thoughts?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Thoughts?
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-10-27 13:02   
I was playing in Scenario yesterday and somebody said something that i thought was an interesting idea, and i would like to hear the rest of the communities opinion on it. Basically the idea is that the K'luth auto hull repair only works when they are un cloaked. This way the cloak function still works the same, they just can heal their ship while it is on. This may address some of the "Balance" issues other players have reported, but I'm also curious to hear what the K'luth players think of this. If they think it would be too unfair, or maybe lessen the amount people complain about their tactics? Anyways, it is just an idea and I'm looking for player feedback, and points of view.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-27 13:39   
Heres an official responce from myself as a non-admin, non-mod, non-dev answer ...

sorry corrected image to correct version and its still DENIED
[ This Message was edited by: IceMan on 2009-10-27 13:44 ]

Goto the website of TheHunter
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-27 17:05   
Typical answer coming from Kluth players. If you say anything bad about them or try to nerf there cloak anymore there just gonna get all whiny and ect.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-27 17:13   
Typical answer coming from ICC players. If you say anything good about kluth anymore there just gonna get all whiny and denounce it as typical kluth propaganda.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-10-27 17:18   
Quote:

kluth propaganda.

HE SAID MY NAME HE SAID MY NAME! Well, at least half of it.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-10-27 17:21   
Was really hoping to get more input than one word.... maby a sentence or two to explain what issues you see with it?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-27 18:34   
Not enough of an issue, it won't affect anything. The fact that they can auto repair while cloaked is minor and not the reason some players see them as overpowered. Getting rid of auto repair while cloaked will not stop them from doing what they do.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-10-27 20:35   
if that happens, i want to see icc shields non-rotatable.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-27 21:40   
I think it's a firmly resounding no.

SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-28 04:13   
@Hellza If they do that then ICC = pirates. And the game would become something like "Welcome to DarkSpace aka lets all farm ICC" .

Email SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-28 04:45   
Once again a basic lack of understanding.

The Cloak and AHR work as a team. The idea being a wounded ship cloaks, and patiently waits for systems to come back, and maybe get a little hull on, before uncloaking again. It would actually make more sense if it worked the opposite way ie. AHR only working when a ship is CLOAKED.

Nothing is new about how AHR operates. It hasn't changed in any way. So I don't understand why it would need a change at all.

All said, the only real advantage to AHR is the faster system repair. It really doesn't do much for hull. It's heal rate is very slow for hull repair.

I think the reason why K'Luth get so easily deffensive at this time is .482 and .483, when we were arguably the weaker of the three factions. (I said ARGUABLY, meaning some probably don't/didn't see it that way). Now I think that besides the ELF beams being just overpowered laser pointers, K'Luth is pretty much where it should be in the current scheme of things.

What we'd rather see (and I think I can speak here for the majority of my faction's veterans) is ICC made viable again, and for UGTO to just learn fleet tactics.

We simply don't need changes to K'Luth at this time.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-28 05:43   
Agreed Az we need a viable game where 3 factions fight eachother again this is so removed from what i enjoyed years ago , ICC is as near as dead from a UK player point of view being on here day after day flying solo , there is something wrong with it as it is kluth is becoming the faction of choice for lots of players and fleets WHY i wonder? it is not because it is the hardest at the moment but this is counterproductive as there becomes no challenge for the vet luth players , I know good players like Az want a viable challenge from ICC and UGTO but even still where is it ? lots of posts from people i see in the lobby and not flying in MV sadly , certainly not as ICC , maybe everyone magically appears when I am not on lol.
Luth ships are fine as they are and they utilise their teamwork and tactics well but again this helps with numbers something you need on all sides to make this a fun challenge again.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-28 06:42   
Quote:

On 2009-10-27 17:13, Mersenne Twister wrote:
Typical answer coming from ICC players. If you say anything good about kluth anymore there just gonna get all whiny and denounce it as typical kluth propaganda.

Typical answer coming from Devs. If you say anything bad about ICC anymore they're just gonna get all whiny and dismiss it as typical ICC exaggeration.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-28 06:56   
We really like where K'luth are sitting at the moment - they're closer to being balanced than they have been for a very, very long time. Any changes we do make will be small tweaks, not game breaking mechanic changes to the way the faction works.

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-10-28 13:15   
Works for me As i said, i was just curious as to what everybody else thought.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023612 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR