No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More Bright Ideas (Or not so bright, you decide)
 Author More Bright Ideas (Or not so bright, you decide)
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-11 16:36   
So,

After my previous post about variations on cloak and the various responses indicating that giving anything to the Kluth would be a bad idea, I figure, lets pick on enhancements.

At the moment, we have a whole host of enhancement levels, all the way up to the funny blue coloured ones, but, correct me if Im wrong, there are no unique ones.

You could have all sorts of mischief with unique enhancements. Firstly, when you die, they should automatically be dropped. No retaining them in the garage, hence ensuring a nice spread.

Secondly, destroying ships with these enhancements should go toward a statistic. Just to add the "Hunted" factor into the game.

Right, onto the enhancement ideas. Obviously you could have the standard, super stat enchancements, maybe +20% to everything, etc. Faster moving projectiles, but in all fairness, these are all a bit boring.

How about something different. How about something like....

'The Hunter and the Hunted'
This enhancement increases the rate at which a player gains prestige. By how much, well thats upto the dev's to balance. Maybe throw in a few stat increases, maybe even a special one off ability. The downside however is that everyone is an enemy. You my friend are the hunter and the prey. You are Public Enemy Number 1.

'The Weeping Blade'
This enhancement would permanantly cause a target to lose armour points beyond the initial damage caused from the full alpha.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-11 16:40   
HOW TO IMPLEMENT ?

• This enhancement increases the rate at which a player gains prestige.
    Ok lets just look at ships dammage, in a cruiser.
    you shoot a particle cannon and all your rounds hit hull, you do 3200 damage.
    That damage amount * something = Ships dammage.
    enhancement increases the rate at which a player gains prestige.
    So you want more damage output of your weapons?
    but how about building? the longer you build a structure the more construction points you gain.
    Bombing?
    supplying?
    scout?
    jumping?
    even the reverse one's should they be affected?
    Friendly Fire?

• This enhancement would permanantly cause a target to lose armour points beyond the initial damage caused from the full alpha.
    Something like Acid burns?
    It sounds nice but how to add this. this means the target must have additional stat, multiplier, damage given, damage amplifier, or something alike.
    would a corvette that has a Pcannon have the same amount of acid propertie as a Dread ? i hope not so that has to be scaled accordingly to.
    Why don't we just give a weapon bonus?
    Or wait even better. A weapon that has a long weapons discharge time as long as target is in range??

Plz if you think of something, try to think of what is required of the game mechanics to make it work.
The more complex the more likely the idea gets shoved into the freezer.
Unless one of the dev's find its a so good idea he will concentrate all his work on it to make it work.

P.s. move to Beta forums. All of em!

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] *NCO* on 2009-11-11 16:55 ]

Page created in 0.003467 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR