No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +19.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Dark Space, my 2 cents.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Dark Space, my 2 cents.
Majii
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 11:58   
A long time ago, there was no MV. There was just the FA senarios. Back then there were just battles, and they were fun. I stopped playing for a long while. When I came back to visit, there was only the MV. FA was gone. I decided to check out the MV. It was dead. There were some players, but players I remembered enjoying having my rear handed to me by like KC were gone.

I cruised around for a few hours looking for a fight, but the map was so huge I couldn't find somewhere. I checked the forums. There were a TON of "quit nuking planets while no-one is there" posts.

Fast forward a couple years to today:

Same arguement. Senario is sorta back, appearently though I haven't bothered to play since well... The forums are full of the same arguements.

Take a look at who is saying "quit whining" in this thread. Grand Adrimals and the like. The guys on top already who appearently don't want change because why? Oh right, they're on top.

You'll probably ignore me since I was never one of the elite, but it's time to face the truth: This game hasn't changed much in years, despite all the balance and re-designs of planets, tech trees, ships...

Bugs cloaking, off-hour planet capping, and lack of players are still the top complaints. Perhaps it's time to talk about some kind of real change. I've waited for this game to get good. Really good because I see so much potential. That's why I keep coming back to check on it. Maybe next time I come back something will have happened to make me want to stay.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 12:13   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 07:33, Frisky Dingo wrote:

What would be the result of several BDs or EADs hitting you at once?

Same net result.

no, he would cloak, lauch and gently sail away.

even if a dictor jumped in aswell it wouldn't help

there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent a K'luth ship from getting away if he wants to.

but all it takes is a dictor to prevent a ICC or UGTO ship from doing it.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-12 12:21   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 12:13, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

no, he would cloak, lauch and gently sail away.

even if a dictor jumped in aswell it wouldn't help

there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent a K'luth ship from getting away if he wants to.

The dictor is just 1 half of the equation. Put a scout in there firing beacons, and then what do you have? He will insta decloak. Sure he can cloak again, but it takes longer than just normal cloak time to do so. Time the beacons just right and can extend that cloak time for nearly a full minute. Especially on a Krill. Adding eccm, sensors, etc only increases that time.

No dictor he will just jump out.

Have a dictor without a scout or some beacon spitter, then he just cloaks and sails away.

Have a dictor and a scout, he has less than a 10% chance of making it out even if you only have idiots on your side.

Not to mention, even if he does make it out, he's now a wary predator...off licking his wounds...scowling at the scouts and dictor because he can't dictate the battle LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES NOWDAYS.

So then you have given yourself AT MINIMUM some operating room.
He wont be so fast to jump back in at you.

But, as all things, it takes a leader commanding a few players willing to play their role.

So everyone is right, yet everyone is wrong.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-11-12 12:30   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 00:30, doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) wrote:
look at it this way. Atleast in the future once 1.53 comes out kluth will be back to useless ness. And ICC will become the new overpowered faction. And Ugto doesnt go anywhere.

So according to your argument, it's okay to be over powered so long as it's you and not your opponent? gotta love the intelligence being spewed.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-12 12:50   
what ever i play and have fun even in the face fo certan defeat

all im saying is that its way easier for kluth to cap planets than icc or ugto... if you dont think so then your either nieve or a kluth trying to protect your preciouse secrets..

wish i had conqured the mv as a kluth befor i fleeted... that would have proven the point.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-12 13:05   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 11:58, Majii wrote:
Bugs cloaking, off-hour planet capping, and lack of players are still the top complaints. Perhaps it's time to talk about some kind of real change.

If you want real change play scenario, and I say that in a friendly way. Yes, currently some of the maps are bugged since they're old maps fitted into the new version, shipyards are a real pain with the new planet resource limits and lack of terran planets, but new maps are in the works.

I mostly play scenario and only go to MV when I need a break, if it's the Epsilon Eri bugged map and nobody wants to skip it, it's the Sol map (I don't like that map) etc.

I wonder if people insist on playing in the MV because they can jump right into their big ships, and they have a lot of nice enhancements? I do, but I still prefer scenario gameplay.

Come play scenario, give the MV a rest, and the game will be fun again.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 13:06   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 12:50, FaTaL Defiance wrote:
what ever i play and have fun even in the face fo certan defeat

all im saying is that its way easier for kluth to cap planets than icc or ugto... if you dont think so then your either nieve or a kluth trying to protect your preciouse secrets..

wish i had conqured the mv as a kluth befor i fleeted... that would have proven the point.

You wouldn't be the first, people have done this on all 3 factions.

Email Sens [R33]
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 15:14   
It's funny, all players that are saying that kluth are balanced and that the problem lays in the teamwork are kluth players.

Just a simple fact, in order to kill a kluth ship you need 3 things according to the kluth players. A scout (for beacons and ECCM) a dictor (to prevent them from jumping away) and off course a ship that can diss out enough damage.

kluth only need 2, a dictor an a ship that does enough damage.

So that means that at 2 vs 2 human players will not be able to ever kill a kluthie (unless they make some serious errors)

at 3 v 3 things are about the same
scout, dictor and dread are no match for 2 kluthie dreads and a dictor.

when we are at 6 v 6 the extra armor on the human ships starts to compensate for the lesser firepower caused by having 1 less combatship.

At very high numbers ICC and UGTO start to get the upper hand in combat.
But at those numbers it is very hard to get the proper teamwork going.

These numbers do not take in account the fact that the kluth do surprise attacks. (If the first volley takes out scout then you are still unable to do something.)

Also the crap that you can beacon a cloaked kluth ship. I tried it several times. It is extremely hard to hit a moving kluth ship with a beacon. They are to slow and you only have a very short time that you see where your target is and NO Idea what its heading is (unless it cloacked very recently).
I think this can be used on stations but everyting else will require a LOT of skill and luck.

Email Flyer
Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-11-12 15:36   
"It's funny, all players that are saying that kluth are balanced and that the problem lays in the teamwork are kluth players"

I am not a "Kluth Player" but I have played Kluth finally.

In just under 5 years I spent about 4 months flying Kluth.

Now that I'm back to fighting them, the only change I ask for is to go back to being able to add beacons to ships other than scouts.

It makes no sense that ships laden with ecm, eccm, scanners, etc can't figure out how to create beacons. That this is exclusive to scouts is just one example of overtooling the game.

But to the comment at top:
Teamwork is what is required to beat certain challenges. Different strategies than simply mashing the space bar over and over are required to solve problems.

Adapt. (bring back beacons for other ships)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 21:45   
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 12:30, Hell Bender wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-12 00:30, doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) wrote:
look at it this way. Atleast in the future once 1.53 comes out kluth will be back to useless ness. And ICC will become the new overpowered faction. And Ugto doesnt go anywhere.

So according to your argument, it's okay to be over powered so long as it's you and not your opponent? gotta love the intelligence being spewed.

never said it was ok to be overpowered. Its just how ds works. Devs thinks its perfictally balanced, and it will stay for quite some time, untill one side gets fed up and starts joining the other side or leaving.

[ This Message was edited by: doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) on 2009-11-12 21:47 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.019830 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR