No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Monthly Fleet Officer Meeting 12/27/09
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Monthly Fleet Officer Meeting 12/27/09
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-11-24 22:02   
The Space Warriors would like to put forth a motion: We hereby request all players of all factions to provide us with more LULZ. That is all.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-25 09:03   
Ok i have an idea id like to run past you guys. Now im looking at this as just an unofficial trial run we the players can try just to see how it goes and maybe create some more balanced pvp.

The fleet ranking to me is a bit silly it only shows who has the most subbed players not the most active or most successful so my idea is this.

We the players can organise say weekly event maybe 3 on 3 battles fleet based or maybe a ladder event type thing but with every fight u win the points go towards your fleet, this would give a better picture of who is the top fleet regardless of the numbers of the fleet. we could havea timetable in place so say week one dessi battles week 2 cruisers and so on.

if any of the devs or admin would like to step in and set something up even better but as i said this is something we the players could do just for ourselfs. so please dont reply to this with questions to the dev team asking for arena's etc, but i would like to hear whats you think, is it a good idea whats way you think it should work, will you be willing to help out judge and keep scores stuff like that.

i do have a load of other thoughts on this but id like your input before i start trying to put it together.

btw i post this here as i think this would be a good thing to discuss at the next meeting

cheers

[ This Message was edited by: *Steveyk* on 2009-11-25 09:05 ]

Email Steveyk
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-25 09:31   
The old Fleet Wars server had a ladder that would keep tally of who won/lost. Dont remember how it worked exactly tho.

I'm all for this idea. I like it a lot. We'd have to set up a where/when, as we do not have a fleet wars server anymore (unless DS could help with that...).
But I dont think it would be that hard to do.

We could also use the XFire event calander to announce it as a weekly event, with whatever details we need to add.

I like. Let's develop this one a little more.....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-25 09:51   
Quote:

On 2009-11-25 09:03, *Steveyk* wrote:
Ok i have an idea id like to run past you guys. Now im looking at this as just an unofficial trial run we the players can try just to see how it goes and maybe create some more balanced pvp.

The fleet ranking to me is a bit silly it only shows who has the most subbed players not the most active or most successful so my idea is this.

We the players can organise say weekly event maybe 3 on 3 battles fleet based or maybe a ladder event type thing but with every fight u win the points go towards your fleet, this would give a better picture of who is the top fleet regardless of the numbers of the fleet. we could havea timetable in place so say week one dessi battles week 2 cruisers and so on.

if any of the devs or admin would like to step in and set something up even better but as i said this is something we the players could do just for ourselfs. so please dont reply to this with questions to the dev team asking for arena's etc, but i would like to hear whats you think, is it a good idea whats way you think it should work, will you be willing to help out judge and keep scores stuff like that.

i do have a load of other thoughts on this but id like your input before i start trying to put it together.

btw i post this here as i think this would be a good thing to discuss at the next meeting

cheers

[ This Message was edited by: *Steveyk* on 2009-11-25 09:05 ]

We could make a map preset for this; you guys would have to schedule times for us to run it though. Fleet rankings we can add to site if you guys do the calculations. Just give specifications.

Email Sens [R33]
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-25 10:42   
Yes i love the idea , be excellent.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-25 17:55   
about the fleet wars thing...

keep in mind that a kluth ship far and away outclasses a ship of simular class of the icc...

just a reminder. whats your guys thoughts on this

AND PLEASE DONT TRY TO TELL ME IM WRONG!!!!>. i know better.

me and commander used two kluth nyph friggies to beat an dread.. without any effort.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-25 18:26   
Quote:

On 2009-11-25 17:55, FaTaL Defiance wrote:

keep in mind that a kluth ship far and away outclasses a ship of simular class of the icc...

just a reminder. whats your guys thoughts on this

me and commander used two kluth nyph friggies to beat an dread.. without any effort.

was he afk?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-25 19:13   
no
it was a ugto player in a carrier dread.. i know its just a carrior dread.. but still

i do love the idea of some fleet wars tho! sonds fun... but to have the fleet rankings determinate by the winners... seems a little shoddy. Kluth ships def have the advantage .. or had the advantage in one vs one.

the rules of combat have changed tho.. with our better shields perhaps this is no longer the case.
[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-11-25 19:18 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-25 19:52   
smaller ships generaly have an easier time dodging/killing larger ones.

Email Sens [R33]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-26 19:12   
Quote:

On 2009-11-25 17:55, FaTaL Defiance wrote:

You are wrong. I wont try, I WILL tell you why....

Quote:

The CD wasnt playing smart for one.
The Nymph is the best ship K'Luth has until you get a dread hands down.
But to say that all K'Luth ships outclass every equivalent ICC ship is not true.

The higher you climb the hull classes, the better the ICC is compared to the K'Luth. They aren't as strong as the K'Luth in scouts, transports, supply or frigate. The combat dessie is equal to the Claw though, and if in the right hands it's actually better. I give you Padma as exhibit A.
The K'Luth cruisers are really not all that good because of a few reasons. The ICC Cruisers outclass the K'Luth cruisers. The AC and the HC beat the Parasite and Scale.
The dreads continue to spread the difference, or at least they used to. Now I am not so sure. At best, with all the newer tweaks I would suspect they are at least even, and probably have the edge in a straight up fight.

Don't get me started on the stations. Besides the fact that the K'Luth shouldn't even get a station imho, they are paper crap thin armored anyways, and if you cant kill one in a straight up station fight you just suck.

All that of course varies by the way that a player enhances and mods his ship. Equally it matters how they use that ship.

In the case of your CD, a veteran realizes pretty quick that at best he is going to get a draw in that situation. The smaller ships pack a nice nit picking punch with the couple cannons and the 8 torps between them, and can hit from farther than HCL range with them. The small ship class offers the Nymph a good manuverability with a fast cloak/uncloak. The two can just keep turning the him back and forth until he's got a nice red plate, and he never really gets a good shot in on the aggressors.

This scenario is pointless to play out and a veteran will just hop away. It's a waste of his time. Realistically, the Nymph pilots will only cause him some damage, and he will get little if anything from the fight unless the Nymph pilots screw up.

So, it's not so much that the Nymph is uber, as much as it still always comes back to paper/rock/scissors.

Now. As far as an event like what has been described, we would assign certain points to hull classes, and then allow so many points per fleet per round. This is how we did it before, and it actually worked quite well.

Also, if we took a tournament from scouts to dread, each faction would have a chance to play through it's strong class.

So it's all in how we decide to ladder it.

And that can change week to week or however we do it.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-26 20:38   
Thank u Az you made some good points.

I am willing and do want to have these fleet wars.. i think it would be a much better way at ranking our fleets.

This is just one of those things were just gonna have to try and see. too many varibles to just say its fair or not fair.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-11-26 22:48   
Damnit, why did everyone skip over my Queen lyrics..

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-27 21:11   
Ok. I was hashing out some thoughts on the fleet wars idea.

Some of these are the old rules as I remember them. Some are added by experience. All are just proposed for consideration.

• Ship classes are broken down as follows:
    1pt Scout
    2 pts Frigate
    3 pts Destroyer
    4 pts Cruiser
    5 pts Dread

• Supplies and engineers do not count towards the total, but there must be an equal number of these "support ships" for each side.
  • Fleets are assembled using the value assigned the class of each ship, with all ships totaled together not to exceed 18 pts.
  • Only 2 dreads are allowed per fleet.
  • Modding of any legal gadgets are allowed.
  • Ships may not begin with enhancements but may use any rewarded during the battle.
  • Capturing is allowed.
  • Platforms are allowed.
  • Jumping is allowed within the arena.
  • Interdictors are allowed but count towards total ship count as a 4 pt. Cruiser.
  • Death = out of the match.
  • Fleets win based on the total of all remaining valid ship values added together. The team with the highest points remaining wins the match.
  • Matches last 15 mins. There are 5 minute intervals in between each match to allow for teams to assemble.
  • Matches will start on time. Once the match starts, no entries are allowed.
  • Fleets may agree to reschedule a match for a better time, but the request must be sent by fleet officers from both fleets to an event organizer no less than 1 hour prior to the match.
  • Any team not present when time starts is considered as forfeiting their match and it is considered a loss.
  • Spectators should use observe, unless we have a moderator present.

A few variations on theme:
1. We could also do a total time limit match, where fleets get X amount of time to kill/be killed. Most kills in the end wins.
2. Play to X# of total kills.
3. Grudge matches of 5 mins.
4. Duels.
5. there would be the possibility of up to 6 fleet free for alls.... Free for all. Think about it. Free....for all.....

As far as how to keep stats, I'd like to see it keep weekly and history stats. I'd also like to see total deaths/total kills. Maybe we could do it for individuals as well. It wouldn't be THAT hard to do, just jot down so and so was killed by so and so.

Another thing I'd like to suggest. Open this up for XFire fleets like QS. The stats arent official, or at least I am not thinking they would be. This would allow an extra portion of the player base to be involved, and be even more incentive to get the rest of the players to look at the idea of joining even an unofficial fleet.

It's a fleet based game, lets get the players looking more at fleets then.

Anyways the meeting is tomorrow, I wanted to drop these ideas out there for a look see before hand.

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-28 07:11   
Ok when i made this post i really hoped more people would show some intrest we have alot of players who have been here many many years and have seen it all come and go, where are you guys?

Az again all good stuff this is what id expect from you and the rest of the vets but sadly seems you are doing all the running here.

If everyone is happy with how things are now the way the fleet rankings are the way battles are fought then say so people. or if you dont think this idea we have will work say it but state why or how you think it should work dont sit back wait for it to happen then say i knew this wouldnt work it never did before etc etc.

today when we have this meeting may i ask that you Az set the pace go though the list of topics from the top down work through as many as you can give everyone a chance to give their input on it see if we can come to some sort of conclusion then move on.

cheers

Email Steveyk
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-28 10:27   
Just wanted to say sorry i dont think i will be able to attend today its panto season and i have to take my daughetr to see Aladin tonight happy happy joy joy lol.

anyways hope it goes well

Email Steveyk
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.207394 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR