No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event Plan] Fleet War Bracket Tournament
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [Event Plan] Fleet War Bracket Tournament
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-29 08:24   
Stevey and I met yesterday, and after hashing out a few other ideas decided this should be put forth as an event.

The Event Concept
In order to bring back the fleet wars, we felt that the best way to set up the beginning ladder is to have a bracketed tournament. Fleets that register will be put in a bracket to fight other fleets, with the winners taking the top rungs and the losers getting the bottom.

After that we will run a weekly event that will allow fleets to challenge those on a higher rung.

We haven't talked with staff yet as far as what can be done for rewards. We are thinking that we would like the bracketed tournament to be one with a cool special reward, which we already have in mind. We also have minor prize ideas for weekly winners as well.

One of the things that we hope will keep it interesting is the stats. We are going to try to keep some pretty detailed stats on the fleet wars, both for the fleet and individual. Stats such as weekly and lifetime kills, battles fought, battles won, etc.

The Rules

• Ship hull class values are broken down as follows:
    1pt Scout
    2 pts Frigate
    3 pts Destroyer
    4 pts Cruiser
    5 pts Dread

• Supplies and engineers do not count towards the total, but there must be an equal number of these "support ships" for each side.
  • Fleets are assembled using the value assigned the class of each ship, with all ships totaled together not to exceed 18 pts.
  • Only 2 dreads are allowed per fleet.
  • Modding of any legal gadgets are allowed.
  • Ships may not begin with enhancements but may use any rewarded during the battle.
  • Capturing is allowed.
  • Platforms are allowed.
  • Jumping is allowed within the arena.
  • Interdictors are allowed but count towards total ship count as a 4 pt. Cruiser.
  • Death = out of the match. If your team wins, you still recieve any reward.
  • Fleets win based on the total of all remaining valid ship values added together. The team with the highest points remaining wins the match.
  • Matches last 15 mins. There are 5 minute intervals in between each match to allow for teams to assemble.
  • Matches will start on time. Once the match starts, no entries are allowed.
  • Fleets may agree to reschedule a match for a better time, but the request must be sent by fleet officers from both fleets to an event organizer no less than 1 hour prior to the match.
  • Rescheduled matches must be made up within a 24 hour period.
  • Any team not present when time starts is considered as forfeiting their match and it is considered a loss.
  • All gadgets must be off, platforms can not be started, and no fighting may begin until the match begins
  • After the match is over, all gadgets must be turned off and all fighting must stop when ordered.
  • Spectators should use observe, unless we have a moderator present.

Feedback Needed
Once we get the details for a server laid out, and the rules finalized, we'll post a date for the event.

Please, give us feedback and ideas on how to improve the event.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-01 06:30 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-29 09:43   
Just a note, the staff will not be handing out enhancements to every winner on a team; perhaps an MVP, but the distribution of enhancement is to be controlled.

Email Sens [R33]
weeman392
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-29 11:36   
sounds cool for me count me in

Email weeman392
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-29 12:51   
This is a good idea: But I got Questions.

Question 1: Do you have to be an already authorised member of a fleet to join in on this event, eg. [=Wolf=] and someone joins wolf while the Event is going on?

Question 2: Could you create a fleet while the Event is going on then join the event? (If this was covered then im sorry cuz i read this through pretty quickly)

Question 3: Could I be one of the Event Officials xD if this plan actually goes through?! (Im serious!)

Conclusion: Apart from those 3 questions this seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand, except I dont wanna join a fleet to play in the event, Apart from that extra bit its a great idea!

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-29 14:39   
Awesome, count me in... If you need any help in planning, or anything don't hesitate to PM me...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-29 15:39   
Im sure F.... er......

IM in!!!!! i love the idea!!!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-29 17:02   
Quote:

On 2009-11-29 12:51, Dark Valkaryie (ShadowVengence) wrote:
This is a good idea: But I got Questions.

Question 1: Do you have to be an already authorised member of a fleet to join in on this event, eg. [=Wolf=] and someone joins wolf while the Event is going on?

While it is kinda cheap to do so, there is really nothing that could be done to prevent it. The player is subed so he is allowed to do so if the fleet allows him to join. So not much we can do about it. It cann't be enforced, so I can't effectively rule it illegal.

Quote:

Question 2: Could you create a fleet while the Event is going on then join the event? (If this was covered then im sorry cuz i read this through pretty quickly)

Well, I have thought about this, and I am not sure how this will work. I want to see some way for fleets like QS to join in, but then we have to ask DS to setup structure for a "fleet" that they do not recognize in any other way.
The stats will be autologged, if I am understanding what Sense is telling me.

I leave it up to DS to say whether that is a possibility. I can't answer. I would like to see them be eligable, but if they aren't I would understand.

If they are not eligable, then the rule in the all cases would be that you would have to have an officially recognized DS fleet.

Not to fear, we have plenty of events up our sleeve that will involve ALL players, fleeted or not. THIS event is straight up a fleet war.

Quote:

Question 3: Could I be one of the Event Officials xD if this plan actually goes through?! (Im serious!)

The plan will go through. Whether or not it continues will depend upon player participation.
If you would like to volunteer, that's fine. Let us get closer to a finalized event. We will be needing "referees" to help with matches, especially those at "odd" hours. We might be ok for the bracket event, but I know we will need help covering the weekly events afterwards.

Quote:

Conclusion: Apart from those 3 questions this seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand, except I dont wanna join a fleet to play in the event, Apart from that extra bit its a great idea!

I understand your feelings in regards to having to join a fleet.
Unfortunately, as the staff will hammer home again and again, DS is meant to be a fleet game. Ships are based on the concept of fleets. Planet defenses, ai levels, everything is based on operating as a fleet.

We are going to promote that concept as much as we can. If that is the way the game is supposed to balance out, then we should do everything to promote that type of play, imho.

As I said, we are going to do other events which unfleeted people may participate in. If the Fleet Wars aren't for you, just wait and see what we have planned next.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 06:30   
Shameless bumpage.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-01 07:03   
what???

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-12-01 07:49   
Count me in nice idea allround.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-12-01 10:22   
It would be cool and a jesture of good faith for the staff to participate.

Will the staff commit to:
1) participating in the event as a participent?
2) enjoy a combat scenario w/ staff vs. playerbase?
3) having resources (that means ships, info, comms, enhancements, tweeks, etc....) restricted to standards/rules of the event
4) all participating staff resources turned OFF.... (no peeking at stuff)

You all know that we enjoy shooting the mods/devs/admin's, lol... ...having a few staff peep's in the event on even terms would be interesting. Excellent opportunity to take screenies, lol.

[ This Message was edited by: LAG on 2009-12-01 10:22 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-01 11:15   
Are we allowed 18 Scouts if we have enough players in the fraction?

69'ing it.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2009-12-01 11:16 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 13:19   
if u have 18 people in your fleet that want to ride scouts, sure.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-02 05:14   
great idea. . just need it to happen

Trevize {the old one}
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-02 06:22   
When ? ^^

Goto the website of Trevize {the old one}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029234 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR