Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » TESTING
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author TESTING
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-03 06:25   
Quote:

It's a game, remember?

Very much so, though the shield increase upset a few people throwing their toys out of the pram, PB were happy as our fighting style which im sure is very much the same as Wolf or any other Kluth who work in teams, Necrotic and myself had little problems killing them the other day so 15% 20% or 25% we will just keep killing them, we just adapt to survive.
But we welcome any balance to improve the stablility of the game to help it move forward.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-03 06:30   
seriously, enough of this already. Azreal

ok... so every other kluth ive talked to thus far thinks were finaly a good match for them exept a select few and the mods whom dont even play the game.

Combat dread vs a Mandible now is a good verry fun fight.. not a murderfest for icc.

if anything i think our weapons are a tad too strong right now as observed in the findings of Ants.

our sheilds are not the issue.

I do trust the developers... but they said no one tested the 25% well enuff befor putting it in the game.

so im just trying to do my part now.

and if you think im single minded and just want to beef up icc, then u have not read all my post.

Im also against the missle SD when u guys cloak, IM for you guys being undetectable untill within 800GU.

I dont mind the Krill, i think its a fun challange.

and i also believe UGTO need our Pulse beams to help counter our missles.

your mistaking my rant for single minded CRYING.

Let me also say that i have nothing but the up most respect for you Azreal

[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-12-03 06:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-12-03 09:56 ]

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 11:56   
The fact of the matter is icc shield buffs were too much. They were never meant to be. Live with it. Move on. ICC is a defensive faction and strong in numbers, to be able to 1 vs 1 a mandible in a CD is sad all in on its own, so the other factions are well within their right to raise their points.

ICC were powerful even before the buff. You youself just mentioned the weapon damage. However thats an issue that would probably need more testing.

Not to mention the MD is just a mega-death to all non-ICC alike. Just be happy that they dont nerf that for its obvious abuse of arc bugs or the ability to kill a station in less than a minute when properly upgraded while taking no damage.

I left ICC for this very reason. Too overpowered. We took all of sag BEFORE the changes happened.

The defense upgrades (now with shields) alone made up for ICC's shortcomings. Not to mention the numbers. I've had plenty of chance to test out both other factions and the 25% added to ICC was too much (especially if you account all the potential defense upgrades).

=====

However, back to the matter at hand, it would be nice to have uncappable/unbombable/full-SY planets in Beta, 1 for each faction. As we may want to test something or see something but if there are no planets then how do you expect us to do that?
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-03 12:08 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-03 12:09 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:09   
I didnt so much mean 1 person, as much as the never ending tears that drench the forums nowdays on ALL sides.

Everyone have patience.

Voice opinions, suggest changes, but give things time to work out.

I personally think there isnt anything wrong with the shields as they are atm. They dont seem to be being changed due to too much power as much as becuse of that power specifically mitigating the primary strike weapons of one faction.

And still, we could have done fine with it as it is.

I can understand the impatience to a point. But to anyone here more than a year you should be leaping for joy that ANYTHING is being done, and being more civil in suggesting changings, then what I see now.

When I look at the forums through the eyes of a staff member, sometimes I dont know how we keep voluteers or how they dont go postal with the ban cannon.

I guess that is my point overall. So dont take it personal. I guess yours was the straw at 4 am, but it was just the last added to a big pile.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:12   

let me break this shista down....

(ICC is a defensive faction)

ive been saying this all along.

(to be able to 1 vs 1 a mandible in a CD is sad all in on its own)

but an UGTO is far and away untouchable by a mandi.... THATS OK IS IT???

(Not to mention the MD is just a mega-death to all non-ICC alike)

and yet no one ever even tries to attack them... if i were the other factions i would give the MD the same treatment they give hated indictos, KILL on SIGHT at all COST!!! and what ever.. take it missles out of the game and extend the range of ar.. im fine with that.

(I left ICC for this very reason. Too overpowered. We took all of sag BEFORE the changes happened. ****Before****. Note how I said before, right? You did note that I said before? )

IVe been playing for about 3 months now.. and the only time weve taken sag in that time was the night of the 25%patch... ME and STARCOMMANDER Spearheaded this attack and took it all the way to SAG HOTHA.

(The defense upgrades alone made up for ICC's shortcomings)

Us new players have no more access to these "defence upgrades"
so im doomed to obscurity forever???

andyone who read this post in its entirety would know im not for making icc GODS like they once were.

pleas read the entire forum befor you continue...

the only thing i said this entire time about the freaking shields!!! at all !!!! is and i quote

implementing the 15% sheilds without some hard data is gonna ruffle some feathers.

and u dont think it will??

im not even saying its a @#$# bad thing guys!!!!

everyones poor attitude twords this topic/// wich by the way is the shortcomings of beta... not freaking ICC shields>>>>

IS REALLY REALLY STARTING TO PSSS ME OFF!!!

now fne grow up!!!...

IF u have something to contribute to the disscussion of betta testing as it is now.. then pls post...

if not take it up int a small test of ICC shields... or ICC/Kluth posts..

[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-12-03 12:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-12-03 12:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FTL Defiance on 2009-12-03 13:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FTL Defiance on 2009-12-03 13:47 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:30   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 12:09, Azreal wrote:
I didnt so much mean 1 person, as much as the never ending tears that drench the forums nowdays on ALL sides.

Everyone have patience.

Voice opinions, suggest changes, but give things time to work out.

I personally think there isnt anything wrong with the shields as they are atm. They dont seem to be being changed due to too much power as much as becuse of that power specifically mitigating the primary strike weapons of one faction.

And still, we could have done fine with it as it is.

I can understand the impatience to a point. But to anyone here more than a year you should be leaping for joy that ANYTHING is being done, and being more civil in suggesting changings, then what I see now.

When I look at the forums through the eyes of a staff member, sometimes I dont know how we keep voluteers or how they dont go postal with the ban cannon.

I guess that is my point overall. So dont take it personal. I guess yours was the straw at 4 am, but it was just the last added to a big pile.

thanks man..

i hope u do see i am tyring to be objective.

i hope you all see that...

i have to admit that at first whim i was really really mad... but i cought my sences after that.

i dont thing the def upgrade has made us too strong... but the reductiong of 10 will be barly noticed... either way..

im mearly trying to suggest other options... that may or may not ballance out the game that much more...

kefka mada verry good point about the MD. and the IT missles....

CAN we just CAN IT missles guys??? and extend the range of AR?

that in itself would do away with arc bug.

[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Defiance on 2009-12-03 12:30 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:39   
[quote]
On 2009-12-03 06:30, FaTaL Defiance wrote:
seriously, enough of this already. Azreal
[quote]

Quote:

Combat dread vs a Mandible now is a good verry fun fight.. not a murderfest for icc. if anything i think our weapons are a tad too strong right now as observed in the findings of Ants.

So instead of nerfing our already weak rails and torps and IC, lets reduce our shields to make the balance of ship to ship. That is fair.

Quote:

our sheilds are not the issue. I do trust the developers... but they said no one tested the 25% well enuff befor putting it in the game.

so im just trying to do my part now.

They must be, and we did know that there would be adjustments after the fact. Again if we don’t test beta, the live testing is how the devs will figure this out.

Quote:

and i also believe UGTO need our Pulse beams to help counter our missles.

What? No Pulse beams are ICC . But UGTO have Flux beams and they are very nice damaging beams. If anything I say there should be another class of CL that are a bit faster at firing and recharge, but do alot less damage. Pulse beams should still be faster.

Quote:

Let me also say that i have nothing but the up most respect for you Azreal

Always happy to fly with or against Azreal

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants *XO* on 2009-12-03 12:43 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:46   
What? No Pulse wave might need to be looked at. But the Flux wave is there special weapon that is AWSOME...

no no ants... give em our pulse beams... am i calling it the wrong thing??

the quick firing lasers.

were the missle faction and we have both the best anti missle gadgets..

seems a little wierd to me

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 14:27   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 12:46, FTL Defiance wrote:
What? No Pulse wave might need to be looked at. But the Flux wave is there special weapon that is AWSOME...

no no ants... give em our pulse beams... am i calling it the wrong thing??

the quick firing lasers.

were the missle faction and we have both the best anti missle gadgets..

seems a little wierd to me

Man that was a fast response, I corrected the wave with beams like 10 seconds after posting.

And again you are not looking at UGTO as how they should play. Yes alot of the time a MD is pulled out, the MDs target will get ripped apart. UGTO just has to jump the MD and problem is solved. also UGTO have different types of armour to defend against different weapons they just need to install ablative armour and that should hold them off long enough to take out a MD or 2.

ICC has the BEST defences all round. That’s why we have defensive weapons

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants *XO* on 2009-12-03 14:35 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 14:41   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 11:56, Kefka Palazzo wrote:
ICC were powerful even before the buff. You youself just mentioned the weapon damage. However thats an issue that would probably need more testing.

I left ICC for this very reason. Too overpowered. We took all of sag BEFORE the changes happened.

There weapons were not over powered.
The issue is the balanceing of the shields. ICC could last longer they should be able to so they were able to take more alphas. the 15% shields should make it more even on the shield to weapon balance.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017220 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR