- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New Ship: Supply Dread- Yes or No and Why?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New Ship: Supply Dread- Yes or No and Why?
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 16:11   
Ok i've been thinking about this for a while now (So have many other people). How about a Supply Dread.

Supply Dread Systems
-4 Armour Rings
-4 IE Drives
-5 Sup Bays

Supply Dread Weps
-6 Lasers
-5 Pcannons/Railguns

- 1 reason why I havnt put in the Luth bits is because you already got 3 Different Sup ships. Not trying to Dis or offend luth or keep going on about the fact that Luth is overpowered. Its just cuz you already have 3 Sup ships: Worker, Advanced Worker, Ultimate Worker.

Please tell me your Ideas and thoughts. And why!

-Dark Valkaryie (ShadowVengence)

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 16:49   
Yes, and why. because some people just like to supply but can't fly stations and I think this as field supply unit would be cool.

Maybe not as big as a dread but something that can take a little more of a beating then the current sups which boom with one good hit.

[ This Message was edited by: --Daedalus-- on 2009-12-09 03:41 ]

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:27   
Just wondering here but as i understand it ur saying that your dread should be able to gain more than double amount of slurpy prez than the kluth. This could be the worst one sided idea i may have heard this yr.

Another thing lets say you have three of these betties out slurpying an EAD or BD or Station wth are we sposed to do against such an obviously op design in ships, oh wait let me guess kluth are just that OP that we can take down a station with 17 slurpies on it. Dont get me wrong personally i think all factions should get a slurpy dread but most definetly not 5 slurpy bayz, perhaps 1 or 2 tops.

As a luthonian its obvious im eyeballing the ganglia as it should be the ganglia and not a MD. As for the humans slap em on ur command dreads. After all a jack of all trades they are not at the moment.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:35   
Five resupply drones? That highly exuberent amount will make it nearly impossible to kill anything that it's repairing.

Also, if you want to fly resupply....you know theirs small, nimble repair ships, right? [i]Right?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-08 17:27, ThuggieGenuineDraft wrote:

slurpy
slurpies
slurpy

also, never gis slurpy with safe search off...

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-12-08 17:38 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:42   
No. Don't you remember the invincible Uggy supply? We do not need that with more firepower.

Plus, hull size is a balancer. Supplies are a big deal and can greatly bolster a fleet; as a tradeoff, they have a more vulnerable hull. Deal with it.

Email Shigernafy
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-08 18:09   
i like the idea of a supply dreddy but theses a few things that would need to be taken care of

-something would need to be done for the luthies cause otherwise ugto/icc would have an atvantage

-if ur worried that teh ship wold be too hard to kill then give it minimal armor, so that its not used in the thick of battle. make it more for fixing ships after they jump away from the battle, and leave the in battle reparing to the smaller supplies that can hide under the stations they;re repairing. make it so that a cruiser could easily defete it or something.

any other problems?

also what rank would this be for? 1A and give the unsubs a taste of a dreddy without having them powerfull so that dreddys arnt flown by everyone unsubed?
[ This Message was edited by: spacegatekid08 on 2009-12-08 18:12 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-12-08 19:38   
if there would be something as a supply dread, i cant see it having more then 3 supply drones, but most likely just 1 or 2. Otherwise it would be OP indeed.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-12-08 19:38   
No?
Double no?
Frak no?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-08 19:52   
one of the dumbest idea's i heard inawhile

Email Borgie
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 20:17   
Really??? Are you really asking that?????

NO

Why?: it's a bad idea... Putting reloads on a dreadnought would be a major bad idea as explained by everyone who posted above me...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 20:38   
While we're at it, lets make a Transport dread with 20 inf slots.

Or an interdictor dread with infinte energy.

That way we never have to rely on another class of ship ever again.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 20:45   
Not a supp dread, that would be too much. A supply Cruiser would be better. 3 drones 1500 reloads on them (maybe 2000 reloads). Any fewer drones and it wouldn't be any better then the small supp ships now. Hulls for the 3 sides, Guppy hull for ICC, UGTO Missile cruiser type hull?, and the scale (all the Kluth cruisers look the same to me dunno if theirs any difference) cloak is a given for the Kluth ships. This would be easy to implement since you wouldn't need to add any new models to the game (although it would be nice to see something new). Rank should be 2nd RA or 1st RA, Gold supp badge required. This ship would be a good Bridger between the small supp ships of the low ranks and the Supply station of the high ranks.

Weapons would be 8 railguns/pcannons/psi set up so that there are 2 firing on fore/left, fore/right, right/aft, left/aft. Bringing only 4 normal type guns on any facing, this is minimal defense for a ship of a cruiser class type. 4-6 beams would work for a minimal PD system again 1 firing on each facing and 2 on a 360 point. Armor would be less then ships of its class, for ICC 1 armor plate that covers all sides and then the 4 shields, for UGTO 2 armor plates for every facing (I think its 3 for cruisers normally) this would also apply to Kltuh. Sensors 1-2 slots default scanners, Kluth ship 3 or 4 ECM slots (since this would keep with the normal using of supp ships to ECM bomb with for Kltuh). Cargo 5 slots. This still is an easy to kill ship with minimal firepower but it's a bigger ship so its not a one shot pop 4 pres kill for a Krill/EAD/AD.

A supply Dessy would be the other idea but since a supply ship is somewhere between a dessy and a frigate a cruiser class hull would be an upgrade.

There is my idea now have at it. Also 3 reloads dose diddly squat in the middle of battle if you keep firing at the target. A supply station if under sustained fire (from like UGTO fighters if its ICC) will die because it cant resupp itself fast enough (even with otehr supps). A UGTO supp station still dies again if from under sustained fire from ICC ships, like 3-4 combat dreads will bring down a single UGTO supply station even if its supping itself. In real combat 2 or 3 reloads really isn't gonna matter if your enemy if focus firing. Best case if there doing that is to just jump out or move to be behind someone else and let the supply ships heal you while you continue to fighter spam. UGTO is the best at doing this and I have seen some great combat tactics used by them.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 20:46   
slurp

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 20:55   
perhaps the cmd dreadS with 1* supply slot?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028213 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR