- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More specific information on systems and weapons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author More specific information on systems and weapons
dkt0404
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 01:43   
It would be nice to get some more specific information on what the differences are on the different weapons and systems.

Example:
Psi Cannons vs Plasma Cannons.

Now nobody has ever given me damage numbers but I was told that the Psi cannons damage drops off with range and has no splash damage.
The Plasma Cannons have no damage fall off with range and do a tiny bit of splash damage.

I haven't a clue which does more damage, or what damage type they are or which is better vs what. Don't even have a clear idea of the max range of each.

A list somewhere of basic information like this would be really really useful.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:27   
Look what I found by doing a 2 second search into the Tactics & New Players forum.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:29   
i agree i get sick and tired of trying to manualy answer noobie questions of how far does this shoot how far does that shoot whats the difference between the 2 weapons. it would be really nice for a list at the very least the range and damage of each weapon (cool down and stuff like that would be nice as well)

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:29   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 03:29, jackbob wrote:
i agree i get sick and tired of trying to manualy answer noobie questions of how far does this shoot how far does that shoot whats the difference between the 2 weapons. it would be really nice for a list at the very least the range and damage of each weapon (cool down and stuff like that would be nice as well)

wops your fast

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:31   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 03:27, Azreal wrote:
Look what I found by doing a 2 second search into the Tactics & New Players forum.

hey it doesn't till you how much damage it does or the range WOPS

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:33   

Well, thats what we have......

Damage will vary by ship and enhancement levels. Distance and cooldown are effected by hull class as well.

Without a major EXCEL page or something, I dont think it could be split up to show all that.

And frankly put, it changes often enough it wouldnt stay accurate for long.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-10 03:40 ]

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:41   
ELF Beam [ Beam ( K'luth ) Faction Only ]
ELF Beams (elfs) are a special K'luth beam weapons that drains energy from the target ship and transfers it to the K'luth pilot's vessel. ELF Beams also have the added benefit of interfering with the target ships capacitors, preventing weapon recharge for the duration the beam strikes the ship.

Oh REEEEAAALLY now

So sorry i couldnt resist, but ya its little out of date (Shredders are the AR equivilant and PSI missles are the equivi of IT's)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 03:48   
ELF are broken and they already know that. That is what they are supposed to do, and what they once did.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 10:31   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 03:31, jackbob wrote:
i want someone to do the hard work for me

ya'know, range is rather easy to figure out on your own, heck the game's got at least two mechanisms (than i can think of offhand) that can be used to let you, the player, figure out the range of weapons.

damage is a slightly more complex task. you'd want a consistent target for a standard of comparison, lets say a weapons platform just for kicks and giggles (or perhaps an extractor if you want hull damage figures). then you'd hit it with the desired weapon (starting at say cruiser or destroyer level) and get relative damage% against hull/armor/shields, then repeat with a scout and dread/station for high-low figures

and why stop with just range and damage, why not include energy cost and recharge time, or the amount of signature increase you have while the device is active/recharging.

with some time, effort, and a spreadsheet, you can get some fairly accurate data, this is the part where i link to morpheus' (really old player) item list as an example, but unfortunately its long since been lost in the ether

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-12-10 10:36   
WOPS

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-12-10 12:55   
i agree tough, somewhere it should clearly say if weapons have damage falloff. In the weapons description perhaps. I also think it should be clear for weapons what type of damage they do and things like that.

dkt0404
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 16:01   
I don't see why I seem to be getting trashed by you people simply for asking for more information than what is presented.

I found the listing that the first reply gave before I posted anything and found it rather vague, if not outright out of date.

I don't think it's so unreasonable to ask for. All of the stuff i found info for in general terms without really much in the "why" department.

Weapons:
range, damage type, weapon effect, recharge, damage if you can puzzle it out.

Example:
Plasma Cannon:
Range: ~800
Damage Type: Don't know for sure but probably energy
Weapon Effect: Doesn't lose damage for range, minor splash effect

Defenses:
You don't have to get picky on details but what exactly the different defenses do would be nice. Like if some are more resistant to certain weapon types than others.

The difference between normal, reflect and ablative armor would be nice.
Difference between the bugs regen system and the Chitnis armor.
Difference between Reactive and active shields.

Systems:
It woudl be nice to know how what the difference is in the engines. You wouldn't have to apply it to every single ship. Just pick one as a baseline and the player can work out the specifics from there.

Like pick a scout for example and list the difference in power and speed between the engine types.

For systems like ECM and scanners and such, the ECM and ECCM is more or less straight forward. THe scanner kinda is to but is still a little vague. Near as i can figure out it just increases your detection range.
[ This Message was edited by: dkt0404 on 2009-12-10 16:03 ]

Frisky Dingo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 17:07   
Then you do not realize the amount of changes that take place to the weapons and gadgets in general as the game continues to evolve.

I think I speak for most of the players when I say that we would rather them working on those changes than posting information that in depth.

This is usually the place where the players pick up the gauntlet.

So. You know EXCEL?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 17:45   
Hes really just asking for the damage numbers and max HP of armor ect. Jim Starluck explained to us one time the damage numbers (not % since those change from ship to ship) of all the core weps. It was surpriseing to find that the IC is the second highest max damge potenchal in the game. Requireing both shots to hit and do there max damage to top it out and that the IC has a pritty wide min/max number. QST was 1st in this with the same gap range in min/max. SI were the lowst max damage but had the smallest min/max. I forget the numbers but he was telling us what they were at the time (this was a few weeks ago just after the update). It would be cool to see that list he was quoteing from. To see what the base damage is + damage per a level numbers. It really shouldn't be hard to type it up and post it in a sticky and just edit it when things change. I would do this but I don't know where this all is in the first place.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-10 17:45   
i has knowledge in the art of EXCEL.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032908 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR