No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More enh plz
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author More enh plz
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 19:25   
can we plz have a more respectable droprate % for enh now that the elites are gone.. plz.. make improved the min for a pvp dread kill
plz ..
plz ..
i love darkspace

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 19:35   
would love to see the drop rate increase for player kills. Right now its hard to get a blue enhancement at all much less an Improved or better. PVP is good as it is be nice if it was a little more rewarding.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 19:59   
Personally, thats just bandaging the problem which nobody seems to be asking/addressing, for whatever reason.

Yes, I can see why it was done, but it shouldnt have been done. Removing elites were a bad idea. Administration already let the cat out of the bag long ago and now you are basically penalizing any new player that joins the game as they no longer have the same farming opportunity as the rest of them.

Ontop of that, holding contests to award specific enhancements for specific ships? come on. Though, it sounds nice, it really messes with the game mechanics (which is already in a sour state of unbalance). New ships/players, with lack of enhancements and expertise, no longer have the same opportunity that veteren players once had? what kind of logic is that?

Just because they signed up after a certain date.. its sad.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 20:34   
if the elites do go back.. VARY the enhancement drops.. i mean where are the advanced beam mulitplexers?

If the elites where to go back with a more varied drop then u'd see my EAD with beam plexers instead of weapon plexers..

THIS IS THE UNIQUE PART OF THE GAME WHERE THE PLAYER CHOOSES HOW HE WANTS HIS SHIP TO BEHAVE AND NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.

By this i mean.. with no modding anymore... how can i make my ead the Spartan lethal beam weapon it should be.. ATM SPLASH kills me more than the enemy.. although ima a bad constantly enraged pilot that needs to be popped... else its u.

ALSO... do we all really think the UTGO corvettes are that OP that we decrease the turning ratio of them from 30+ to 20?? aww man.

**edit: ALSO who uses the beta forum?? c'mon.. make a space in here for Imrovement the players want.. and if u want ppl in beta.. give them the badge or something.. no-one my time plays beta and my previous post for things we want in the current ds version was deleted cuz it was ment to be in beta... ??!!? how many responses do u expect to get in beta forum.. fair enuf delete it.. but see reason**
[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2009-12-10 20:36 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:06   
If you want modding of enhancements, why do people favor having to sit in a server for hours trying to grind a single ship for them?

When did that become fun? Personally I'd go for mod them off of planets or something.

-Ent

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:14   
Yeah, modding isn't with us anymore tho.

SO give us the enhancements.. varied.. and scaled down from the size of a PVP kill..
AI MI should have STND tops.. i reckon..
U wanna farm stnd enh.. farm the MI,. see how far u get in ur cruiser..

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:29   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-12 18:47 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:48   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 19:59, Kefka Palazzo wrote:
Personally, thats just bandaging the problem which nobody seems to be asking/addressing, for whatever reason.

Yes, I can see why it was done, but it shouldnt have been done. Removing elites were a bad idea. Administration already let the cat out of the bag long ago and now you are basically penalizing any new player that joins the game as they no longer have the same farming opportunity as the rest of them.

Ontop of that, holding contests to award specific enhancements for specific ships? come on. Though, it sounds nice, it really messes with the game mechanics (which is already in a sour state of unbalance). New ships/players, with lack of enhancements and expertise, no longer have the same opportunity that veteren players once had? what kind of logic is that?

Just because they signed up after a certain date.. its sad.

this is complete correct, it is just making it ALOT harder for the noobs to get stuff.....AND players who are returning.....

Droprate should be good so people dont have to farm them.... i swear this game is becomming more and more of just farm stuff... everyone is afraid to fight and loose ships (that has gotten better since i got back) but hell even i am finding myself farming....

I think enh should only drop from pvp combat... but at a good rate.
[ This Message was edited by: ssj4megaman on 2009-12-10 21:51 ]

Email ssj4megaman
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:57   
Agreed with both Az/Ssj.

Atleast with farming (I hated farming, but you know what, it was too late to change - obviously someone didnt get the memo), everyone had a chance at it.

Now though, new players are left to the dust in most cases. If you want to get rid of elites, so be it, but get rid of all enhancements and start anew. This is like pwiping half of the community because they self destructed only 6 times in 8 years, its just not logical.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-10 21:58   
maybe have some form of "veteran reward program" for subscriptions?

say for example you get 30 points per month you are subscribed, the worst level enhancement would cost 10 points, and then up the cost for each level of enhancement by 5 while having blue unique enhancements (or the stackable, wichever is the least rare i guess) be the best you could buy. that way ppl can still get fitted out with decent enhancements while still having to partake in pvp to get the best enhancements. /edit: because the best enhancements SHOULD only be dropped in pvp combat

now the question would be, would we get the months we HAVE been subbed retroactivly or everyone starts fresh or gets given xx points as a gift to start off with?

was pondering if there would then be a need to wipe garages to make it a even playingfield but that wont be the case in the long run so it would largely be a pretty useless gesture.

[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2009-12-10 22:02 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-10 22:54   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-12 18:47 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 01:11   
Well.. we can also just nerf elites to make them better to delete. Then everyone's on a leveler playing field, since the higher level Enhancements drop from cruisers and above and its just a matter of having been in more combat to have more of them.

Email Shigernafy
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 01:46   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 01:11, Shigernafy wrote:
Well.. we can also just nerf elites to make them better to delete. Then everyone's on a leveler playing field, since the higher level Enhancements drop from cruisers and above and its just a matter of having been in more combat to have more of them.

its the fact that it takes 4-6 kills of cruiser+ ships to get 1 enchanement and not ever a good one at that. I have only gotten 1 blue enhancement from killing a Kluth station (dark green exhaust) and that was a month and a half ago. Since then I have only gotten 2 standerds and 1 enhanced. Basically the drop rate needs to be significantly increased.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 08:50   
To be honest, those blue enhancements are rare for a reason. Or would you suggest we wipe everyone's garages so you can all have your "fair start?"

Email Sens [R33]
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 09:31   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 08:50, Mythical Creature with Pointy Ears wrote:
To be honest, those blue enhancements are rare for a reason. Or would you suggest we wipe everyone's garages so you can all have your "fair start?"

but they arent rare anymore, they are close to nonexistant

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025178 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR