No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More enh plz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author More enh plz
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-11 13:42   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 08:50, Mythical Creature with Pointy Ears wrote:
To be honest, those blue enhancements are rare for a reason. Or would you suggest we wipe everyone's garages so you can all have your "fair start?"

sure. i'll take a reset if it would level the playing field and make it fair for EVERYONE. too many people are too concerned with "what they have" as opposed to "how fair it is"

my take anyways.

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2009-12-11 13:52 ]

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 13:47   
Quote:

To be honest, those blue enhancements are rare for a reason. Or would you suggest we wipe everyone's garages so you can all have your "fair start?"

No, what I would have suggested was not get rid of elites to ruin the chance for any new player like the game has done. It wasnt even announced. That was a poor decision which lacked any foreseeable foresight into how it would effect future waves of players.

As mentioned, the cat was out of the bag, the system was in place. The mere removal of it ruined any future players from having the same opportunity. The system was bad, but it was there. If you remove the way to get the same enhancements, then the enhancements already obtained should be removed to give 'fair game'.

Any rhetoric which contradicts that is short-sighted and not well thought through, just like the removal of the system itself. From a game dev perspective, I laugh. It unbalances the game, and gives new players less of a chance to thrive against the fully enhanced veterans.

Sure, you get those 'uber' enhancements from player kills, but the new players are up against old players with those enhancements. Good luck? Again, bad system. Admins should realize this. Obviously, again, someone didnt get the memo.

[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-11 13:48 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 13:58   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 13:47, Kefka Palazzo wrote:
Quote:

No, what I would have suggested was not get rid of elites to ruin the chance for any new player like the game has done. It wasnt even announced. That was a poor decision which lacked any foreseeable foresight into how it would effect future waves of players.

As mentioned, the cat was out of the bag, the system was in place. The mere removal of it ruined any future players from having the same opportunity. The system was bad, but it was there. If you remove the way to get the same enhancements, then the enhancements already obtained should be removed to give 'fair game'.

Any rhetoric which contradicts that is short-sighted and not well thought through, just like the removal of the system itself. From a game dev perspective, I laugh. It unbalances the game, and gives new players less of a chance to thrive against the fully enhanced veterans.

Sure, you get those 'uber' enhancements from player kills, but the new players are up against old players with those enhancements. Good luck? Again, bad system. Admins should realize this. Obviously, again, someone didnt get the memo.

[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-11 13:48 ]

So you're saying it was a terrible system, but the only solution was to keep it in place because the alternative was worse?

That, is a poor excuse. Elites were meant for new players for smaller ships. Not for your Dreadnaught, or your station. But people abused it.

And like all things that get abused, its better to stop it completely than to continue to let people do it. You don't fix a problem by encouraging more of the same.

Personally, I would prefer the playing field leveled and a garage wipe thrown in. Those people in Dreads with 8 blues gotten smack dead from all those Elites? Should never have had them, and they weren't intended that way.

In addition, it would be a good idea to increase blue enhancement drop rate on Cruisers and up. That at least, makes up for that vaccuum. But I could never see a return to Elites and their like as any kind of valid way for Darkspace to be played.

If you don't agree, thats okay, but that doesn't stop me from seeing what the real motivation is. Is not just about having something to do when you're bored because theres plenty to do when you're bored. It was just the added benefit you got something powerful to throw onto your badass ship later too.

-Ent

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 17:23   
I wouldn't mind at all a garage wipe, and I farmed RR myself.

I still say removing them from the game entirely is best, but at the very least either increase the drop rate on rares from players, or do a garage wipe and let everyone get their rares under the new system, instead of letting us who farmed keep ours but not letting any future players do the same. That's not right.

My #1 vote is for garage wipe and complete removal of enhancements. My #2 vote is simply increasing drop rate of rares, considerably. My #3 vote is garage wipe only. No vote goes to keeping things as they are.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 17:38   
garage wipe? nooo I want to keep my engiee (8 build computers which btw are not found anymore) and I don't want to lose my HC thats modded the way it should be. Before I was a VA I got all my enhancements in RR since the server was worth it to me since I gained pres there. Now its a worthless server to me since I gain nothing there.

Drop rates on cruiser+ should go up and elites should come back. This gives the noobs the ablity to get there enhancements when they are below 1st RA. the drop rate boost would make it so higher ups dont go crowding into RR again.

A garage wipe is a bad idea since a lot of players will leave since all that time in RR will have been for nothing. Wiping them so to "level" the playing field for noobs is punishing those who spent time getting those enhancements in the first pace.

Just boost the drop rate and bring the elites back for the noobs.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 17:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 13:58, Enterprise wrote:
So you're saying it was a terrible system, but the only solution was to keep it in place because the alternative was worse?

That, is a poor excuse. Elites were meant for new players for smaller ships. Not for your Dreadnaught, or your station. But people abused it.

And like all things that get abused, its better to stop it completely than to continue to let people do it. You don't fix a problem by encouraging more of the same.

Personally, I would prefer the playing field leveled and a garage wipe thrown in. Those people in Dreads with 8 blues gotten smack dead from all those Elites? Should never have had them, and they weren't intended that way.

In addition, it would be a good idea to increase blue enhancement drop rate on Cruisers and up. That at least, makes up for that vaccuum. But I could never see a return to Elites and their like as any kind of valid way for Darkspace to be played.

If you don't agree, thats okay, but that doesn't stop me from seeing what the real motivation is. Is not just about having something to do when you're bored because theres plenty to do when you're bored. It was just the added benefit you got something powerful to throw onto your badass ship later too.

-Ent

You misread why I put what I did. I agreed that Elites were a bad idea. But they were there. If you remove the elites, it plagues any future generation of having the same chance that other players did, just because they did not sign up and play before a certain date.

If elites were removed, then garages should be wiped, or any future generations of players will be up against a group of players who did abuse that said system. If admins were not prepared to do such a thing, then elites shouldnt have been removed. Thats what I was referring to.

You did just say to stop it completely, and that was what I was trying to get at. If you want to stop it completely, then also remove all the advanced/unique enhancements which came from those elites, to level the field out a bit.

I am also in favor of a garage wipe, or a new system all together. As long as its fair to both new and old players, alike. Not like it is now.

Quote:

On 2009-12-11 17:38, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:
garage wipe? nooo I want to keep my engiee (8 build computers which btw are not found anymore) and I don't want to lose my HC thats modded the way it should be. Before I was a VA I got all my enhancements in RR since the server was worth it to me since I gained pres there. Now its a worthless server to me since I gain nothing there.

Drop rates on cruiser+ should go up and elites should come back. This gives the noobs the ablity to get there enhancements when they are below 1st RA. the drop rate boost would make it so higher ups dont go crowding into RR again.

A garage wipe is a bad idea since a lot of players will leave since all that time in RR will have been for nothing. Wiping them so to "level" the playing field for noobs is punishing those who spent time getting those enhancements in the first pace.

Just boost the drop rate and bring the elites back for the noobs.

That is the other side of the coin. Removing those elites created a whole other problem. A Garage wipe is in the best interest of new players, but causes players to want to leave because of those countless hours they spent in RR/Proc. Without a garage wipe, new players will have no way to gain the same amount of adv+ enhancements that each and every dread+ who'se cared to get a stronger ship has.

So what'll it be? A healthy new player base? or happy veterans?
[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-11 17:45 ]

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 22:56   
I would go for a garage wipe and keep enhancements but increase the drop rate ALOT... or you should have them linked to ship level.. pull a station, if it pops it drops a rare, pull a dread, it has 5% chance for rare but 10% chance for less rare and 20% chance for even less rare.. etc... the bigger the ship, the higher chance of it dropping a rare.... make PLAYERS the elites, and it will only drop on pvp combat, not from ai.. that way people will farm each other and maybe we can get some more combat in the game.

Email ssj4megaman
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 01:49   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 17:38, Kefka Palazzo wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-11 17:45 ]

Personally, it should be about happiness for everyone.

I do think its possible, with some work, to actually make it fair without having to wipe anything.

Its just, no one is interested in that. For some reason. The whole treating DS like a mainstream MMO is killing that.

When we could mod ships with gadgets more freely, it didnt work because of imbalance. But we've always wanted ways to adjust our ships to be good in specific ways while trading off others.

I really don't know why we didnt take enhancements and make them mods in the old sense and just have them do this. Its fairer and doesn't make ships overpowered while allowing people to customize their ships .Everyone wins.

No one has to grind.

And yet, no one is interested.

Craziness.

-Ent

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 02:02   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 17:38, Kefka Palazzo wrote:

Most vets remember this game from before enhancements even existed. Most will not mind the removal of all enhancements from the game...it lasted about 7 years without them.

Would I mind that those hours I spent farming in RR and Procyon would go to waste if enhancements were removed from the game? Nah. Mind you I'm talking about removing them from the game, not just wiping garages but keeping them as drops from players. I wouldn't mind that either though; I certainly wouldn't run for the hills if it happened. A garage wipe and start over is not what's gonna drive me away from this game (a lack of modding in a few months might though! And quite a few others might feel the same. Be aware of that! DS has competition soon and needs to start offering those kinds of features.)

To me enhancements seemed like a cheap way of giving us "modding" without actually giving us modding anyway. And like I said, I've known DS for about 7 years without enhancements and never missed them or thought they were needed, certainly not as drops from some AI you had to farm.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 05:21   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-12 18:48 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 06:04   
Because we're all one big happy family.

Now for the feats of strength!

Email Shigernafy
Killa Wade
Midshipman

Posted: 2009-12-12 07:39   
i think you should

give lower leval players(leval not ship) a handi cap agenst lets say dreds and up(depending on rank) this delets the advantige older players get agenst newer ones(lets say handi cap is removed once you are cruiser capable) and impliment the % raise and it should break evan

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 08:41   
That would sort of defeat the purpose of having larger ships.

But lower-ranked players already lose less prestige in a given ship than higher ranked players... so at least its less painful to be killed by that dread as a Commander than a Fleet Admiral.

Poor consolation prize, but that's what we've got.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 08:44   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-12 18:49 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-12 09:54   
Electronical Warfare enhacements

e.g.
range of sensor bonus
ping rate of ECCM bonus
ECCM bonus (+ sig)
ECM bonus (- sig)
energy drop of EW equipment usage

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022676 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR