No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More enh plz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author More enh plz
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 11:13   
Quote:

On 2009-12-12 08:41, Shigernafy wrote:
That would sort of defeat the purpose of having larger ships.

But lower-ranked players already lose less prestige in a given ship than higher ranked players...

but they lose them more often, so in the end that low ranked player could end up losing more then the GA in the Krill

Red Dragon.
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 12:56   
I've been playing DS coming up 6 years now and I don't complain too much or for that fact not at all, can't remember when I last posted about an issue.

For me it get's frustrating farming in RR and not seeing any elites, just to now find out there aren't any more! What a waste of time; it's not the time I want to spend here.

I'm in favor of being able to mod a ship that matches my style of play, but DANG, you guys are making it too difficult and for me frustrating. Now with that said I would turn it up a notch maybe in small incerments until we see a modist leveling for the player's. I'm willing to earn my enhancements but geezzzzz don't make it impossible.

Just my two cents.

Red

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 16:03   
Quote:

On 2009-12-12 08:44, Azreal wrote:
Ok. Here's what I dont get.

If I log into the game, and I go and kill some elites for an hour, or should I say HUNT for elites for an hour, why should I be penalized?

If I went through the trouble of going and getting them, why should my hard work be thrown down the tubes to satisfy a few egos?

What about those who got theirs via event wins? Garage wipes knock those out too. I wonder if those people feel they got theirs by cheating.

Nobody else has the opportunity to farm for enhancements anymore, and there was no warning about it. The drop rates from players were also not increased to compensate for the removal of elites (which was my first request regarding this whole enhancement issue, from a year ago. Get rid of elites and make the players drop them, at a decent rate).

So now you have people who have farmed and gotten their enhancements, and others who cannot ever farm and now have a snowball's chance in hell of finding any. You have dreads and stations with 8 blue enhancements, and newer players cannot hope to ever get the same. Ever. They just don't drop from players enough.

Enhancements via events should be given out again after a wipe. They have nothing to do with farming, and they aren't all that great anyway.

I also have to say another thing: Modding is not off the table; they'd be fools to do that considering the near future. And just because I prefer scenario doesn't mean I have no say in what goes on in the MV, get off your high horse.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 16:57   
easy fix! Allow enhancements to moveable. If I could take the enhancements off of my HC and put them elsewhere there would be no need for farming at all. This would work best for vets since they already have the enhancements and would no longer need to farm new ones. For noobs this is great, if a vet gets a drop that he dosn't need or has tons of already he can just give it to the noob who dose. No more need for farming once you are all set.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 17:20   
Honestly, I dont really care what they do with them anymore.

I worked my ass off for mine. They removed elites. So. Not my fault.

Garage wipe? Give them out in events again?

What about the ones I have already gotten from events?

Oh. That's not fair either.

Whatever.

Have fun with all that. I wont be here for the wipe.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 17:46   
DS as a sociology experiment conclusively proves you can't make everyone happy. Yikes.

Email Shigernafy
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 18:01   
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, they might catch on to us.

Email Sens [R33]
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 18:11   
Quote:

On 2009-12-12 18:01, Sens wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, they might catch on to us.

think the staff here is the last to catch on

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 18:24   
Have I mentioned lately how much I value your contribution to these discussions?

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 00:59   
Quote:

On 2009-12-12 17:20, Azreal wrote:
Honestly, I dont really care what they do with them anymore.

I worked my ass off for mine. They removed elites. So. Not my fault.

Garage wipe? Give them out in events again?

What about the ones I have already gotten from events?

Oh. That's not fair either.

Whatever.

Have fun with all that. I wont be here for the wipe.

Nobody's saying there's gonna be a wipe. It just really sucks that the one way to get rare enhancements is now gone. Players simply do not drop rares, so all of us who were around for elites and took the time to farm them have a distinct advantage because nobody can ever get them again.

If they simply increase the drop rate from pvp it will be OK. That's what I originally wanted like I said. I'm not against the idea of a garage wipe for the sake of fairness though, if increasing the drop rate from pvp is out of the question. You know as well as I do that the drop rate from pvp sucks. That's the problem. That's why we farmed in the first place, because you had a better chance of seeing snow in August than you did of seeing a rare enhancement from pvp, but elites almost always dropped a rare.

Increase the drop rates from pvp (since I know you won't be removing them from the game)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 05:35   
Sorry. I cheated to get mine, from what I have been told.

The devs put the elites in the game to drop the blue enhancements, and then gave a virtual zero shot to get something from a player. So by going into RR, I was told I "played the system instead of the game".

Uh.

Yeah ok.

And somehow actually, yes. We have now gone from discussion of a wipe to we are now getting wiped.

So I am going to burn through my last few coupons and then burn a path right back outa here.

Have fun with RegressionSpace. I hope when everything gets wittled back down to 2002 DS ya'll still have players left.

(as far as the complete removal of enhancements, Im sure that will happen soon. Everything you and about 4 other people have asked for seems to happen eventually, so I think the odds are certainly in your favor that another aspect of the game will be tailor made to your liking)
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-13 05:41 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-12-13 06:44   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 21:29, Azreal wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-12 18:47 ]

ha-ha.... self-deletion. Nice.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 09:48   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 05:35, Azreal wrote:
Sorry. I cheated to get mine, from what I have been told.

The devs put the elites in the game to drop the blue enhancements, and then gave a virtual zero shot to get something from a player. So by going into RR, I was told I "played the system instead of the game".

Uh.

Yeah ok.

And somehow actually, yes. We have now gone from discussion of a wipe to we are now getting wiped.

So I am going to burn through my last few coupons and then burn a path right back outa here.

Have fun with RegressionSpace. I hope when everything gets wittled back down to 2002 DS ya'll still have players left.

(as far as the complete removal of enhancements, Im sure that will happen soon. Everything you and about 4 other people have asked for seems to happen eventually, so I think the odds are certainly in your favor that another aspect of the game will be tailor made to your liking)
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-13 05:41 ]

Hmm, I actually see enhancements sticking around. I wouldn't be against it if they increased the drops from players even though I do think it would be best overall if they didn't exist. That's my opinion, and I know for a fact it's not shared by the devs (removal of them, not increased drop rates...I don't know what they think about that).

I "played the system" too. It's not cheating. We spent way too much time in RR, agonizing hours of boredom getting blue after blue, many of which we didn't want (unless you considered getting an advanced engine booster as good lol). But it is highly unfair to remove that one and only way of getting rares but not give us another way to get them, effectively removing them from the game. If this was a PVE game, it wouldn't matter so much. But it's PVP; there needs to be another way to obtain those same rares, or else just remove them entirely.

Rares are effectively removed from the game now, and yet all of us who have them are allowed to keep them. I'm not concerned with how it affects me so much as how it affects the overall game, including new and future players. I'm not against losing all those rares I got from farming, if everyone else loses them as well and we start off with a clean slate. It's not my first choice, but I'm not against it.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-13 11:08   
Now likely I will get beat up because someone posted this before.

Rather then increase drops, why not just have when you kill someone all the goodies they had will drop. This also may give the newer players a better chance at the good enh's. it could also open up a whole new trading system.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-13 12:07   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 11:08, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Now likely I will get beat up because someone posted this before.

Rather then increase drops, why not just have when you kill someone all the goodies they had will drop. This also may give the newer players a better chance at the good enh's. it could also open up a whole new trading system.

You know, I kinda like this idea; have all the enhancements laying around among the debris, watch as players scramble to jettison their infantry and pick up the goodies.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016906 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR