Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a new idea
 Author a new idea
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 01:13   
hey guys...

with modding gone, most of us have no way to govern our playstyle on the shipls we are using except some dummy-spit weapon swaps etc etc

what im asking is..... a point modification system. EG:

each ship may have point put into it to upgrade for:

beams:
damage
range
energy usage

cannons:
range
damage
energy usage

shields/armor:
recharge rate
resistance to kinetetic, OR energy and so on
total HP

that should give you some idea. basicaly, it works like enhancements.
and your wondering about the current enhancements?

here is the catch: if someone wishes to seriously modify their ship using this method, they will need enhancements. in other words, enhancements = points. remove the enhancement? you lose the points you got from that enhancement.

in order to balance this enhancements would need to be rarer, and higher level enhancements give more points then low level.

all ships start with a few points. nothing much. (sub'd players start with more? ) like i said before, to seriously modify a ship, go get enhancements.

just my 2 cents.
(please DO NOT tell me to go to the beta forum, since it seams no one goes there, or something that makes it like its deserted)

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 01:16   
Brilliant! I only wish hundreds of people had thought of that before.

Email Shigernafy
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 14:52   
seriously?

and if so, why hasnt it been tried in beta or something?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-11 14:55   
sar⋅casm
  /ˈsɑrkćzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm]
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
Origin:
1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

Synonyms:
1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony 1 . 2. jeer.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 15:45   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 14:52, iwanii the top gear Gaifen wrote:
seriously?

Do you really wanna know?

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 16:08   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 15:45, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 14:52, iwanii the top gear Gaifen wrote:
seriously?

Do you really wanna know?

yes.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 16:16   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 01:16, Shigernafy wrote:
Brilliant! I only wish hundreds of people had thought of that before.

yes thats the kind of attitude this game needs from its mods and devs right?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 18:01   
Yes, yes it is.

Re: sparkle's comment, We've discussed the idea internally a few times over the years. I don't think its not done because we all hate it -- its another way to try to balance ship loadouts and modding and whatnot. But the current system is easier not only to implement but to balance, so it hasn't happened.
Mostly we haven't "tried it" because a change that large just for the sake of a quick beta experiment would take ages. Its mostly a lack of resources. And we haven't decided that its sufficiently superior in all respects to devote the resources for a real change (as opposed to a trial).

Email Shigernafy
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 21:00   
i never stated it had to be experimental.... could be released

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 21:16   
If I do recall Big F didn't take to well to Jacks attempt at sarcasm in a reply to someones idea.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 21:55   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 18:01, Shigernafy wrote:
Yes, yes it is.

Re: sparkle's comment, We've discussed the idea internally a few times over the years. I don't think its not done because we all hate it -- its another way to try to balance ship loadouts and modding and whatnot. But the current system is easier not only to implement but to balance, so it hasn't happened.
Mostly we haven't "tried it" because a change that large just for the sake of a quick beta experiment would take ages. Its mostly a lack of resources. And we haven't decided that its sufficiently superior in all respects to devote the resources for a real change (as opposed to a trial).

That's what I was gonna say, just that it's not something that players want to hear so I didn't say it.

I do think though that it will need to be developed in the near future, since more competition is on the way. Players like modding, and the game without it is gonna suffer when all the others ones have it.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-11 22:34   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 14:55, Doran wrote:
sar⋅casm
  /ˈsɑrkćzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm]
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
Origin:
1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

Synonyms:
1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony 1 . 2. jeer.

To make you understand the level of sickness you represent as super inteligent sarcastic sob; i would kick the sh*t out of you in reallife for DS sake.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-12-11 22:35 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 22:58   
Quote:

On 2009-12-11 21:55, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

Yes, yes it is.

That's what I was gonna say, just that it's not something that players want to hear so I didn't say it.

I do think though that it will need to be developed in the near future, since more competition is on the way. Players like modding, and the game without it is gonna suffer when all the others ones have it.

that is EXACTLY what i think.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-11 23:00   
Quote:

Yes, yes it is.

no it isnt, because snotty mods is what ppl will see and remember when they try this game out, and is what they will mention to any eventual new players that happen to ask about this game. and to be honest, this game dont need any more bad reputation.

your not posting as a regular player here, your posting as a representative of darkspace, any proper mmo company would have you atleast taken away to a paper pusing job for a remark like that.

and even if you dont get paid for what you do you should still have a respectable attitude towards the players when you post on a moderator account.

alternativly not post at all if its that hard for you.

man the modding of this game have really gone downhill since i was one...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 01:03   
As I recall, this very topic came up a matter of weeks ago and got a bit of discussion. iwanii is not so new that he could think this has never been mentioned before. Sorry if my memory stretches back further than most, but the idea has been brought up and discussed a number of times. Thus, its not a new idea.

That aside, I did answer the question implicit in the post - why hasn't it happened. Granted, it took me 17 hours after my sarcastic reply, but I guess I'm fallible and should be shunted into a paperwork job (whatever that would entail in Darkspace).

And to respond to iwanii's latest post, I know it could be released. As I said -- we haven't decided that a point system (or mass system, as its frequently called in other games) is worth it at this point given the time and effort involved in implementing and balancing it. But as Sparkle points out, it is increasingly common and popular, so today's decision is not an eternal decision (none are, if you look at the history of Darkspace).

As for pakhos, that's exactly the kind of constructive feedback we need.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.025741 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR