No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Garage/Enhancement Wipe... Poll?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Garage/Enhancement Wipe... Poll?
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-13 21:32   
So the rumor going around (have had a few verifications from certain persons) is that the garages and enhancement stores will be wiped out and we will be forced to start again. This is unacceptable.

The reasons given are as follows: people farmed to gain thier enhancements, new players had little to no chance at these enhancements and player drops are so rare, the newer players never will. This is following the removal of elites.

Now, this seems to me to be an attempt at leveling the playing feild. Well in that case, wipe our ranks. I played longer than others, there by having a higher rank and there by having something they don't. They can, with time, earn what I have, but no, it will not be fast enough this way. I worked hard for my rank, starting back years before farming was anything worth even speaking of and earning FA when there was nothing higher. Today, I have enhancements I worked hard for and earned by winning tournaments. I also spent many hours searching for elites, killing them only to get many crushed hopes days in a row. Only after such agrivating times spent wandering aimlessly hoping to stumble across the Elites did I finally get my meager stash of enhancements.

I returned to DS in hopes of finding a game with some similance to that which I remember, yet it seems to be evolving further from it's roots. Enhancements were put in place as a hum-haw to the removal of modifications (if I have heard correctly) and now, again, people whine because they don't have something due in part to them not having worked for it, or had the ability to play nice and have a more experienced player give them rare, good enhancements.

On voice chats, in forums, and in ingame text, anyone can see this idea is causing much hostilities, yet I think it is little know AND I HOPE IF IT IS, THIS SPOILS THE DEVS FUN. I speak for myself again, but I caution that I am not alone in this feeling.
Should my work be removed in order to level the feild with those who have not put in the time, nor effort, be it intentional or not, when my sub ends, I'll be done with this game.

I can only recommend that the Dev's listen to the populous that matters, those who are paying them. Spoiling the player base is not the way to gain new customers. My suggestion, one which can extend far beyond this post, is to impliment a polling system each time a SUBSCRIBER logs in. It would require an answer, even if it is I do not wish to answer. This would ensure 2 things, and many more I need not mention. First, it would ensure only subscribers have a say in the game. No more of this unsubscribed whining BS that results in subscribers being affected. Second, and most importantly, it would ensure the ones affected have a say in it instead of what the Dev's offer because thier one friend speaks louder than the rest of us.

We will bicker and we will argue; we will sling mud and hate one another in game, but when it all comes down to it, we are DarkSpace. And she is dying.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-13 21:41   
First off, suggesting that wiping prestige is the same is preposterous and is not in the cards.

Second, Enhancements weren't put in to provide a sense of modding. They do provide that, to a limited extent, but that wasn't their original purpose.

Third, there are no current plans to wipe garages, and I'm not sure who has verified these plans to you. We are discussing ways to help make things more fair for those who join after various changes (AI drop rates, elites, etc) but a garage wipe is just one option and not a very favored one because of exactly this reaction.

In a perfect world, maybe it'd be possible to wipe, but DS is like politics and we have a lot of constituencies to please, resulting is least-worse solutions.

Email Shigernafy
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-13 22:04   
I agree with Hellbender 100%. This garage/enhancement wipe will cost DS alot of players. I am another one that if the wipe goes through as rumored then I will cancel my sub also. Since returning to DS after a 3 and a half year hiatus, I've had alot of fun. And the notion that us older players have an advantage over newer players is outright nonsense. Since returning to active status here in DS I haven't farmed the ai once for enhancements. Any enhancements I have on my ships are all from player kills in the Sag server. A few enhancements have been given to me by other Wolves... and I am grateful to them for that.

Those players that have farmed for enhancements have put the time and commitment into that process. I can remember when I first started playing this game back in 2004. I fell in love with the game and the community. I spent 2 years working my way to Grand Admiral because back then there was no ai to leech pres off of. I stopped playing in 2006 when 1.483 was released. I recently decided to come back and start playing again. Since I've been back, I've seen many new players progress to Admiral and Fleet Admiral rather quickly. I'm not saying that they shouldn't progress quickly. All I'm saying is that alot of us older players yearn to have the old DS back. I for one, loved the old modding system even though I will admit that it had some flaws to it. I would like to see it re-implemented as would many other players.

And I know what some players say about =Wolf= when we are not around. Most think that we as players haven't earned what we have but the truth is... we have. We've worked our butts off to attain what we have. I spent many lonely nights back in 2004-2005 defending the ICC planets in the MV when I was the only ICC player on. My kill to death ratio more than backs that fact up. All I'm saying is that we've fought tooth and nail for everything little thing we have. So to all those =Wolf= haters out there, get over it. =Wolf= is a great clan with a group of like minded players having fun in a game. You may think that I am being cocky or arrogant because I am a =Wolf= but, I am just speaking the truth. We've earned our ranks and we've earned our enahncements just like all players should.

Email Supertrooper
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-13 22:53   
Well, this idea smells like lack of development .Anyway we cant blame them about it since they are all volunteers and amateurs on game development. But I would like to point out at consecuences of a mistake like wiping garages to be more fair while being unfair on people who spent most of their time farming enhcancement without being warned that "enhancements werent meant to be like this since the begining".

Event's winner really shouldnt be awarded with enhancements

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2009-12-13 23:00   
Wow, cry a little bit harder. fill your drawers a little bit higher with poo. suck a bit harder on your pacifier. Do you honestly expect practically "threatening" mods with losing players because of a OPTION they are currently DISCUSSING is going to do anything minus shine the light on the tears rolling down your cheeks.

Here's an idea. stead of complaining crying and throwing a fit. Use your head and think of a better idea. either that or shove your thumb in your mouth and suck on it.

Enjoy.

[ This Message was edited by: Kaine Darkheart {C?} on 2009-12-13 23:01 ]

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-13 23:52   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 23:00, Kaine Darkheart {C?} wrote:
Wow, cry a little bit harder. fill your drawers a little bit higher with poo. suck a bit harder on your pacifier. Do you honestly expect practically "threatening" mods with losing players because of a OPTION they are currently DISCUSSING is going to do anything minus shine the light on the tears rolling down your cheeks.

Here's an idea. stead of complaining crying and throwing a fit. Use your head and think of a better idea. either that or shove your thumb in your mouth and suck on it.

Enjoy.

+1

yay! took the words outa my mouth.

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2009-12-13 23:52 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-14 00:19   
Quote:

Enjoy.

your just some random 1stRA who has no respect for the fact that some people spent weeks trying to get a ogod enhancement.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2009-12-14 00:44   
Quote:

your just some random 1stRA who has no respect for the fact that some people spent weeks trying to get a ogod enhancement.

Lol look at my @ and my sub date. if you were around during my time youd know me. but infact you are the scrub who knows little to nothing when it comes to where this game was and use to be

[ This Message was edited by: Kaine Darkheart {C?} on 2009-12-14 00:47 ]

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-14 00:52   
Quote:

On 2009-12-14 00:19, iwanii the top gear Gaifen wrote:
Quote:

Enjoy.

He has the right to his opinion on the matter, he also has some time and experience under his belt. I'd just like to point out one of the groups I pointed out though, were those who were UNSUBBED. If they are currently paying or running on earned time, then I'll give thier opinion weight, otherwise it's pure jibberish. If you don't care enough to pay, whether by choice or not, then back off. It's like voting, you have no right to complain if you don't do it.

What would the game be if I didn't sub, nor did anyone else and played at 1RA all the time. Bet the game would go to crap huh? No funds, No game.. simple (btw, would like DS just left alone with minor tweeks here and there and let's just move on and play)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2009-12-14 01:02   
I'm not going against what anyones said I'm mearly saying people are qqing over rumors and threatening to quit because of ONE option on the table... simply put if a prestiege garage or enhancement wipe happens players who are higher up there have something to aim for again those who are still working are now on even ground with the rest.

however yeah that would suck. but honestly getting a puckered butt hole over the situation isnt going to solve/do/change anything minus make it harder to poop >.>

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-14 01:10   
I really wasn't trying to make it seem like I was qq'ing or anything. I was just simply stating my opinion on the subject. I was really just trying to point out that fact that people have spent hours and hours earning those enhancements and even longer earning the ranks. However, I did suggest an option to the enhancements which was bring back the old modding system. Of course, like I said it did have flaws in it but all that could be tweaked for the better.

Email Supertrooper
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-14 01:10   
Quote:

On 2009-12-14 01:02, Kaine Darkheart {C?} wrote:
I'm not going against what anyones said I'm mearly saying people are qqing over rumors and threatening to quit because of ONE option on the table... simply put if a prestiege garage or enhancement wipe happens players who are higher up there have something to aim for again those who are still working are now on even ground with the rest.

however yeah that would suck. but honestly getting a puckered butt hole over the situation isnt going to solve/do/change anything minus make it harder to poop >.>

The Kluth did that majorly when there missiles were gonna be nerfed (either it was true or not who knows) and see how fast it was pulled off of the table. Same thing with the ICC shield nerf as it stands right now. Enuph whiners and so on and bam ICC gets nerfed. Now i wouldn't of posted the nerf without also posting a buff. Like the kinetic buff we might get. Case in point, whine a little harder, cry a river and you get what you want.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-14 02:11   
Quote:

On 2009-12-14 01:10, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:

The Kluth did that majorly when there missiles were gonna be nerfed (either it was true or not who knows) and see how fast it was pulled off of the table. Same thing with the ICC shield nerf as it stands right now. Enuph whiners and so on and bam ICC gets nerfed. Now i wouldn't of posted the nerf without also posting a buff. Like the kinetic buff we might get. Case in point, whine a little harder, cry a river and you get what you want.

Um. Qualify those statements please.

I NEVER complained about the missle issue. In fact, I am all for it. Its no different than we used to be.

I also argued against nerfing the shields back 10%. Vocally. Openly. Even took on members of my own fleet over the issue.

As far as I know, the missle issue is still on the table.

And furthermore, never did I see the crying over the missles as I did over the shields.

And Kaine. Your just a purposly offensive ass. Crawl back under the rock you've been hiding under the last few years. Dont come out of the woodwork like a cockroach, adding 2 cents into something you dont know squat about.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-14 03:23   
This thread: HURP DURP DERP HERP DERP DURP

Every post is that. (except Shig's.)

-Ent

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-14 04:36   
If it is not in the dev log then its only a rumour.

I am guessing that one of the devs has spoken openly in the lobby about ideas to guage feedback which I have seen myself, and some people just take it that its going to happen, or only caught half a conversation and then chinese whispers start.

As for the enchancements I prefer if they get rid of, but I cannot see that happening now as they are to fully integrated into the part of the game especially with mission rewards which will come much later. We just have to adapt and get use to what we currently have.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024033 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR