- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Working for more combat
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Working for more combat
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:15   
Just so people understand....

Wolf has taken a few planets in Cass. We will probably work on taking a few in Lac as well. This is NOT an effort to cap your home servers, but is instead an attempt to get the players to do some combat in some very under utilized servers.

Basically, Sag is just kinda boring, and we're trying to get something fresh into the game by doing this.

I am telling everyone this so that ya'll realize we arent trying to be dirty or cheap. We're just setting up some combat zones. I invite the other factions to do the same in Andro and each other's servers. Or maybe we could just battle in Cass where we have a few planets. UGTO would have to cap a few to have some bases to work from.

We are hoping to actually have some good combat fun spawned for this coming weekend, so that's I guess the ultimate goal of it all.

Anyways, ICC are free to try to take back their planets if they wish, of course. Wolf will just be trying to drum up combat, so u shouldnt be seeing any of them in bombers in other systems.

If its a big deal, then I'll work with UGTO and Lacerta. Otherwise, lets try to get some combat going in Cass.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
The Dark Side {We Have Cookies}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:46   
Yes we do need some more combat and anything that will help bring some more combat ill back it up 100%
[ This Message was edited by: *VA* Cosmic Fox on 2009-12-16 05:47 ]

Email The Dark Side {We Have Cookies}
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-16 13:15   
sounds fun. ive been maintaing cass for to long.. bout time someon else has to come in there.... stupid rebelled planets

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-16 14:46   
looking for combat in cass even though most people play in sag. seems counter productive to me.

Email Borgie
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-12-16 18:59   
sounds like a fun idea sadly i wont be here this weekend. and alsong as other kluth or ugto dont go on a capping spree icc should be able to have some great fun with the ai on thier side thye may welll be able to try things out they normally couldnt have before.

i dont think we have had any battles on any of the home servers since the new maps have we?

Email Steveyk
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 19:15   
Quote:

On 2009-12-16 14:46, Fatal Borgie wrote:
looking for combat in cass even though most people play in sag. seems counter productive to me.

Stevey's answer is a good indicator of why. We do play in Sag mostly. How many days in a row befor eyou go ? Like I said, I'm perfectly happy to fight in Andro. We're actually giving ICC a slight advatage here. Would be nice to be able to rotate a bit between all the servers, just to keep the battles fresh.

Also, it was discussed at the fleet officer's meetings that we would do something to draw more combat into the other servers. Responses from the community on the meeting posts also overwhelmingly supported the idea.

So in the end if it is counter productive, it's only counter productive if you are looking to fight only in the Sag server. You are still free to do so.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 20:14   
Cass servers great! Its one of the biggest ones (I think) and lots of good systems to battle over.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-16 20:31   
Quote:

On 2009-12-16 19:15, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-16 14:46, Fatal Borgie wrote:

We're actually giving ICC a slight advatage here.

ICC don't need a advatage. we show up in force yall die. we don't need your stinkin' advatage.

Email Borgie
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-16 20:57   
why dont we all just agree to leave a cluster oin 1 system in sag alone. that would make combat

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-17 01:06   
ok i was on from 7pm cst.. to well beond 2 am..... and i could not find any decent combat....

im thinking now things are too spread out? im also afraid this will just start a planet capping trend...

(oh hey icc is in cassi lets cap thier stuff in sag...... oh hey kluth are in sag... lets cap thier stuff in cassi...)

id love if all we did was combat... bombing is dull boaring pointless and in most cases slow.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-12-17 01:24   
Quote:

On 2009-12-17 01:06, FaTaL Dark Elf wrote:
ok i was on from 7pm cst.. to well beond 2 am..... and i could not find any decent combat....

This is in setup for the weekend mate... check Az's original post.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-17 04:35   
Quote:

On 2009-12-17 01:06, FaTaL Dark Elf wrote:

im thinking now things are too spread out? im also afraid this will just start a planet capping trend...

(oh hey icc is in cassi lets cap thier stuff in sag...... oh hey kluth are in sag... lets cap thier stuff in cassi...)

Most of us are feeling the same way about bombing and capping. With the smaller systems, all it seems to do is shove one team out of the server faster.

There is no reason to assume people will break the "protocol" of combat only, but we can prepare for the possibility.

If somebody goes on a capping spree, his team does not hav to support him. They do not have to supply, drop troops or give combat cover. That is one way to deter it.

Of course, it's not a RoC violation if somebody did try to, so we play a fine line there. However there is NO rule that says u MUST support a member of your faction.

I dont expect any problems, to be honest. For the most part when we have done these "flash combats", they've gone off very nicely. I expect we'll get the same results this time.

And as was stated, have ya'll seen Cass, Lac, and Andro? MUCH better systems for combat. Not slamming the Sag map. It is what it is. But there are 4 other servers that can handle above 1st RA rank that are really not being used. Servers that were set up for fighting and defending. Servers that somebody took the time to map up, and that wasnt just to give 30 some-odd planets to a faction to use for modding and ship spawning. So let's give them a spin! Let's do something NEW for a change!

I know, I know. This is DS. EVERYONE hates change here, it seems. It's ok. Don't be afraid to embrace a little of the unknown.

Who knows....

You might even have.....FUN!

GASP!

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-12-17 04:59   
you know what would also help others to focus on one server?
Have the admins/dev to place a message to help out.

Example...

* Welcome to DarkSpace 1.524 - (c)2000-2009 Palestar Inc

- DarkSpace takes pride in a community where people of all countries, ethnicities, and dialects can come together for an awesome gaming experience. As we are all here to share in the same never ending fun, detriments such as swearing, racial slurs, bigotry, and religious/political/drug discussions, as well as references to explicit content or sexual innuendo are prohibited in the main lobby and in game.

* * * IMPORTANT * * * 10/06/2009
DarkSpace is now free to play up to the rank of "1st Rear Admiral". Subscribed players will have the cap removed and gain the ability to rank up to Chief Marshal.

Announcement: the Titan.darkspace.net Metaverse: Cassiopia will be dedicated for a combat zone by the three factions etc etc how ever one like to word it.

If you experience client crashes, PLEASE submit a report with the Bug Report utility when it pops up.

-----
- Type "/?" on the chat line for a list of available commands.

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2009-12-17 12:47   
Sounds like fun, I haven't had some good player combat in a long while....and try finding an AI on an empty server!

Goto the website of 0stego
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-17 13:44   
This also brings up the question, where did all the combat AI go in Sag? There in the home servers but no where else to be found. For when a server went empty at least you could hunt them till you got bored fighting them.

It will be nice to see combat come into Cassi, again its one of the bigger servers with a lot of planets in it. CD system has a great amount of clusters in it (like 3 or 4). The other systems in there are good sized too, except for Tau Ceti and the other one out at the end. Those 2 are rather small but I do like how Tau Ceti has 2 stars but are not next to one another. Would almost vote that one have some more planets and made the new luyten system.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031095 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR