No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Platform Ideas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Platform Ideas
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-21 23:46   
Fighter plats. I like that one since it would work well for all sides. ECM plats, Kluth would benefit the most from them but ICC and UGTO cloud use them too (MAX 10). Missile plat is not needed, planets shoot enough of them as it is. Since the Fighter bases are gone from planets a fighter plat would do nicely to fill in that gap. Would like to see the Plat number incrase from 30 to 60. Another idea is to limit 30 per a system, so you have that number to defend with in each system.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-22 04:57   
"Shield plat" is actually VERY easy to balance. Just do the same thing that planetary shield bases do. Bye bye exploit. (Basically, 100% for first plat 1/2 for each additional plat, allowing shields to only reach effectively, 399% at most. And since the recharge rate is so slow, depleting them would be a pain in the bum, but once down, it'd take a VERY long time for them to actually recharge. The plat just adds extra shielding, it doesn't actually increase recharge rate.)
They could function instead as basically a quick - no tech requirement planetary shield base. It'd basically make developing ICC planets pretty easy, or to restore planet shields if they go down, or some other reason.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-22 07:03   
Quote:

On 2009-12-22 04:57, Tellaris wrote:
"Shield plat" is actually VERY easy to balance. Just do the same thing that planetary shield bases do. Bye bye exploit. (Basically, 100% for first plat 1/2 for each additional plat, allowing shields to only reach effectively, 399% at most. And since the recharge rate is so slow, depleting them would be a pain in the bum, but once down, it'd take a VERY long time for them to actually recharge. The plat just adds extra shielding, it doesn't actually increase recharge rate.)
They could function instead as basically a quick - no tech requirement planetary shield base. It'd basically make developing ICC planets pretty easy, or to restore planet shields if they go down, or some other reason.

on that note i would also suggest some kind of falloff per range,
eg. your 200gu of the shield plat you get 100% of it so more shielding.
But the farther you go the less you get and with a falloff rate of 5% per 50 gu, so at 1k gu you get nothing

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-22 09:12   
I do like the idea for balancing how the shields would work, and limiting them like planetary sheilds. The ECM benifitng Kluth more is the whole idea. I guess I would want a sheild gen even though my faction has no such tech? If we have shield tech for plats, why can't we transpose it to our ships? THAT is why I said ECM for kluth. ECCM has it's uses, but for KLuth, cloaking is what it benifits. It makes it faster. ICC want more shielding, give em the plats, Kluth want quicker cloak, let em have it.

A single ECM plat isn't going to have much range or impact (give them the same numbers as the current sensor plats, just ECM, not ECCM), and if we have too much, those pesky scouts would beacon us to death negating any ECM we'd have be benifiting from. It would also be primarily used at planets, making them viable for us as current sensor plats are against us.

I don't personally want a million more platforms, I just think a single, faction specific 4th plat would be bad. I can't use a shield plat, I don't want it. I'd like a fighter plat, but I'll give that up for ECM only. Uggies can have that super heavy weapon platform or some other compromise.

Let's use that word right there, Compromise. It's always about what others have, and what they want. I want everyone to get a little something and be happy. I know the ICC have wanted a sheild plat for a while, and Kluth talks about an ECM plat. So give em both what they want and not with wanting only to bolster ourselves.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-22 12:25   
Having shield plats goes along with my request for the shield/armor rings to always be turned on. You could use shield plats to make a protection line for a planet or area.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-27 12:02   
How about a Pub Plat, out in neutral space, some place we could hang out for a cold one...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017428 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR