Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Metaverse/Scenario fix
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Metaverse/Scenario fix
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-24 12:47   
[quote]
On 2009-12-24 05:02, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-23 04:53, Fatal Starlight Starbright wrote:
Quote:

No thanks not gonna be some pres cow for some over zealous Krill who prolly farmed his way there.

That's so funny on SO many levels.
Hypocrit.
I know you farmed your ass off, I was there for a lot of it. So stop acting like you are some "holier than thou" player. This is the kind of crap that makes you look like a petty little fool.
Also, I do believe when the Krill came out, I was one of only 2 K'Luth that could actually fly the thing due to the ship caps required. Since then the game has drastically changed. The AI makes the game progress faster for players, as opposed to in the old days of when nobody is on, you sit on your thumbs waiting for an enemy so you could make pres. There isn't a player here who hasnt earned positive prestige from killing AI, even if you dont "farm" them. There are VERY few players able to fly the top dreads who DIDNT farm to get the ability to do so. There are fewer still who are getting those ship caps on players, THE WAY I EARNED MY KRILL.

Guess what. That's the way the game works now. Just like when YOU did it.

I really can't see anyone farming their way to dreads now. AI don't give enough prestige. The real prestige farming was back when a bomber could level an entire planet in one pass.

AI can be a fun way to pass the time when no players are around, but if you really want to be earning prestige when there aren't many in the MV, go build in scenario. Farming AI just doesn't compare.

Ship caps are another matter I'm glad they changed it to make it easier because I love capping ships, but getting those 25 caps before the change was a tedious pain and man was I glad when i got it. At least back then ship capping wasn't seen as a threat and so players didn't fly around with infantry.

As far as this MV/scenario fix, I see no real way to fix the problem without giving an advantage to a faction for holding certain planets etc. which in my view would hurt the MV even more, since the other factions would probably rather log off than fight the faction with the advantage

(By "advantage' I mean some sort of bonus for holding a certain planet or certain system. I know there was talk about that sort of system once, a way to give incentive to cap and hold planets)

Oh btw, a MV that's winnable and resets every so often is good in my book There's another space game I play on occasion that has a universe reset every few months, regardless of if someone succeeds in an emperor run (his team "wins" that universe). Every reset the universe is randomly regenerated except for a few systems that remain static. It's a great system, it never gets stale, and there's always a mad rush to find the best planets and best systems to build your bases in.

Imagine if DS's MV reset every few months with a new map? The end is announced ahead of time of course ("next week the current MV ends") but it's not always the same boring map over and over and over. It gets stale.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR