No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » MV Planet Cap
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author MV Planet Cap
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-27 14:27   
Ever thought of a Planet Cap in the MV, Mostly in the Sag server.

Say 15 planets are the max a Fraction can cap in the Sag server.

If they cap a 16th planet, they randomly lose one of the previous 15 planets to Unknown, Pirates or MIR.

It'll prevent one fraction domination and keep a shred of Combat still alive.

Just a Thought tho, might of been brought up before.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2009-12-27 14:28 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-27 16:08   
out of mv mentality.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-12-27 18:15   
The concept of the game and the MV is conquest... This suggestion completely goes against it.

Email Tael
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-27 18:42   
aye, your supposed to capture MV, but as there really isnt any incentive to do so other then to make the enemy log off is another beast

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-27 19:11   
Back to Scen.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-27 22:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 18:42, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
aye, your supposed to capture MV, but as there really isnt any incentive to do so other then to make the enemy log off is another beast

ya and that doesnt halp the problem. it just makes the stronger factions stronger and the loosing ones weaker. this mkaes it extremey sifficult for them to make a come back as u might imagine.

would a better idea on the topic of planet capping be to raise the minimum amout of planets a faction can own? maybe to 4 or something?

ha! what do u think of that?!?

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-12-27 23:18   
Uh.

Alright.

See, in the history of Darkspace, there have been several times where one faction had captured all of the MV, and the other two had to fight their way from homegates to come back. And those where some of the funnest times I've had. You guys even have it easier now, you get to keep the ships you lose, instead of back when you lost your ships, you had to use scouts and frigates to fight. Stop complaining, you babies.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-27 23:43   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 23:18, Crooge wrote:
Stop complaining, you babies.

Entire darkspace is babies

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-28 00:00   
Quote:

Entire darkspace is babies

thats big babies for ur information

*space cry's all night making his parents very upset and feel like crying them selves. the next morning they awake with headaches and some very very bad moods to share with the whole family.

muhahaha! u think thats was a waste of a post? i couldnt agree more

[ This Message was edited by: spacegatekid08 on 2009-12-28 12:42 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 00:09   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 23:18, Crooge wrote:
Uh.

Alright.

See, in the history of Darkspace, there have been several times where one faction had captured all of the MV, and the other two had to fight their way from homegates to come back. And those where some of the funnest times I've had. You guys even have it easier now, you get to keep the ships you lose, instead of back when you lost your ships, you had to use scouts and frigates to fight. Stop complaining, you babies.

omg, I agree with Crim! I agree with Crim! Ring the church bells, break out the best wine.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 01:30   
Really? Is this what DS has broken down to. This is just pathetic.

Seriously. Do you just want everything handed to you? I mean, what happened to bloodthirstiness, the sheer will to totally destory your enemy and every shred of dignity they have? Really? Where did that go?

No wonder this game is so terrible now. It can't even be called really PvP anymore because even the people who play see other faction allies that are supposed to just back off when they get the advantage.

This is just so bad. That anyone would even suggest this.

God. I think I may just need some milk and cookies now. Thanks guys.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 07:31   
Also in DS history was planet wiping. If bombing was easier then it wouldn't be a big problem to lose all your planets. As it is now bombing is more of a chore and quite quite boring to the point that no one wants to do it. If cloud bombing came back so it would wipe all the pop out in one hit (or 2) then people would be more willing to bomb. It took me an hour and a half to bomb and recap Extertha back, for a gain of.....80 pres.

Also a lot of this requires people, who right now DON'T EXIST! This game is made for lots of players who aren't here.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 08:37   
To Ent. Try helping to teach members of your old faction how to really play. there isnt hardly a single old vet there anymore. Thats the biggest end of that problem.

To Star. Oh hell no. Screw the planet wiping cloud bombing smoking hole every morning of an MV. That's what you call fun? I think you are in a VERY lonely camp on that one.

And I have said it before, I will say it again. I saw it with my own eyes on UGTO this week.

The humans have no understanding of fleet tactics, grouping, required ship profiles -to-mission, and all seem to have the worse case of collective ADD have ever seen in 5 years in this game. They scatter mins into an action. They leave each other high and dry. They take FOREVER to group, and then within mins it disintegrates. It doesnt matter who is running the show. They have no respect for each other. They have even less respect for the SKILL and LONGEVITY of their opponents. Its easy to chalk up your shortcomings to Kluth being overpowered. Easier than facing the reality that most active Kluth have been Kluth for more than 4 years. What's the avg on ICC and UGTO right now? You think that makes no difference?

I still see this as failed understanding on the part of UGTO and ICC players, and I dont see one damned thing that the dev team, admins, and even the K'Luth can do to change that. It's all on you.

Kluth motto is adapt or die. If I was UGTO my motto would be EXACTLY the same.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 10:54   
I agree with most everything in this thread The mentality lately is to just log off and whine when one faction is on a wild capping spree.

You know I suggested in the lobby that maybe it would be a good idea for UGTO to leave Lacerta and re-cap Sag? That was after I logged off Lacerta (yes I was there for part of it). Instead of being tenacious with a desire to fight, they logged off.

That's the new mentality. It used to be that we'd devise plans specifically to draw attention elsewhere, and once the enemy commited to the distraction the rest of us would move in and cap the planets we really targeted. Now I suspect if we tried this, which is basically hitting them on 2 fronts, they'd get all pissed and log off.

And I'm not just singling out UGTO here. I suspect ICC and Kluth would do the same. "Eh screw it I'll come back later" seems to be the thinking.

If Kluth were embedded in Lacerta, fighting hard to keep what they captured, why didn't UGTO use that opportunity to log into Sag and start re-capping that server? At best no Kluth would show up, at worst they'd all show up and you could go back to Lacerta, and most likely a few would show up but would be no match for your numbers. Don't give them a fight, go where they aren't. They can't defend both servers if you're dedicated to re-capping instead of fighting, not without constantly changing servers.

Tenacity. If they're being a pain you be a bigger pain. Keep them moving from server to server to defend what they capped. When enough respond to Sag to thwart your efforts, go back to Lacerta and do it there. And keep going back and forth until they themselves say "screw it".

(easier said than done yes, but the game used to be like that)

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-28 11:08   
For faction hopping: I think a 2 hour delay between switching factions would be OK. The purpose is to prevent people from sabotaging, spying (not sure how much of either of those actually goes on anymore) and preventing people from quickly leaving their current faction to join the one with the advantage.

2 hours would cover it all.

As for ideas on how to prevent one faction from dominating the MV: I don't have many. My general philosophy is that it should be harder and harder to capture enemy planets in a server as you cap more and more, and harder to hold on to once captured.

Off the top of my head, how about increased AI, both in numbers and strength, for the faction with fewer planets, up to even spawning support and battle stations if they lose most of their planets? And as that faction gets back on it's feet and re-caps planets those AI start to disappear through the nearest gate (or just disappear in an instant?) In Lacerta, when UGTO was down to just Earth and Luna, they would have had multiple AI stations and dreads to help them in their battle. Even in Sag they would have had them. The fewer planets you control in Sag, the more AI your faction has and the stronger they are. Naturally just being down a few planets isn't gonna get your faction lots of extra dreads or stations, but if you only have 1 or 2 planets left, expect to fight alongside a strong AI fleet.

(home servers would work different, since enemy factions shouldn't have an AI presence there)

As much as people say they dislike the AI, I like it I just think it needs to be used properly. It needs to be a tool instead of just a random nuisance that has no effect on anything.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020049 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR