No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » MV Planet Cap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author MV Planet Cap
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 13:35   
Quote:

On 2009-12-28 08:37, Azreal wrote:
Its easy to chalk up your shortcomings to Kluth being overpowered. Easier than facing the reality that most active Kluth have been Kluth for more than 4 years

Luth are only active becuase of how strong they become. Back in 483 when luth sucked and it took alot more skill and luck to fly one. Where were all those luth players back then?

Email Borgie
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 14:01   
Quote:

On 2009-12-28 13:35, Fatal Borgie wrote:
Quote:

Its easy to chalk up your shortcomings to Kluth being overpowered. Easier than facing the reality that most active Kluth have been Kluth for more than 4 years

Luth are only active becuase of how strong they become. Back in 483 when luth sucked and it took alot more skill and luck to fly one. Where were all those luth players back then?

uh i was there kicking ass and get kicked with x_killa_x...and there was Sanityassasin,Darkscorpion and afew others.

But same question goes for you guys who played icc during 1.483 . Where are you?

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-12-28 14:15 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 14:14   
Quote:

To Ent. Try helping to teach members of your old faction how to really play. there isnt hardly a single old vet there anymore. Thats the biggest end of that problem.

To Star. Oh hell no. Screw the planet wiping cloud bombing smoking hole every morning of an MV. That's what you call fun? I think you are in a VERY lonely camp on that one.

And I have said it before, I will say it again. I saw it with my own eyes on UGTO this week.

The humans have no understanding of fleet tactics, grouping, required ship profiles -to-mission, and all seem to have the worse case of collective ADD have ever seen in 5 years in this game. They scatter mins into an action. They leave each other high and dry. They take FOREVER to group, and then within mins it disintegrates. It doesnt matter who is running the show. They have no respect for each other. They have even less respect for the SKILL and LONGEVITY of their opponents. Its easy to chalk up your shortcomings to Kluth being overpowered. Easier than facing the reality that most active Kluth have been Kluth for more than 4 years. What's the avg on ICC and UGTO right now? You think that makes no difference?

I still see this as failed understanding on the part of UGTO and ICC players, and I dont see one damned thing that the dev team, admins, and even the K'Luth can do to change that. It's all on you.

Kluth motto is adapt or die. If I was UGTO my motto would be EXACTLY the same.

First time i saw a good tactic from ugto. Get a scout ,get dictor ,2 battle ships , trap the enemy to death.Az had to do the job for you ugto guys as scout. The problem , i am a FA,GA,marshall and i only will fly dread/station ego.
Even the other day ,while u were winning , az had to change his scout for the bomber to capture venus. I counted 7 dreads ,1 station and 4 cruisers for ugto. We had 4 dreads at kluth side and nothing else.. When az changed his ships,dictor went to protect his ass and leave the main fleet alone .So we each spent 2 ships for each enemy. I made suicide attacks on 2 dreads and the station. Lost a nest , a mandy. At the same time my mates did the same . What happened , you all went back to earth and hug the damn planet until next day faustus reseted the server.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 15:42   
Quote:

On 2009-12-28 14:01, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

uh i was there kicking ass and get kicked with x_killa_x...and there was Sanityassasin,Darkscorpion and afew others.

But same question goes for you guys who played icc during 1.483 . Where are you?

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-12-28 14:15 ]

played equal time in all 3 factions in 483. and even then with SA and x_killa,and those few others luth still were pretty much a dead faction.

Email Borgie
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 17:34   
So what is the point of this? I will call killa ,SA,DS to come and play ,yet rest of kluth will go icc by tonight, deal? So we can be a dead faction again.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 18:05   
First I've played Luther since 05 when I signed up and I've been stuck on them since

Second we need the top people in their fleets to instill the relentlessness that everyone is looking for into its newer members

And finally hasn't this thread gotten a little off topic

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-12-28 22:29   
Quote:

Was K'luth right through .483 and still K'luth now. Always said through 483 that the OP'd ships they had would cause them to lose the ability to fight 'luth when the balance returned.

Got a big ol' "Told ya so" right here.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-29 01:42   
Quote:

To Ent. Try helping to teach members of your old faction how to really play. there isnt hardly a single old vet there anymore. Thats the biggest end of that problem.

Let me know when the game is fun again to play, Ill be in my corner until it is.

Personally:

Its not fun to play a game when the only viable ship to fly is something bigger than a cruiser. Because when someone pulls out a dread on the other side, sitting a cruiser still you're just not going to make the same kind of progress.

Its not fun to play a game when different factions will ally themselves, when different factions seem to have the mentality that you should let them live but gosh golly, how terrible it would be if one side won.

That somehow, PvP isn't about winning, its about keeping combat alive. What the hell. Thats not fun. Theres no tenacity, theres no willingness to fight (unless one side has a clear advantage). Theres no desire to capture planets unless you're just that bored.

Its not fun. It stopped being fun when people forgot this was a PvP game. I blame enhancements, elite, AI in general, the general carebearness has ruined what was awesome and kept people here. Now everyone is just a bunch of pansies. You wouldn't know a good fight if it bit you in the ass, and its not my job, or my duty, to instill that kind of thinking. It should have already been a given.

It stopped being fun when there stopped being diversity in ships, when bigger ships just had to be better otherwise the hell if anyone would subscribe. As if DS had so many subscribers to begin with that they would lose them all. Hah. People forgot that fun was not in being overpowered, but using what you want to use, not what you have to use.

And theres just no point using what you want to use if what you want to use is going to be unfair to you. No amount of skill changes it (unless you want to use heug ships). Of course, we forgot class roles and specific ship roles. We didn't tailor unique ships, instead we made alot of general ones. Oh well.

Yeah, I know another "Oh god this game is a failure" rant because hey, it is. Posts like these? They show it, oh how they do. If nothing else showed it, whether the lack of people, the lack of influx, the lack of growth, if NOTHING showed it, it was a post like this.

Man, DS is dead, at least, the one I knew.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-29 04:03   
I am in agreement with Ent. The DS we once all knew and loved is gone and the devs seem to not give a hoot. The one major post I made on a system change that allowed more modding then was previously allowed got shot down somehow. That system also allowed for better control of balance as well with simple restrictions on how much of what each ship could have.

The other half of this is the devs and every mod/admin treat this game as a side project. This side project has become a major success at one time. Now its dieing and the loyal players that WANT to keep this game running are ringing the warning bells. Yet all of it is in vain, this game will turn around when all of staff start taking this game seriously. The game would be updated on a regular schedule instead of when they feel like it. Things would get done, things that should of been done 2-3 years ago. Right now there is no commitment to this game from the staff, if they PLAYED the game on there dev/mod/admin accounts people would see that even the staff play this. As it stands they play on alternate accounts that no one knows and it gives this illusion that they don't care about this game.

This also apply's to the lobby campers as well. If half of them played the game (and subbed) there would be constant combat and always something to do. I know people sit in lobby AFK and just keep GCQL running in the back ground but still those who are actually there, GO PLAY THE EFFING GAME.

DS has a hard enough time as it is retaining the noobs it dose randomly get, since there is no tutorial. If a noob gets lucky enough to find people in the Scenario server or Sag and start asking questions, most people will help them along.

This brings up another issue, too many servers. To a complete noob all those servers are just a confusing mess and there are no numbers on them to show where the players are.

Anyways back on topic

This is an easy fix, bring back the big single server MV. If not then increase the planet count in the current systems. More systems and more planets the more breathing room there is. This also has been said time and time again but you staff have closed ears to what the players want, and don't quote 483 at me for your reason. That's just a lousy excuse to not listen to good ideas, even right now you wouldn't know a good idea if it hit you in the face.

Yes this is a rant, a much needed rant.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-29 12:23   

Last stage of 1.483 was worst than what we have now. So i cant say anything like this game is dying . Gotta wait for mission and economy system to see how will this game do in future. But i agree with star. There musts be regular schedule for updates to show (players) there is some serius development. But I doubt it could be posible with those inefecient ,lazy , volunteer and spent their time playing different games dev team.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-12-29 12:24 ]

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-29 14:33   
Heh.. this thread is turning into a bunch of vets that don't play pining for their glory days. Or people complaining about lobbycampers. Can you all say REHASH??? To say the game is dying is pointless. It's dying in "your opinion" only. Unfortunately, you know what they say about that. "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one and they usually stink."

You don't like the game, or the directon it's going, fine. Why rant because you have an idea that gets shot down, or you don't agree with a game change, etc. Most DS vets have seen changes both popular and unpopular come and go, and what it comes down to is the big F's whim. Don't like it? Maybe all you people should go code your own game, you can tweak til your hearts content. Yep, go do something instead of complaining.

Cause guess what? No one really cares! Faustus is gonna do what he wants to whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!

Get over it. geez...

Quote:

On 2009-12-29 12:23, Pakhos wrote:

But I doubt it could be posible with those inefecient ,lazy , volunteer and spent their time playing different games dev team.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-12-29 12:24 ]

hmm... you're a real class act that obviously contributes oh so much more than our devs and mods. Here's wishin I had dorans ban hammer, cause you pal would be black, blue, and gone for good.
[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2009-12-29 14:52 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-29 14:58   
See many of us aren't sure if F is even really involved anymore. There's so little being done aside from minor balance changes that it seems there's no real development going on (as in new features, new weapons, new ships etc.). Development isn't simply adjusting shields a bit, recalculating some weapon damage.

The problem is the devs are volunteers. I applaud them, but we all know it's bad for the game overall with nothing new being worked on, because let's face it that's a lot of work and I'm sure they have better things to do.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-29 15:10   
Quote:

On 2009-12-29 14:58, MrSparkle wrote:
See many of us aren't sure if F is even really involved anymore. There's so little being done aside from minor balance changes that it seems there's no real development going on (as in new features, new weapons, new ships etc.). Development isn't simply adjusting shields a bit, recalculating some weapon damage.

The problem is the devs are volunteers. I applaud them, but we all know it's bad for the game overall with nothing new being worked on, because let's face it that's a lot of work and I'm sure they have better things to do.

It's not even that I disagree with you. But honestly, as has been said, and is well known, and has been demonstrated.... Faustus works elsewhere, has kids and family, and a LIFE. He will work on the game when he has time, or feels like it, etc. All the complaining in the world will not change this.

It really seems to drive some people crazy, and if that is the case they should leave. This isn't EVE, or WOW, this was coded in someone's living room for ~*#!!%!~s and giggles, and over the years has expanded to what we have today. Either have fun with it or find another game. I hate logging in and being an ass, and I take the advice that you gave me to heart when I post (don't feed the troll rae) but I still face reality every time I log into this site.

Reality is, just cause you have an idea doesn't mean it's good. Just cause you have a good idea doesn't mean that it will be used. Just because an idea was used, doesn't make it good. And finally,

Faustus will work on the game when HE FEELS LIKE IT not when we want, not cause it's broke, or for any other reason. Plain and simple, no?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-29 15:20   
Thanks for sharing Faustus' schedule and opinion. Im sure you are well informed.

The idea that we pay for something and expect some type of service for it shouldnt be so hard to grasp, right?

And you'd bounce a paying customer for stating an opin that is generally shared? Get ready to see your paying customers bounced, and the game offline for lack of money.

I dont share Ent's opinion, he doesnt share mine. That doesn't mean either of our opinions are bad or good for the game. That goes for everyone else's as well.

Interesting you've done little more than attempt to try witty flames. Try being suggestive?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-29 15:43   
Quote:

On 2009-12-29 15:20, Azreal wrote:
Thanks for sharing Faustus' schedule and opinion. Im sure you are well informed.

The idea that we pay for something and expect some type of service for it shouldnt be so hard to grasp, right?

And you'd bounce a paying customer for stating an opin that is generally shared? Get ready to see your paying customers bounced, and the game offline for lack of money.

I dont share Ent's opinion, he doesnt share mine. That doesn't mean either of our opinions are bad or good for the game. That goes for everyone else's as well.

Interesting you've done little more than attempt to try witty flames. Try being suggestive?

I don't know Faustus, or his schedule, nor I imagine do too many people in this game. I have however, been a member of this community for the past 7 years, and have heard the reasons from much more reliable sources.
Not to mention the fact that I am a human, and have a life and can RELATE as a person to how busy it can be. I can state for a fact that I've seen F's name on the credits for various video games over the years, which means he works for a living. As have you if you've forum browsed like me, and I'm sure you have.
I've also heard from credible sources that he has kids. He's busy. I understand that. Why is that so difficult? You have also been told over the years that this game is a side project. Again, what's so difficult? You're a paying customer. Don't like it? Don't pay. No difficulty there.

I've also been proud to support this game for many years, and it's only due to financial constraints that I am not a paying player right now. Doesn't mean I play alot, but I still get enjoyment from this game. It's here, it works, I am able to play, and I have fun. What more do you want? You have a sense of entitlement that seems to say "I pay therefore give me what I want or I walk." Well waaahh to you.
Voice your opinion, so will I. So will other people. Don't like it? I'm hurt. The only real exception I took to this entire thread was Pakhos' uncalled for comment. You got a problem with that too?

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2009-12-29 15:44 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018774 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR