No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » My take on MV changes...
 Author My take on MV changes...
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-27 19:06   
Right, as we all know the only real reason to capture a system in metaverse is to make the enemy log off. theres no reward to either capturing a system nor defending one.

MV really really need to be made more active then it is. scenario have bonus pres for a win, not much but its there. be that the reason ppl play there or not is another topic.

but MV needs a boost all over. both for attackers and defenders because right now there really isnt anything that makes ppl defend a lost cause as seen in Lacerta a few days ago.

so here's what i propose, every day a timer starts in every MV sserver that keeps track on what side captures the most planets, kills the most ships, does most damage overall (damage to and by AI not included).

at the end of said timer everything add up, and the "winner" gets something for the trouble, be that a high end green enchant, some bonus press or whatever can be discussed.

and if one side manage to capture and hold a system untill the timer runs out the reward will be higher, such as a random blue enchant or even more bonus pres.

but, if this will work and wont get abused by ppl capping a empty faction the timer would have to be rather long, say 24 real life hours to give as many as possible a chance to contribute. and by contribute i mean actually taking part, not hug a planet thats as far away from the action as possible.

and the more you play the bigger the reward(s) will be at the end of the timer, or campaign.

and if you manage to capture the whole MV then were REALLY talking rewards.

now then, what should happen when a system IS captured? will it enter a "locked" state where the planets will be uncapturable for a specific ammount of time to give the winners of that system a chance to go for the all out win or what?

and if so, how do we prevent those lame faction hoppers (you know who you are) that only play on the winning team from jumping ship the second things arent going to well for them?

one suggestion i presented to Jbud a few weeks ago were to have a 1 or 2 hour lockout from changing factions once you enter MV and pick a side.

that way ppl can still faction hop but wont have a major impact in the campaign. as a whole lot can happen in 1 or 2 hours.

or we can actually do it like a proper MMO, you pick a faction and you stick with it or delete and reroll, personally i prefer this one as it generates alot more faction pride and willingness to actually fight for what you have.

well, this is as far as i've gotten. i wrote this on the fly from a very basic idea and i'm sure theres a whole lot of holes in there that needs filling but i'm slightly drunk and very tired so i wont try to go much deeper with this

but anyway, i believe that something like this would be worth looking at because MV is quite stale for the most part.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-27 20:47   
This always been an issue. No goal to archive. So being a bit optimistic , the new economy/credit system will make it a bit more interesting. Capturing whole mv is meaningless, as we saw today. Got a server reset and all week's work/comabt to hold the system has gone to trash.

When it comes to faction hopping , penalize the players stay in the faction 1 week as you penalize or obligate fleets before they change it back to winning side.

I,personaly see the AI as important part for the future of darkspace. Most of you will say woaha , hold there ,this is pvp game. Well yes it is pvp game but pvp cant last forever without having a goal to archive. I think we should have bigger mv .Where some special ai units will mess up everything and change the balance of the game randomly. Like some boss AI ships , some super fast pirates bomber, some super pirates priveteer which cant be farmed 20 people together and appear randomly where more than 20 enemy units close enough to eachother. With new credit system, pay to pirates and receive a few of their ships as ai , set the order Protect/supply Someone or rush a planet with troops and ready to go.

etc etc etc......

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-27 21:26   
I like the idea of a credit system to pay off those pirates to do dirty jobs for you.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-27 23:30   
i personally think that a player having to wait a certain amount of time to switch factions could be a good idea, althoigh i think that 1 or 2 hours is a bit too much. maybe 15 min? it would keep players from switching to another faction for a tactical advantage with up-to-date information, since things can change quite a bit in the total of a half hour this would make it take to switch from one faction, to another, and then back again.

a different idea for the faction hopping problem (that u may not all like) is that when u switch to a different faction, even for a second all of ur ships that r saved in ur SY will be removed. yes, yes, i know. all of the hard earned enhancements that u spent haours apon hours getting will be lost in the blink of an eye. of course, the items saved in ur SY should be saved, and the only real alternitive possibilites i can see is if ur other ships in ur SY from all factions, except for the one ur on, were simply locked (not useable) for a certain amount of time. maybe a few hours. (this would be uneffected by what u do in the beta or senereo servers.) if i understand correctly then the staff cant effect whats in ur SY without causeing other problems, and obviously staff couldnt run around messing with ur SY''s every time u swiched factions. but of course this wouldnt be a problem if the next patch was programed to do this automatically. (that part seems obvious enough.)
umm...hmm... i feel like im forgetting something but i cant think of what

to help keep some teams from being over powered and others underpowered in the MV could something be put in place that allows prestige to be gained more easily by players on factions with fewer players, or something of the sort?
sooo...
factions with less players=more pres gain for each player
factions with more players=less pres gain for each player
-althoigh this wouldnt help the faction hopping issue.

any ideas on what would stop faction hopping and MV balance?

also as i said in the "MV planet cap" topic a higher min of the amount of planets a faction could own would be nice. (each factions planets couldnt be capped if they had maybe 4 planets, instaead of the current 1)

hope that makes cents cause i got distractd a few times during that

now, comment away. oh ya, and bee happy --->

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-28 01:22   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 23:30, spacegatekid08 wrote:
i personally think that a player having to wait a certain amount of time to switch factions could be a good idea, althoigh i think that 1 or 2 hours is a bit too much. maybe 15 min? it would keep players from switching to another faction for a tactical advantage with up-to-date information, since things can change quite a bit in the total of a half hour this would make it take to switch from one faction, to another, and then back again.

How about 1 to 2 weeks between factions, minimum .... Better choose carefully the first time you join, and you'd better commit. Otherwise go back to scenario.

And bring back grouping.

And Pakhos, it's "achieve" not "archive"

/end post

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-28 12:08   
Quote:

And Pakhos, it's "achieve" not "archive"

thanks.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-28 12:54   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 21:26, mannythepogs wrote:
I like the idea of a credit system to pay off those pirates to do dirty jobs for you.

Yer a pirate system similar to that of Sins of a solar empire would be nice.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-28 14:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 23:30, spacegatekid08 wrote:

15 minutes is still up to date enough tho. fleetless ppl need to start to commit to the faction they first chose when they log in, losing or not. and 15 minutes is still short enough that they will hop around like a rabid peanut.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-28 14:41   
Quote:

On 2009-12-27 21:26, mannythepogs wrote:

sorry double post.

or even sell ships to players for use themself. tho they should probably be a one use only, as in it will be lost when it blow up to make it something special to own.

Page created in 0.032686 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR