No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Emergency Jump
 Author Emergency Jump
-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2009-12-29 18:09   
Hey guys I whas thinking abouth the emergency jump and the long jump ppl use to escape and it made me think abouth something:
It wold be nice if you ppl could:
Make the scanners/radar witch detect enemy ships unavailable when u are making a hiperspace jump, this has a logic how can u use a scanner in hiperspace.
Or if the radar thing don`t work:
Make human ships ICC/UGTO have decoy drones( witch will stay in the place it whas droped 1,2 mins with a maximum number of 3 per person and can be droped only when u are jumping).
This change will make things more intresting and traking a little more like what UGTO/ICC go thru when they whant to trak a alien vessel witch has be badly damaged, I mean why should K`luth who are aliens have the advantage to trak and evade trak and humans to not even think of a possibility to make therselfes more harder to be traked down?
Thank u.

[ This Message was edited by: Michael (Arcus Prime) on 2009-12-29 18:10 ]

Email -=LoKi=-
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-12-29 19:26   
that would be fanastic if we all could do that. speically if we luth have been beaconed when we jump out.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-29 23:05   
how about a human anti sensor beacon
hahahahrhrahrhahrh

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-30 08:31   
It is a myth that you can not track jumping K'Luth ships.

It is very possible to do, if you know what you are doing, and you are in a scout.

I have many witnesses to verify this. I did it all day long last weekend. I tracked them coming in on jumps, and I tracked them when they ejumped. I had at LEAST an 80% if not better hit ratio on hunting them.

The Kluth do have the advantage in that the Humans can not cloak at the end of an ejump. But that advantage goes away with a quick scout pilot tracking them.

The Humans have to be far more careful about where they jump to. When I fully played UGTO a few years ago, I learned real fast that I better have an escape vector planned. I always jumped to a defended cluster, and VERY seldom to an open space by just slapping ejump.

Also, it is up to the fleet mates to hop out there and defend their comrade. If they leave him to the...er...wolves (so to speak), then expect him to get devoured.

Wolves are hungry, that's what they do.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2009-12-31 09:05   
Now tell me how many ppl play scout?
Yes I know its not hard to trak down k`luth wit scouts, but there is no one who will play in a ship as small as scout when there is huge action going on.
My ideea is to make it harder to be traked down and easier to escape becouse there are not enough ppl to make a serios fleet wit different ships.

Email -=LoKi=-
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-31 10:01   
I am a Marshal. I have one of the most dangerous Krills in the game. I would rather fly a supply ship and a scout most days. I like the faster action. If I die, so what? Very small pres loss. If I don't? I dont die a whole lot in combat even in the small ships, and many times that I do I know I am dead before I jump in. So if I end up not dying, it means the enemy probably did. So I win all around.

Small ships are a blast after you get used to the slowness of a dread.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-31 10:27   
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 10:01, Azreal wrote:

Small ships are a blast after you get used to the slowness of a dread.

They are fun. I've been seeing alot of scouts lately, and let me be the first to say they are the most aggrivating ship around, atleast for Kluth.

It's easy to get prez with a scout too. Simpley agrivate the target, wait for your friends to reduce thier armor/sheilding and then take pop shots. Bam, prez AND you're providing a GREAT service to your team. People fly dictors which can be useful, but no prez gain and when they impliment the grouping, the scouts will have even more usefullness.

You have to learn the ship and what it's good for. Alot of ships are WIIFM ships (Whats In It For Me) but the scout, supplies, engies, dictors are all about WIIFMT (Whats In It For My Team). Be a team player and you find uses for everything, try to play solo in a team enviroment, and you are highly limited.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-31 12:29   
Quote:

On 2009-12-30 08:31, Azreal wrote:
It is a myth that you can not track jumping K'Luth ships.

It is very possible to do, if you know what you are doing, and you are in a scout.

I have many witnesses to verify this. I did it all day long last weekend. I tracked them coming in on jumps, and I tracked them when they ejumped. I had at LEAST an 80% if not better hit ratio on hunting them.

The Kluth do have the advantage in that the Humans can not cloak at the end of an ejump. But that advantage goes away with a quick scout pilot tracking them.

The Humans have to be far more careful about where they jump to. When I fully played UGTO a few years ago, I learned real fast that I better have an escape vector planned. I always jumped to a defended cluster, and VERY seldom to an open space by just slapping ejump.

Also, it is up to the fleet mates to hop out there and defend their comrade. If they leave him to the...er...wolves (so to speak), then expect him to get devoured.

Wolves are hungry, that's what they do.

sure its possible, but again were back to the fact that almost noone use them because they dont generate enough prestige.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-31 13:57   
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 10:27, Hell Bender wrote:
You have to learn the ship and what it's good for. Alot of ships are WIIFM ships (Whats In It For Me) but the scout, supplies, engies, dictors are all about WIIFMT (Whats In It For My Team). Be a team player and you find uses for everything, try to play solo in a team enviroment, and you are highly limited.

Supply ships can very much be a WIIFM ship. I'd say just as many people fly supply ships for the easy prestige as do for the benefit of the team. The great thing about it though is that you might not know which they're more interested in

I'm actually not looking forward to grouping, as crazy as that might sound. I'm not looking forward to all the dictors and scouts grouping will bring. I'm also not looking forward to the proposed sharing of stats instead of just bonus prestige, but that's another subject.

Page created in 0.028847 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR