- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Questions regarding AI
 Author Questions regarding AI
D3SPA1R

Posted: 2010-01-03 16:43   
Hello,

Well I just have some questions regarding AI because I enjoy playing with NPC's and such in a variety of games.

I did a search but the threads I checked out seemed to be quite varied, some containing long posts/convos and most did not have a clear answer for me, at least not apparent to me. Sorry if missed.

Can you build AI ships? Or are they just created by the "metaverse"?

Do shipyards create the metaverses AI's?

Can command ships give orders to AI's?

If players can not build AI ships, why not?

How are the AI already in the metaverse distributed? is it based on the "scenario" going on?

and any other info on AI's is welcome also.

Thanks

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-01-03 17:17   
Can you build AI ships? Or are they just created by the "metaverse"?
The game world spawns them automaticly based upon the player load on the server. The more players that spawn, the less team-friendly AI get spawned. However, the more players there are, the more enemy AI get spawned.

Do shipyards create the metaverses AI's?
No, the game dynamicaly spawns them. They are a seperate entity, and do not detract from the game worlds resources.

Can command ships give orders to AI's?
All ships can give commands to AI ships - however, the command interface is finicy at best, until we revamp it at some point.

If players can not build AI ships, why not?
AI ships are spawned dynamicly based upon the player load, allowing players to create AI ships is not what we introduced them for.

How are the AI already in the metaverse distributed? is it based on the "scenario" going on?
As I said earlier, there are a set dynamic amount of friendly and enemy AI. Friendly AI are the factional AI (UGTO, ICC, K'luth), whereas enemy AI are the NPC races (MI, Pirates). Friendly AI decrease as the players on that faction increase; whereas the enemy AI increase depending on the global player level on that server.

and any other info on AI's is welcome also.
The AI were introduced a year or so ago due to player complaints about lack of things to do in the MV when there were no players. Due to the small size of the community there can be lul's in server popularity during certain timezones. The AI were introduced as a way to introduce battle hotspots. As more players came to fight AI, the enemy would see that, and go and join in, hopefully attracting more players.

It's still not perfect, and as all things dynamic, requires constant reviewal and tweaking based on how you, the players, play the game.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
- J
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-01-03 17:22 ]

Page created in 0.006668 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR