Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » How the bad guy has changed
 Author How the bad guy has changed
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2010-01-20 13:41   
I remember not 2 months ago every possible complaint about Kluth was thrown onto the boards. Fix this, nerf that. Nothing has changed in the past two months version wise, nerf bat wise or any other wise except for one thing...

Wolf is not active on Kluth yet Fox has brought UGTO to light and the forum threads are moving in that direction.

Consider this: When Wolf active, Kluth dominated. Nothing could truly stop the momentum and the community cried foul. Now, Wolf players are active in Fox and generating a cohesiveness not seen in a long time. This has brought about dominance for UGTO and the complaints are begining to fly.

I think it basically means one of two things: 1. The Game works correctly in that team effort and coordination dominate no matter the faction or 2. Any programming issues/advantages with Kluth have magically moved with Wolf/Fox to UGTO.

The most intelligent will also see the underlying message.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-01-20 14:24   
how many threads do we need about this?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-20 14:49   
The obvious problem is the lack of players. We should blame people on this.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-20 16:53   
if every faction had equal numbers and equal numbers of GA+ players there wouldn't be any issues. However the issue lies now with people losing interest in the game because of the lack of players, that and theres nothing more special beyond GA other then bragging rights.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-20 18:00   
nerf ugto!!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-01-20 18:05   
I for one would understand a small bonus for the outnumbered faction, dmg % wise. Some pvp games already use this. Say 15% bonus when your completely outnumbered. This might seem much, but with the current enhancements, 15% attack damage extra isnt all that much. (you can get 40% with the right enhancements)

Anyway, i dont play anymore, so someone else needs to have a look and think about the idea.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-20 20:16   
i like the idea.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-01-20 20:23   
could be cool

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-01-20 23:35   
blahblahwolfthinkstheircoolblahblah

It's more like Wolf has the most active and experienced members in Darkspace, what ever faction they go to will dominate, it isn't that you guys are super awesome and super great, it's that you = playerbase.

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 00:02   
Quote:

On 2010-01-20 18:00, Pakhos wrote:
nerf ugto!!

I love this idea nerf the icc while your at it

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 05:30   
with 5 -6 players, and myself seldom on atm due to school, I dont really see where we have made that big of a difference myself.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-21 05:57   
Quote:

On 2010-01-20 16:53, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:
if every faction had equal numbers and equal numbers of GA+ players there wouldn't be any issues. However the issue lies now with people losing interest in the game because of the lack of players, that and theres nothing more special beyond GA other then bragging rights.

And new players feel overwhelmed and loose the desire to play a game that they feel they cannot win at.

As a newer player this is something that plagues the new player base as a whole. Whenever I play in the MV 90% of the time when I encounter a player on another faction they are flying a cruiser or better. This leads to frustration because we, as low ranked players, are simply not competitive in way of equipment (maybe low level destroyer). Nearly 50% of the player base is 2nd Rear Adm or better. Of that most of your active players are in that top 50%. This makes it difficult for new players since they feel that they are not able to succeed.

Scenario is a bit better because everyone starts with the same blank slate and you have to build from scratch..... Not so in MV. I personally am intimidated by MV because no matter how hard I try I am unable to feel productive because I make no progress. Thankfully there is the Scenario for me to develop some so I can be productive in the MV someday.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-01-21 21:11   
I only play 4 to 8 days per month due to work, and as Az stated he on rarely due to RL commitments. Out of a 9 player fleet, one of which is an alt, there is no way that Wolf/Fox = playerbase.

There is another fleet with 2x as many active FA and aboves than we have actual players listed. And both the other factions have a number of fleets that at least equal us.

And it sure as he'll ain't awsome individual abilities on our part either. I couldn't win a fight with an uggie combat in situations where most of the current long term ugto players would have no problem. And I have seen of our members get their asses handed to them in straight up fights.

There is a we bit more to it IMO, as Az has tried to get across. Use the right tools and work together.

Page created in 0.020297 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR