No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » DarkSpace Version 1.525 Feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author DarkSpace Version 1.525 Feedback
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-01-29 17:28   
Post your thoughts, feedback, and any technical issues you have with the current release version here, even if it is already reported by another user.

Many thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2010-01-29 17:29 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-29 18:00   
All planets were unlocked and def was turned off everywhere.

wondering if this was just a side effect of the update

ICC Def seems strong still but not unbeatable.

Kluth ships seem much much stronger.

It is my humble opinion that All 3 factions recieved a 25% buff to defences.
And all factions energy resistance was lowered 10- 15 % there by making luth seem to be OP.

As of right now i am pleased with the changes...

Altho i am sickend by the amount of cloak and dagger moves used by the DEV team.

I know for a fact certan things were changed about enhancements... the way they affect you ship.

alas i cannont get anyone to comment on it.... (i know this becouse someone spilled the beans.. but am not willing to point fingers)

I also know several DEF and OFFENCE systems were tampered with in the update.. but i cannot get a strait answer from anyone.

The dev logs only serve to confuse us it seems, as they are so vague that they may as well be the bible.

there it is ... my thoughts in no particular order.

(there is also an issue with QSTs having a seamingly 50% chance of cousing little to no damage)

My honest openion has been given

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-29 20:44   
UGTO armor is now almost useless against Kluth weapons because of the PSI damage they do as well as Kinetic. Thus making Ablative armor useless against all Kluth shooting. Ablative armor only now covers 1 of the 2 damage types that Kluth weapons do (Kinetic and PSI) and was not updated to deal with the new damage system that was implemented. This also applies with Reflective armor as well.

ICC shields are decent now with the 15%/15% instead of just full 25% to energy only. Again with the new damage code in place Kluth weapons are vary powerful because the PSI damage is now being counted. Suggest that PSI is added to the ICC shields as well as the UGTO Ablative armor. Dev log says it was updated for this but it seems that this is a complete lie.

The offense and defense of the human factions seem well balanced against one another but not against Kluth, making kluth quiet powerful. Kluth armor seems to be about the same (don't know if changes were made to there armor). Core weapon fire rates seem to have slowed some. ICC is still missing its shield repair on the drones. The new jump animation that Jbud worked on is also missing (I liked it, it was cool!).

The Asteroids in Luyten haven't been removed, they cause lag for slower computers and are compleatly pointless.

That is what I can think of so far that I have noticed about the new update.

[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommander*CO* on 2010-01-29 21:08 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-01-29 21:28   
Re: Fast Starcommander:

The only armors that have a bonus to resistance against PSI damage are Organic or Chitinous. No other armor or shields will gain a resistance boost. This is fully intended.

If a PSI weapon does 100 damage to Standard Armor, it should still do 100 damage to Ablative Armor, but only 75 damage to Organic Armor.
Meanwhile, a PSI/Kinetic weapon should do 100 damage to Standard Armor, 75 damage to Ablative Armor, and 87.5 damage to Organic Armor.
Kinetic only weapons should$ therefore do 100 damage to Standard Armor, 50 damage to Ablative Armor, and 100 damage to Organic Armor.

Before this change, the game would only choose the highest or lowest damage value for multiple damage types. Armor would either provide it's resistance value to the entire damage thus taking too little damage, or just ignore the resistance altogether, thus taking too much damage.

Re: Defiance

Exactly what changes were made? There is nothing apparent in the source code, so if you can inform me of the changes you are talking about I will look into them as it may be evidence of a bug with the code.

It is true that we do not always update the Development Log with regards to changes. If we added every single minor change or adjustment that we made for each release, you would end up wading through a few pages of notes, most of which make zero sense to the player. Or inane stuff like "Corrected black value on contact icon"... Do you really need to know this?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-29 21:53   
psi damage is comparable to a "leveling" modifier. It reduces damage reduction but also reduces bonuses.

Email Sens [R33]
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-29 21:56   
.hey u asked for my feedback and I gave it.

all accusations were admittedly formulated thru hours of game play and there for are not to be taken as 100% accurate.

Its just my humble objective openion that UGTO armor and QST sucks now.

just over heard there was a change witht the enhancements... tbh i dont know what change that was... and with the new damage system in place.

for all i know you guys could have nulled the entire enhancement system and i could not prove you did... or did not.

not a rant.

just my humble un bias openion

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-01-29 22:43   
ive had the problem of when i get disconnected the reconnect or quit screen doesnt appear anymore. things just keep going on normally except for the rolling and spinning ships and planets being wiped clean temperarily. attempting to fly throu a server gate just results in me being sent to the sy.

ive talked to jbud and a few other ppl about this in the lobby and everyone seems to think its a problem on my end which is believable but i didnt ever have this problem before the new patch.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-30 00:36   
Mr.Black
I assumed this was the case, and as such UGTO armor is suffering MAJORLY. I know organic armor has PSI resistance which is stupid because that is Kluth only just like PSI is so the point of adding PSI resistance to organic armor is? Since PSI is now a factor into everything then the Kluth weapon damage needs to be reduced then. Right now UGTO can't stand more then 1 alpha from a Kluth ship (dread vs dread) it might stand 2 but then its armor is gone. Now the 2 ships should hull one another at the same time (theatrically anyways) but EAD vs Siphon (un-enhanced) and the siphon wins hands down no matter what armor type the EAD has on. This is a major issue with UGTO as this new damage system has hurt them the most. ICC can handle this because of shield rotation and more or less isn't much of an issue to them. Although I would think that shield harmonics would provide SOME resistance to PSI (like in game terms a 5% resist) as it would distort the psychic power some.

Something I would like to see done in the next update would be to have ICC stations with 2x shields. Right now its just 1 shield (each facing) and an aux shield generator. The aux shield gen is quiet pointless in adding protection as it is the first thing hit and its HP is quite low. 1 SI hit or QST will almost drain it in one go (about 25-30% left from just 1 of those). Leaving only a single shield between you and your attacker. It would be good to replace that aux gen with a normal shield giving the 2x protection that stations need. Unless aux gens reduce the power consumption of normal shields on that facing (this would be another good thing but I don't think they do). The AD for ICC has 2 on the front and its nice to have. Doing this would give ICC stations the defensive power that they need since ICC is the defense faction. So putting 2x shields on every facing of ICC stations and then placing 4 aux generators (not shield) on each facing to provide power. This would give the player the choice in going with extra energy or extra shield (what little it is). Recharge rates would be slow but we are use to that now lol (still waiting for repair drones to recharge shields as well). Just something to consider.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-01-30 07:26   
Quote:

On 2010-01-29 22:43, spacegatekid08 wrote:
ive had the problem of when i get disconnected the reconnect or quit screen doesnt appear anymore. things just keep going on normally except for the rolling and spinning ships and planets being wiped clean temperarily. attempting to fly throu a server gate just results in me being sent to the sy.

ive talked to jbud and a few other ppl about this in the lobby and everyone seems to think its a problem on my end which is believable but i didnt ever have this problem before the new patch.

Have you tried disabling UDP in Options under DarkSpace Setup? This may help for those users that seem to get disconnected in this way.

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-30 10:24   
The armor is beyond week for the UGTO kluth armor lasts longer then ugto armor right now and if im right thats not really a good thing

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-01-30 11:26   
Quote:

On 2010-01-30 07:26, Mr Black wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-01-29 22:43, spacegatekid08 wrote:

Have you tried disabling UDP in Options under DarkSpace Setup? This may help for those users that seem to get disconnected in this way.

i'll give that a try

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-30 11:55   
Sometimes when using shipyard , ship disappears but garage doesnt appear .Only thing visible is the last planet you used the shipyard. So there i have to press ESC and bring up play,observe,quit. There click on play again and garage appears!

Also still exists a mayor prestige glitch which i cant mention here.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-30 13:20   
Quote:

On 2010-01-30 11:55, Pakhos wrote:
Sometimes when using shipyard , ship disappears but garage doesnt appear .Only thing visible is the last planet you used the shipyard. So there i have to press ESC and bring up play,observe,quit. There click on play again and garage appears!

Also still exists a mayor prestige glitch which i cant mention here.

yea i get this alot to.. but was getting it befor the update

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-30 14:03   

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-01-30 14:03 ]

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2010-01-31 01:02   
Be nice if players received an email regarding updates to include:

when the update was made
what revision it is called
a brief summary of changes made
and inclusive of registered accounts...

...etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.041297 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR