No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » A new Fronteer Chapter 3 *New Update*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author A new Fronteer Chapter 3 *New Update*
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-05 22:34   
Star-date 2451:

200 years after the last major indecent that started the Steller wars between UGTO, ICC and the alien race K'luth the war ends. With no real progress between the races to gain anything substantial to deal a killing blow, the war ground down to a stalemate. A truce was enacted by the 3 major factions, as the war had substantially drained each races resources to the breaking point. This truce was strongly opposed by the populace of both the ICC and the UGTO. Since the war had claimed many lives and many families were still outraged over there loss. With this peace between the factions there loved ones deaths had been for nothing. The seed of rebellion had been sown.

Star-date 2511:

50 years past with vary little interaction between the factions. Pirate activity was on the rise again with the fleets being depleted still and whole systems left unguarded.

Star-date 2512:

A new virus was discovered on Titan in the Sol system. Its effects wiped out most of the population, those that survived wish they were dead. The virus kept the infected alive no matter what they did to themselves. Some, at first, thought this to be a blessing as they would live forever. This turned into a nightmare, as you lived you grew more and more insane. The planet was placed under quarantine and the news of titan was sealed up. The last thing the governing powers of the UGTO wanted was mass panic.

Star-date 2514:

The Titan Virus, as it was called now, was found on Earth. No one knew what it was, nor how it got there. By the time the goverment responded to the outbreak it was too late. It spread out to Luna, than Venus and from there the rest of the system. Mass Quarantine was enacted and the Sol system, the birthplace of humanity, was sealed. Interdictor fields were placed around the Galactic Plain so that no one would be able to enter, not leave. UGTO's headquarters were moved to the Alpha Centari until a more suitable system could be found.

Star-date 2524:

10 years passed after the death of Sol, scans of the system showed that the planets were terraforming. Into what and for what purpose, no one knew, they just were. Early in the year a new system was discovered, one that was teaming with life. From the scans it showed to have 9 tarren class planets, some has Ice class planets for moons others had Arid or even another tarren. The system was named New Sol, this system would be a wonderful place to restart the UGTO, the only problem was that ICC and K'luth had found it too. The rush for the system was on. With each race still depleted from the previous war this system would be valuable to the one who controlled it. Some skirmishes were fought, then major battles. Somehow UGTO came out on top, and made it its head-quarters, a tarren that was named New Earth. The UGTO immediately started mining operations and production facility's for new ship captains and for new ships.

Star-date 2525 (today):

6 more systems were found near New Sol, all to be filled with tarren planets. This area of space was named The Grove for its seemingly unnatural number of tarren class planets. The other systems came under contro-

John looked up from his data-plate with a curious look on his face. The teacher had stopped the lecture short, for a small man was whispering in his ear. When he was done the teacher had a horrid look on his face and a shaky tone in his voice when he addressed the class.
"Class is dismissed, you are all to return to your rooms imminently until farther notice. A major accident had just occurred over New Earth."
As the class rose from its seats with looks of confusion on there faces a siren went off. Red lights began flashing everywhere and a voice came over the intercom.
"All Students are to head to the transport bays imminently. You will be given farther instruction when you arrive."
Immediately all the students started heading for the door to get to there designated evacuation transports.
"Whats going on?" Shouted John to his friend Steve he was sitting next to as he got out of his seat and started down the isle with the rest of the students.
"Your guess is a good as mine" yelled Steve "we best be getting to our transport".
When they reached the hall it was chaos with students running everywhere in mass panic. Almost swimming through the swarm of bodies John and Steve made it to there transport.
"Halt!" shouted the Sargent at the door "state your name and rank"
"Ensign John Hann and Ensign Steve Maloc reporting for duty Sir!" shouted John. "Ensign Hann? You are to report to Grand Admiral Macintosh for re-assignment" said the Sargent. "Maloc is to come with me." John glanced at his friend Steve to see what his reaction was. There was none, it was like shock had come over him. "...." Steve wanted to say something but he knew he better be off to the Grand Admiral before he got into any trouble. Not like he was going to get into any here amongst evacuation sirens. He made his way to the command deck that overlooked the transport bay. He saluted to the guard at the door. "Ensing Hann reporting to Grand Admiral Macintosh" the guard took out his data plate and looked at it, then at Hann. "Ok go on in" he said.
As Hann entered the deck he was amazed to see his father there standing next to the Admiral with there backs turned to him watching the activity on the deck below. He walked up to them and cleared his throat. "Ahem, Ensign Hann reporting for duty sir." The Admiral turned around and said "Ah there you are my boy, I have a surprise for you from your father." Hann looked at his father questionably. "You are to be promoted to Fleet Admiral, my son." Hann's jaw dropped, Fleet Admiral, no one has ever been promoted to Fleet Admiral right out of the academy! Maybe 2nd Rear Admiral if you got really good grades but never Fleet Admiral. "I....I...." stuttered Hann "I don't know what to say."
"Say nothing my boy" spoke the Admiral "You are to head to transport number 43. It will take you to your ship, your orders will be waiting for you when you get there."
"Thank you Admiral" Hann said "I will be heading there now."
Hann saluted and started to walk out.
"Oh Hann" Said the Admiral "You might want to put these on."
As Hann turned around the Admiral tossed a pair of silver wings to Hann. They were the Silver Wings of a Fleet Admiral. He turned back around and walked out the door, while putting the wings on. As he started back down the access ramp to the main deck. A massive explosion rocked the entire academy.............
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommander*CO* on 2010-02-06 13:00 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-11 22:06 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-11 22:54 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-12 00:56 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-05 22:43   
okay that was really good the pre history thing was a nice touch i want more lol

Izzy
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-02-06 07:10   
when the rest comming out? sounds like a really great story

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-06 07:42   
Nice story, just wish some minor details where a little difference.

e.g. star-date? & tarren planets.. DS just uses the Gregorian calendar and i think you spell it as Terran.
And not your fault but the " is annoying. (the \ in front of the double quote).

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-06 07:59   
Quote:

On 2010-02-06 07:42, Eledore Massis =ADM= wrote:
Nice story, just wish some minor details where a little difference.

e.g. star-date? & tarren planets.. DS just uses the Gregorian calendar and i think you spell it as Terran.
And not your fault but the " is annoying. (the \ in front of the double quote).

I had to think of something for the dates so star-date is what came to mind. Terran is a funky word to spell too lol. but yes the \ apparently still isn't fixed with quotes.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-02-06 11:52   
need to read more
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-06 13:00   
John stumbled a little from the explosion that rocked the building. Causing him to hurry up a little with his pace as he headed for the Dock.
"Lets get this going" he said to the pilot as he entered the transport "need to get to the orbital shipyard."
"Right away sir" answered the pilot.
The ship took off and headed out the main hanger doors and into the atmosphere of New Earth. As the ship rose out of the atmosphere he could see out of his window a small battle occurring near the Shipyards. The transport made it into one of the docking bays just as and Ion Tracker missile slammed into the Shipyard just above the door. The blast doors closed as 3 more hit the entrance.
"Sir" said the pilot "you are being requested to star-dock 3. Shall I take you there now?"
"Yes" answered Hann.
When the ship arrived at star-dock 3 Hann's jaw dropped. For what sat there in the dock was a brand new Elite Assault Dreadnought. On the side the ships name was the Emperors Wrath. The transport entered another door and when the area was pressurized Hann stepped out. He was greeted by 3 of his classmates, one he knew vary well.
"Steve is that you?" Asked Hann as he walked down the ramp.
"Shure is Sir, I will be serving as your first mate on board your ship" said Steve.
"Well what are we waiting for lets go" spoke Hann as he headed for the portal that would take them to the ships airlock. When they reached the bridge of the Emperors Wrath, the comms officer told Hann that there was a call waiting for him in his ready room. He entered the room and sat down in his new chair and pushed the button that would transfer the call to his station.
"Hann this is Macintosh I will now tell you your current orders. You are to meet up with the Battle Dreadnoughts Righteous Fury and Retaliation over the planet Icrus. You are then to proceed to the System Caprica and find the root of this unprovoked attack upon New Earth."
"Sir who is attacking us?" Asked Hann
"The ICC are attacking and we don't know why. That is why you are being sent to there system to find out why. If you can't then you are to contact me for farther instructions. That is all, Macintosh out."
The screen went black leaving Hann in a semi lit room and his thoughts. "War, again but we have been at peace with the ICC for over 200 years. Why now of all the times to attack us" he thought. He got up out of his chair and walked back to the bridge.
"Helmsmen, plot a course to Icrus we need to leave the dock now. The fleet will handle the current situation outside."
"Aye sir"
As the ship started moving out of her birth and the main doors started opening there seemed to be something blocking outside. It was an ICC Assault Dreadnought with its broadside blocking the way out.
"Worm up the beams, lets give this ship its first true combat test" said Hann "OPEN FIRE!"
Imminently the entire front section of the Emperors Wrath lit up with beams and fluxx cannons tearing into the side of the Assault Dread. The beams ripped into the ship first hitting some shields but they failed almost immediately and the beams continued to tear into the hull of the ship, crippling it. Another salvo tore into the ship, breaking it in two. As the two pieces of the ship started drifting apart, the Emperors Wrath slipped through them.
"Get us into hyperspace helmsman we don't need to dally here." spoke Hann completely intent on his mission. The ship turned and in a flash of light slipped into hyperspace. When she arrived at Icurs she was greeted by the Battle Dreads Righteous Fury and Retaliation. A short briefing between the captains and all 3 ships turned to face the direction of Caprica and jumped into hyperspace. When the ships exited hyperspace they were met with a fleet of ICC ships. They were up against 2 Combat Dreadnoughts and 3 Assault Dreadnoughts, they were outnumbered and outgunned.
"Dear lord" said Hann "We have our work cutout for us. Comms tell the Retaliation to break right and start engaging the 2 combat dreads." As the words left his mouth there was a bright flash of light and sitting in front of them was a mammoth of a ship. It was black as the space that was around it, only broken by red streaks across its hull. The ship was two times the side of any station and was torpedo shaped. It looked more like a giant bullet then an actual ship.
"Sir incoming transmission from the unknown vessel" said the comms officer.
"Well, put it on the main view screen" said Hann.
A crackling voice came through the speakers and a misshapen face appeared.
"We are the Lost, you are to power-down your weapons and surrender. Resistance would be unwise."

[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-11 22:06 ]

Email Starcommander
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-06 13:32   
okay secound section even better keep this up bud

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-11 22:54   
"Power up the weapons!" Shouted Hann, "Show them who there messing with."
"Aye Sir" Responded the Weapons Master.
As soon as the Emperors Wrath powered up its weapons the unknown ship jumped out, leaving the three ships facing a large ICC fleet that was only 600gu away.
"Helmsman get us out of here" said Hann
"Sir the Jump Drive is still recharging"
"AAARGH!" Grumbled Hann, "Then open fire on the ICC fleet, they had something to do with this"
All three ships begun firing at the ICC fleet starting with an Assault Dreadnought. The retaliatory fire was too much for the 3 ships and soon they started to fall apart.
"Sir our hull integrity is down to 15% we won't last much longer" Yelled the Helmsman over the warning sirens of the ship.
"Hail the ICC fleet" responded Hann, "Tell them we surrender and order the Retaliation and Righteous Fury to cease fire. I won't risk our crews for this."
The firing stopped and the flagship Snowball pulled along side the Emperors Wrath to begin taking prisoners. Other ships also pulled along side the Retaliation and Righteous Fury as well.

*Many Years Later*

John awoke to the loud sound of banging on his cell door. It was breakfast time, or so he thought. The last twenty years he has been in this prison camp have been just a blur. He was stripped of his crew, of his life, of his ship. He was now just a nobody, a nobody on a back water planet in a back water system. Where the ICC took its scum and prisoners of war to rot.
"Today's your lucky day number 2999034. Someone up top has taken interest in you." Spoke the Warden as one of his guards drug John out of his cell. "I have been ordered to clean you up for a special meeting."
"What could this mean? Why me? Why after so long he has been pulled from this filthy pool?" thought John as he was drug down the hall. These questions left him in a stupor. He would just have to wait and see what they have planned for him.
He was shoved non too kindly into a brightly lit room where he was grabbed and again shoved into a shower, cloths and all. "WASH!" Came a voice from above. After his shower he was feeling much better and his head was a little clearer then before. His eyes had adjusted to the new lighting and he was able to take a look around this white room he was in. He was dressed in a white suit with white shoes and a tie. The table and two chairs that sat in front of him where white as well. Then he noticed a man, sitting at one of these chairs, a black man, also in the same white suit he was in.
"Sit down Mr. Hann" the man spoke in a smooth voice.
"You know me?" Asked Hann
"Yes, I know all about you Fleet Admiral, John. T Hann of the United Galactic Trade Organization Navy"
John decided to sit down and talk to this man, he might be able to free him from what was behind the door that was behind him.
"John, I am here to offer you a job for the Interstellar Cultural Confederation. A dangerous job one that you might not come back from."
"I am listening" said Hann, he was intrigued now by this new information.
"We now know the identity of the Fallen, the people you ran into before attacking one of our fleets. They are a people that were once human, and as you know from history, were never heard from again. Well there here, there here for revenge against all of humanity for shutting them off for so many years. You are to take a new experimental ship into the Sol system and find out who there leader is, and take him out if necessary. You old rank of Fleet Admiral will be reinstated but for the ICC instead. You will be given a crew that share the same fate you do. Are you interested?"
"Whats in it for me if I succeed?" Asked Hann.
"Why fame of course, if you come back alive. You will be hailed the hero of all humanity."
"What of the outside? What has been going on in the last twenty years I have been in here?"
"Twenty years? You have been in here for over two hundred years. This facility is a vary special one and the only one of its kind. We keep special prisoners here that might come in handy one day. The effects of the lighting are what keep you ageless here, this room we are in now is bringing your body up to speed with the rest of the universe. You see the lighting here slows time down as well as the planet itself that causes this effect to happen. What is twenty years to you is, to be precise, two hundred and eight years. The life you knew is gone, and the war that was starting when you were captured still continues. The UGTO is hanging on by a thread because of the Lost. There ships are powerful but there are only a few. From what we know there are only twenty of them. Well fifteen now as our fleets have been able to take them down."
"You said the UGTO are hanging on by a thread? How that can be we were powerful, after so many years, we finally had started to rebuild our fleets."
"Yes that part is true, the UGTO did have a mighty armada but they were no match for the Lost. See the UGTO bore the brunt of the attack and more of the Lost's ships jumped into UGTO space then here in ICC space. As such the UGTO fleets were smashed vary quickly and now UGTO is barely holding onto a single system. As for the K'luth they have vanished, we do now know if they are gone or are just hiding from this new threat. So, I now put my question to you. Do you want this mission?"
John sunk on the back of his chair, this was a lot to take in. Two hundred years is a long time to be away, everyone he knew is most likely dead, and there is this issue with the Lost.
"Well" he said "I guess I have nothing left for me, and I don't want to go back to that cell. I'm IN!"

Email Starcommander
Alois Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 06:24   
Your rushing. Your storytelling is rough and choppy, your character isnt developing, and your not giving me enough detail outside of the fighting, if you want to call the fighting detailed.

Sloooooooooooooooooooow dowwwwwwwwwnnnnnn. Use more detail and vary your sentence structure.

Otherwise its a great concept for a story.

Ruuu
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 06:46   
*clap*clap*clap*
well done very good

[ This Message was edited by: JAZZAMAN*TheMostWanted* on 2010-05-28 06:46 ]

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-05-28 11:45   
Nice work, the only thing that sucks is theres not more . thanks

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 13:16   
Luvin' the story line. Anyone who says this is... erm... substantial cannot do one of the two things: Read or Write.

-Valkaryie

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 17:40   
Oh no!!

I want to hear more!!

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 00:59   
Will work on more when I have another section ready to get written up. I ran out of stuff for him to do with the Lost in the first 2 areas, but I think I tied the time gap together pretty good. Who knows where our hero John T Hann will go?

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027589 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR