No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Marshal's and CM's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Marshal's and CM's
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-19 08:51   
Sounds like a great idea. I can imagine it lol:

Got a group of k'luth in dreads, stalking UGTO/ICC then up pops up an enemy Siphon from behind Give em an ass whooping they couldn't forget.

Just get some things straight.

Any Ship you want Idea

If you are in a Luth ship and you on UGTO/ICC would you be able to see the enemy Luth?

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-19 23:33   
Quote:

On 2010-02-19 08:51, *-Dark Valkaryie-* wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. I can imagine it lol:

Got a group of k'luth in dreads, stalking UGTO/ICC then up pops up an enemy Siphon from behind Give em an ass whooping they couldn't forget.

Just get some things straight.

Any Ship you want Idea

If you are in a Luth ship and you on UGTO/ICC would you be able to see the enemy Luth?

lol i don't think so valk.. lol

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-20 02:48   
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 01:23, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:
EVE is $13-$15 and STO I think is $15.

The game is roughly $15 dollars, £9.00 sumthing here but for the subscription it is quite cheap!

And EVE is just bogus, people who want to play it but don't have the money have to bare with the 14-day-trial which is ever getting shorter.

We should be glad that DS is free to 1st Rear Admiral because those ppl who want to use the bigger ships and are stuck with Assault Scouts all their life because they don't have enough to pay now can play with them Battle Cruisers!

Now theirs one thing we should be happy about!

NO IN-GAME ADS!!!

-Val

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-02-20 16:58   
I added the Marshal and Chief Marshal ranks purely because it was easy to do and it added something for players to reach after Grand Admiral. There was no other purpose behind itat the time, although we can elect to use these ranks at a later date if we so desire.

Goto the website of Drafell
Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-20 22:11   
is that a hint at superdreads for cm's? sweeeet..

Email Icarus II
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-20 23:09   
I don't think it was a hint at anything.

Email Mithrandir
Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-21 02:02   
well it should be...

Email Icarus II
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-21 03:50   
Superdreads are already in-game. Namely the AD, EAD, and Siphon.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-21 08:37   
I forgot, as non staff, I shouldnt make comments.

6.2 days left on sub, and I wont even use them.

Sorry I ask hard questions, or for more specific answers, or point out forseeable issues. Since the attitude seems to be shut up and pay, I think I'll just leave.

Thanks for the memories, DS.

Adios!
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-02-21 09:50 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-21 09:20   
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 08:37, Azreal wrote:
I dunno whether to laugh or cry at that statement.

Neither, just stop commenting on given facts.

We actually have Two versions of Dreadnoughts, one being the regular one's and the other the Specialized versions with some increased stats. if you want names look above in jacks post.

I don't think we will see higher tier ships coming anytime soon. In-fact i would rather pray that we get the command & fighter interface instead of praying for bigger boats.. but i am not that religious so i don't think my part would be a big help..

E.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-21 10:49   
Awww Azreal, we'd just found a topic where half the staff can reply... its such a good opportunity to send mixed messages and confuse each other. And here you go and be a debbie downer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking questions or offering suggestions. I don't know that I'd personally go with your redistribution idea, just because people seem to dislike having things "taken away" from them, as would be the case for increasing requirements on ships. (Better would be new ships, but thats also hard to justify when there aren't clear uses for some existing -- all of which could use work, of course; not saying its a case for inaction, just prioritization)

Anyway, I wasn't thinking this was a hate thread, but maybe the last couple of staff posts were too shooting-down-y; I thought they were more just facts for clarification than policy statements (ie, they had no initial role and the role is still being determined, it wasn't an implication but it doesn't rule anything out, theres already a "super" class of dreads but no comment about them). Maybe I'm naive about appearances by virtue of being green, but I didn't think it was a big deal...

----------

I also don't know that I like the idea of more super ships. If anything, I'd say higher ranks should offer diversity and strange layouts, rather than more big ships with bigger guns. But there's always big balance problems there too... so maybe just give them a cupcake.

Email Shigernafy
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-21 14:32   
My Idea for Ms and CM's is:

-Extra Garage Space (Already Covered)

-Ability to create 1 new ship, using a template. Not for use in Sag Server.

-Able to assign missions which you could accept to gain extra pres or an Enh (Already Covered)

-To "Own" a planet. If they capture a planet. That person who captured the planet "Owns" it. Allowing ppl to build on it or not. Only 1 Planet.

Those are my thoughts

-Val

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-21 16:11   
1. Add a new rank

2. more storage

3. ship cost less res to spawn

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-02-21 18:03   
Ok this post of mine isnt going as i hoped but i have seen some good ideas soom good points but all in all it still comes down to this,

We have 2 ranks that were created ages ago before i was a player here in DS but yet they still have no purpose at all we the players have gave u the devs our thoughts on whta these ranks could mean. So please try do something about it less negitives and more positive i as many only ask that the people who can try and do what they can to improve things.

EXTRA garage space makes sense it really does and i canr see it being hard to add if u want to explain why it would be then feel free to add that not that you added to new ranks but dont know why really.

THE use of any ship in the game well all i can say i thougt aim high on this one but all i really wnated isa cloak on my battle dread or myabe a siphon to use without having to switch faction again i cant see this being hard to add as there was modding beofre and u can caoture shiope that add to your faction for a time so it must be posible if not answer why it cant be done. you never know some of the smarter player (thats i am not one of ) may ahve a good idea of how to get around it

anyho pleae reply as bet u can and lets not get silly if we can help it dont let pride get in the way of a good idea

ty

PS

another new rank would just be silly if it has nothing with it

[ This Message was edited by: *Steveyk* on 2010-02-21 18:22 ]

Email Steveyk
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-21 20:41   
No,steve what u want is imposible .

Would be a better idea having new faction weapons or tech specialized for m and cm ,depends on the rank.

Or CM could train infantry farbehind of elites. Like special forces¿?

Or ability to mount one more enhancement?

Or Cm stations effect orbited planet morale? Economic boom? More fire rate from the same planet? Quick blockade? Viceversa for enemy planets?

Or discount on resources he/she spents?

Or new ships for them?(faction only)

etc ....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035818 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR