No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +24.0 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Payment options?
 Author Payment options?
Capt.Tony
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-02-09 17:15   
Hi I want to subscruibe, however i have a real problem using paypal.

Basically i had an account a few years ago, my msn was hacked so i set up a new msn.

So in the few years i have lost all my login details, now i try to set up a new account, but my credit card wont link to my new account as its linked to my old one. But i cannot access my old account to erase it.

Paypal customer service blows, spent 15 mins on a international call listening to a automated service on its CS line....

so please! can i pay any other way direct by CC?
[ This Message was edited by: Capt.Tony on 2010-02-09 17:15 ]

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-02-09 18:44   
i feel your pain. paypal isnt the way i wish i could be paying, and i think theres atleast a few other players that feel the same way.

but for now the game is worth the trouble...for now...

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:35   
Paypal... tax free..welcome to darkspace..

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-10 02:58   
Quote:

On 2010-02-09 17:15, Capt.Tony wrote:
Hi I want to subscruibe, however i have a real problem using paypal.

Basically i had an account a few years ago, my msn was hacked so i set up a new msn.

So in the few years i have lost all my login details, now i try to set up a new account, but my credit card wont link to my new account as its linked to my old one. But i cannot access my old account to erase it.

Paypal customer service blows, spent 15 mins on a international call listening to a automated service on its CS line....

so please! can i pay any other way direct by CC?
[ This Message was edited by: Capt.Tony on 2010-02-09 17:15 ]

I feel your pain too, its the reason i am not resubbing using paypal, as my bank account was stolen of £400 last November and again a further £200 (with paypal secuirty changes) just before Christmas because of a lack of security implemented by Paypal, I got my money back, the police got involved, the bank hassled paypal - took a long time though, and yes their customer service is downright ridiculous. So the stress of it all it is not worth it, until Faustus can show abit more flexibility in payment options my two accounts wont be used.
I just stick with STO and EVE for now.

[ This Message was edited by: Pegasus on 2010-02-10 02:59 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-10 06:47   
I've used paypal for 9 years, across three separate bank cards. I've never had issues with money being stolen, or the like.

Every company has their +'s and -'s. Don't give away your PayPal login to anyone. If in doubt, just use their payment processing instead (you don't need to login to use it).

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:44   
Quote:

On 2010-02-10 06:47, BackSlash wrote:
I've used paypal for 9 years, across three separate bank cards. I've never had issues with money being stolen, or the like.

Every company has their +'s and -'s. Don't give away your PayPal login to anyone. If in doubt, just use their payment processing instead (you don't need to login to use it).

I have tried their payment processing before and i just tried it again a moment ago just to double check. This only works for people that do not have an email account or/and credit card/debit card thats not tied to any accounts currently on paypal database.
I will have to close my accounts with paypal which I am in the course of doing while I wait for some legal issues to be sorted with the bank, It just been a very messy business, and all this is just to use paypal which I have used for years just to play Darkspace.

[ This Message was edited by: Pegasus on 2010-02-10 08:59 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:55   
i have a problem with paypal aswell,cant pay my account becouse of this,would be better the players can use both payments methods....this is my oppinion

Email *Flash*
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:36   
I have posted my dislike of PayPal in the past as well...
My account was closed (few years back) with money still in the account and they refused to reimburse me...there for I will not use there service ever again, which sadly also means I cannot subscribe again.

There has to be another service that accepts CC's that DarkSpace and use.

Goto the website of 0stego
paladin49
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-11 05:34   
why cant pay without CC have an paypal acc but no CC

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-11 06:00   
you can use a paypall account with CC linked, Bank account Linked and stand alone.
Problem mostly is that some CC's can't be linked to paypal, either because of the bank or paypal policy, same stands for the linked bank account. and finally as standalone it might take a load of time before you have transferred funds from whatever to paypal.

What i have been made aware of was that;
DarkSpace changed over to full paypal to cut costs. The old system charged PaleStar for the usage of there systems, where PayPal is close to being absolutely free.
You can say you want the old system back but like many things its a cost issue and only Faustus has a say in this, just as any other part of the payment system.

Should you find that paypal is still to annoying why would you not suggest some other options. (keep in mind it must be international, easy to use, free to use, and have company back-office integration support.)

paladin49
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-11 06:58   
if I send money to my paypal account can I pay my acount

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-11 07:08   
Quote:
On 2010-02-11 06:58, paladin49 wrote:
if I send money to my paypal account can I pay my acount

If you have your paypal account set up like that then yes.
But i have heard in some cases that it will try to bill it you your linked bank account or CC regardless if you have Credit open on your Paypal account..

I personally Link and unlink my CC because i don't trust CC's. but my other Paypal account i have my bank account linked permanently and i have to say i never had any problems with it.

Page created in 0.018515 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR