- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Missles bug??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Missles bug??
Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-27 20:07   
Hey when im in a ship going near an enemy planet and the missles hit me thye always take the dmg from my back armor/shields I always watch the missles hit ym front and BAM!! they hit the back of me. Why??? is this a common bug or is it just me?

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-27 20:23   
Common Bug...... called the Arch Bug.

Be careful it can be deadly

To fix it, I log out and back in sometimes that works.

-Chall

Email Challenger
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-27 20:42   
Actually don't forget de-sync.

When the missile strikes your front of the ship it doesn't get registered just yet and the virtual missile keeps traveling until the hit gets registerd, while this time may be very little you still are moving as is the missile, when the hit is registered the missile has already traveled to another arc of your ship and the damage is applied there.

This may be for the hit damage, the AOE or both.

Its a known bug, but its hard to reproduce and fix. but the most common requirement for it to happen is server-client de-sync..

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-01 22:09   
Also the missile is called the Ion Tracker, it heads for your tail. There is a space between your hit "bubble" and the real you, this is where the missile dose its work.

It is a lag issue and has been for....well ever (1.5). It doesn't occur when you are sitting still, this has been proven in both testing AND combat. Sit still in a station and those IT missiles hit the facing arc. ICC has to fight it too, don't think its poor old UGTO or K'luth all the time, UGTO has the SAME MISSILE WE DO! We have to think where to allocate shield power when getting hit with missiles and K'luth need not apply just cloak and missiles go boom.

Fixing this would break the server (according to devs) and cause more lag. So don't see this issue going away anytime soon. Like a lot of things in DS, just live with it.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 00:31   

Something else about missiles and stuff:

When you get missiles fired at you, you hear a single bloop and that's it.

Do you guys think it would be better if you had a missile warning light on the dash... some klaxon of some kind.... whenever any missiles are actively tracking you?

Next, any plans to implements stuff like jammers, decoys or something?

Just wondering.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-24 12:50   
Quote:
On 2010-03-24 00:31, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Do you guys think it would be better if you had a missile warning light on the dash... some klaxon of some kind.... whenever any missiles are actively tracking you?

Just wondering.

The blook is new contact detected, you don't know if its a missile, fighter or enemy ship, and even when it is a weapon you don't know if it is aimed at you or not.

A warning light, could be possible. but i personally would only like this when you know the missile is aimed at you.
In addition ALL missiles are actively tracking, when they lose there target they self destruct.

Jammers. just get enough ECM or clock and missiles lose there target and SD. so we already got jammers.
Decoys are a little harder since the missile is LOCKED at you, should it unlock it SD's. So we would need to write a entire battlefield ghosting decoy system to have them inplace, i don't see them come anytime soon. but hold a second..
Just thinking aloud; we could create something like a Blip enhancer, put it on something like a beacon. would be fun..

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 13:34   
Id love a small countermeasure system. Star Wars Alliance had these little warheads that popped off and auto sought nearest warhead. Wasnt foolproof, but was a nice addition.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 13:41   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 12:50, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-24 00:31, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Just wondering.

The blook is new contact detected, you don't know if its a missile, fighter or enemy ship, and even when it is a weapon you don't know if it is aimed at you or not.

A warning light, could be possible. but i personally would only like this when you know the missile is aimed at you.
In addition ALL missiles are actively tracking, when they lose there target they self destruct.

Jammers. just get enough ECM or clock and missiles lose there target and SD. so we already got jammers.
Decoys are a little harder since the missile is LOCKED at you, should it unlock it SD's. So we would need to write a entire battlefield ghosting decoy system to have them inplace, i don't see them come anytime soon. but hold a second..
Just thinking aloud; we could create something like a Blip enhancer, put it on something like a beacon. would be fun..

Just thinking aloud.

The warning light would be nice, really. Just to know if a missile's painting your ship.

Next up.... Besides using F2, you guys think it'd be nice to have a translucent radar overlay on the HUD? Toggle-able on/off of course.

I mean, we're flying advanced starships. Surely we could have some kinda radar/scanner overlay for instant assessment of the tactical situation around the ship?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 13:43   
Quote:

On 2010-02-27 20:07, Red Wolf wrote:
Hey when im in a ship going near an enemy planet and the missles hit me thye always take the dmg from my back armor/shields I always watch the missles hit ym front and BAM!! they hit the back of me. Why??? is this a common bug or is it just me?

This bug is ancient, and probably the most annoying bug of all, the cause is unknown but theorized as being either collision detection, or a problem with smart projectiles repositioning after impact, either possibility is very hard to figure out what exactly is the cause. It is being looked in to as far as I know, but it has been being looked into for quite a while, maybe they'll figure it out soon

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 13:58   
Smart ICC would take advantage of this....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 18:40   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 12:50, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:

Not true, you get one sound for any new ships contact that appear into your sensors and you also get a different kind of sound when a misisle or fighter appears on sensor and your the target, so you do get a warnign sound

Beleive me i tested it many many times, Everytime you get a missiles on sensor and if your a target you get a sound warning, if nto you simply get no warning what so ever of the new missile or fighter
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 20:58   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 18:40, Zero28 wrote:

Not true, you get one sound for any new ships contact that appear into your sensors and you also get a different kind of sound when a misisle or fighter appears on sensor and your the target, so you do get a warnign sound

Beleive me i tested it many many times, Everytime you get a missiles on sensor and if your a target you get a sound warning, if nto you simply get no warning what so ever of the new missile or fighter

Either way, you'll definitely get a warning once the first warhead impacts your ship.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 21:59   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 13:58, Azreal wrote:
Smart ICC would take advantage of this....

they do everyday from what I see

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-25 01:56   
Im still experiencing this though quite annoying when your trying to cluster bomb a planet that has lots of missiles defenses

*Have they fixed this bug yet?

[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-03-25 01:57 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-25 02:22   
It won't be fixed. Its inevitable in an internet with any latency.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025463 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR