No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Some of my ship designs
 Author Some of my ship designs
Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:15   
Here are a few of my ship designs that are based off of the shuttle, Ares program, ISS and other space exploration programs that I have used to create these designs. These are real world components built around their actual use..now if i could jsut find the ignition button.

Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:22   
The next one is a heavy cargo lifter vehicle that uses a launch vehicle that can return to Earth to be used again. Smaller versions of this launcher can be used to launch the various designs of Space Ship One into higher orbits.

Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:24   
The next design is a ship tender/construction ship whose design is meant to be used to salvage lost or damaged ships as well as assisting in the construction of stations and other IPS Pilyhas-1 class ships.

Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:34   
With the last design the ship has been redesigned to use the Vasimr engine instead of the JX-2. The previous design can also be used to augment the mining fleet but only on an emergency as need basis.

The next design is the mining and hauler class. The first ship uses the robotic arm on the ventral (underside) of the ship to secure a PDGF device to the asteroid. The arm then closes around this device thus allowing a semi stationary means of mining the asteroids.

The second robotic arm uses the same type of PDGF device that is forced into the roid in which the arm then manipulates the roid into the hauler's cargo bay. Which is the bottom ship. Once finished mining, the miner would then load it's cargo bay full of roids and return to Mars or the transfer station set-up at around 500k meter's away from the roid belt.

The design of the miner is based off of the Ares-1 command module design, with the shuttle cargo bay and robotic arm built into the ISS Kibo module design with the Vasimr providing thrust. Both of these versions are unmanned due to the inheritant danger of sitting in the roid belt where a rogue roid may destroy the ship without warning.

Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:36   
Oops, the last picture is not the mining vessel but a variant of a larger class of cargo ship meant to ferry large amounts of cargo to the Moon or Mars at one time.

The image below is the one of the mining class of ships.

Dryson Bennington
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2010-03-09 17:47   
Your probably wondering how the roids are secured in the cargo bay. Along the bottom section of the hauler ships cargo bay there two sets of rails that smaller robotic arms run on, there are five robotic arms for each rail. The roid has two PGDF devices planted in it one is used to manipulate the roid from the belt to the hauler ship the second PDGF device is used by the hauler's robotic arms to secure the roid in place inside of the haulers cargo bay. Once a portion of the bay has been used the arms move up the side of the hauler's interior surface so that more roids can be hauled. It is difficult to say at this time how many roids can be hauled but I am working on that as well.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-09 21:15   
Tell me you are an engineer in real life. If you are not, you are supposed to be. Seriously, if you are not an engineer, quit you job, apply for FAFSA and enroll in the nearest university with an ABET accredited engineering program.

You have a lot of work ahead of you. You will lose some hair (from stress and from your angry hands). You will reconstruct your cells almost entirely from Ramen Noodles. It will take a few years off your lifespan, but it's just the crappy ones at the end, so it's okay.

When you graduate, get a cat. That's what engineers do. We are lazy. We automate everything. Cats the pet that requires the least attention. Even fish need to be fed everyday, but a cat can simply be provided with multiple days of food and it will make it last.

No dating. No marriage. No kids. If you currently have any of these, destroy them before classes start. You need your focus. Good Luck and we are all very proud of you.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-09 22:19   
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 21:15, Kanman wrote:
Tell me you are an engineer in real life. If you are not, you are supposed to be. Seriously, if you are not an engineer, quit you job, apply for FAFSA and enroll in the nearest university with an ABET accredited engineering program.

You have a lot of work ahead of you. You will lose some hair (from stress and from your angry hands). You will reconstruct your cells almost entirely from Ramen Noodles. It will take a few years off your lifespan, but it's just the crappy ones at the end, so it's okay.

When you graduate, get a cat. That's what engineers do. We are lazy. We automate everything. Cats the pet that requires the least attention. Even fish need to be fed everyday, but a cat can simply be provided with multiple days of food and it will make it last.

No dating. No marriage. No kids. If you currently have any of these, destroy them before classes start. You need your focus. Good Luck and we are all very proud of you.

This*2

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-09 22:47   
KABOOM.

^ My head.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-09 23:24   
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 22:19, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 21:15, Kanman wrote:

This*2

nuff said

Email -Shadowalker-™
Page created in 0.014938 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR