No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +12.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestions for minor changes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Suggestions for minor changes
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-14 14:30   
Quote:

On 2010-03-14 14:27, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-14 08:51, Mr Black wrote:
How about we only see your rings if we can actually see you?

Draf and maybe fix plats while you are at it. Not being able to builid them due to desync or whatever it is these days and then to have Jack say it's my client and not the server is really frustrating. Do all this mining and the stupid things don't build but they take the resources.

It is your client. Your client desyncronises with the server. The server's in tune 100% of the time, it's only ever your client that desyncs, and fixing that problem is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Tends to happen more often if you have an unstable connection too.

May be frustrating to hear, but it's the truth. We take no pleasure in it happening either, it's just an error that's going to take time to fix.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-14 14:33 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-14 15:11   
Sorry Jack but I don't buy it. It's a easy out to blame someones client which they cannot fix and there connection which in my case is a 25mbit/7mbit fiber connection.

So I once again blame the game and task you to repair it rather then pass the blame back to the user who has no power to fix it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-14 17:04   
I never blamed the client. I simple said it was the client, ie the game client. Sorry for the mixup.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-17 18:09   
bump

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-17 21:01   
I vehemently protest the movement to get rid of the boop from pushing a key! This sound is as old as the game is, and a valuable piece of history cannot be so callously discarded. To do so would be a travesty, a tragedy, an assault on all that is sacred and holy in this world.

Plus you've been asking for it for years and I don't want to give up our flawless record of frustrating you on the issue...

Email Shigernafy
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-17 22:46   
Quote:

On 2010-03-17 21:01, Shigernafy wrote:
I vehemently protest the movement to get rid of the boop from pushing a key! This sound is as old as the game is, and a valuable piece of history cannot be so callously discarded. To do so would be a travesty, a tragedy, an assault on all that is sacred and holy in this world.

Plus you've been asking for it for years and I don't want to give up our flawless record of frustrating you on the issue...

I concur.

Email Sens [R33]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-18 00:25   
Talking about minor changes , can we limit ship size to 1re admiral to use Ursa minor get in sag server? The problem is most of people(stations,stations,stations and sometimes dreads) to not die/ or be tracked jumps into ursa minor gate. The other gate makes no difference since we can follow them into the next server/system. Only ursa minor gate send you to ship selection screen.

Any chances?

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-18 02:16   
Quote:

On 2010-03-17 21:01, Shigernafy wrote:

Shig things need to be changed. Just because you wear the same clothes everyday while camping the lobby doesn't mean the world must sit unchanged around you.

It's not frustrating. I'll just keep asking.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-18 03:32   
Adding options to darkspacesetup, for these tweaks would be easy, a couple tickboxes, one to represent whether to show all ships' rings in the area, and one to represent the change in sound.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-18 07:13   
Quote:

On 2010-03-18 03:32, JBud wrote:
Adding options to darkspacesetup, for these tweaks would be easy, a couple tickboxes, one to represent whether to show all ships' rings in the area, and one to represent the change in sound.

Yeah i've been told as much. But Draf has the same mindset as Shig. He likes the bleep so he won't even entertain the idea of removing it or making it a on/off option.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-18 07:25   
Well, generally I don't mind confirmation that my commands have been received. The problem is that sound is actually just a local echo - its not a "yes sir, got that". So I'm actually fine with removing it. I just like to be bombastic in my posts.

Email Shigernafy
xplosiv
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-18 11:25   
Engineer build queue would be great, and a way to reclaim lost resources

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-18 11:31   
Quote:

On 2010-03-18 07:25, Shigernafy wrote:
Well, generally I don't mind confirmation that my commands have been received. The problem is that sound is actually just a local echo - its not a "yes sir, got that". So I'm actually fine with removing it. I just like to be bombastic in my posts.

you da bomb

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016813 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR