No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Subscription System Changes...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Subscription System Changes...
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-16 08:03   
Wow. Let's hope it'll breathe new life into this game.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-16 08:38   
Quote:

On 2010-03-16 04:31, Enterprise wrote:
Then again, if you buy enhancements and you never lose them, what incentive is to keep buying them? None, exactly.

Don't want to lose your enhancements? Don't die. Pretty straightforward. If you're that bad about it, fine, don't buy them. The rest of the people who are good at not dying will buy them, and be even more awesome. Works out pretty well to me.

The only thing I request is that we be able to remove and store enhancements from ships. Or are refunded, either way.

-Ent

I totally agree. For those who fly unfleeted and want more then 2 ships per faction it should be possible to remove enhancements from their ship and store them.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-16 11:43   
tumbs up on that one

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-03-16 13:32   
this should sort out the rich from the poor

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 15:07   
well, enhancements doesnt have to be the ONLY thing.

what about a pres multiplyer? costs XXX credits and gives a 50% pres bonus for 7 days or something....

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-16 15:57   
Drifting slightly off topic here, but has anyone considered enhancements that are NOT related to combat? For example, an enhancement that makes your supply ship's reloads repair 5-10% faster, or something to that effect? All the enhancements I have seen thus far have been about moving faster, turning fasting, shooting faster/farther/harder. Perhaps an enhancement that makes engineer ships require less resources to make platforms, or complete builds 10% faster.

Not to mention an enhancement that makes your jump drive recharge faster. Now THAT would be a nice thing to have on a dread.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 16:00   
Kinda sad you can't make credits in game now.

I missed it when you looked at how much credits you had, and someone would shout: "How come I can't buy anything?"

"Do you have a - infront of the number?"
"Oh, right I got -90,347,895,001"

Lol, was funny back then.

-Val

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 16:18   
There is an enhancement to make build modules work faster >.>
Advanced Build Computer or something

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-03-16 16:38   
Doesn't this bring us all the way back to compensation requests, for unfair deaths caused due to game mechanics and bugs... The white elephant from 483. The compensation system then was horrible. Has this been improved in some way?

Only this time it directly affects peoples pockets - sounds like a good way to make people angry.

Also for the most part due to location I play with a connection that is regularly 600-700ms. I accept that this results in extra deaths here and there. However I am certainly not prepared to be disadvantaged financially for this.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 16:54   
Quote:

On 2010-03-16 15:57, Kanman wrote:
Drifting slightly off topic here, but has anyone considered enhancements that are NOT related to combat? For example, an enhancement that makes your supply ship's reloads repair 5-10% faster, or something to that effect? All the enhancements I have seen thus far have been about moving faster, turning fasting, shooting faster/farther/harder. Perhaps an enhancement that makes engineer ships require less resources to make platforms, or complete builds 10% faster.

Not to mention an enhancement that makes your jump drive recharge faster. Now THAT would be a nice thing to have on a dread.

As a platform builder I would like to see faster builds and faster mining.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-16 17:41   
@Sauur best post after mine

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-16 19:48   
Quote:

On 2010-03-16 16:54, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-16 15:57, Kanman wrote:

As a platform builder I would like to see faster builds and faster mining.

Called a build computer, something I have 8 on on my engiee, builds things real fast because it cuts down on build times. So a normal 5 min cortex nexus to me is 3 min. With all 8 on I have -40% build time and it took a long time to farm those ones too.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Inka
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 22:21   
Have an idea about enhancements:

1 Rare Enhancement: Gives you 20 times death. Then its gone. Also the ability to repair them as someone told before. If u dont repair (1% of its price per repaired) its gone before 20 times. Ur fault.
2.- Improved Enhancement: 10 times...
3.- Minor enhancements, 5 times........
and so on ... the balance u think is fair and good for players.

Also enhancements should be allowed to replace to different ships but with death count by itself independently.

Will the enhancemets be free interchange between players as it is now? This is a nice way to make people buy em all as they give em apart to their fleets m8s !

This way, our future investments will last a little longer, may say u die like 2 to 10 times a day as an average, depending on pilot. So maybe losing same ship 20 times or more is just enough and FAIR to buy new replacements...

Also, this wont affect the FEARLESS pilots who love to strike back or just have awesome fun going further than others.... this also VERY GOOD for other players to watch and follow.. make DS really interesting! Combat will not be affected... everyone will like to try there new enhancements !

Just a thought... PEACE!

Inka.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-17 00:51   

I would actually reverse this, for fairness sakes.

Rare Enhancements would have the least durability, and minor enhancements would have the greatest.

I would suggest a system like this:

First, change it so kills awarded is based upon who does the most hull damage to a ship. This is important.

For every death you recieve from players hands or from self destruction, you have the chance to lose 1 durability from any of your enhancements. It won't be 1 durability total, as all of your enhancements could simultaniously lose 1 durability, but its also possible that none of them will. Its random.

Deaths from collisions or AI have half the chance to lose 1 durability, and only from one enhancement randomly chosen. This is to offset lag induced bugs and because AI is something to mess around with for kicks and giggles.

Now oppositely, you can either a.) repair the durability of your enhancements via credits. It should cost less to repair durability in the short term but in the long term (if you repair alot), you would be better off just buying a new enhancements. This is to encourage people to get the most out of their enhancements, and also to reduce the inconvinience of having to constantly replace their enhancements.

Or, b.) For every player kill you make, you have the chance to repair 1 durability to one enhancement. It will automatically apply to the most powerful enhancments first. The chance will be equal to the one for losing them from player deaths.

The idea is: Good players will die rarely, and they will rarely lose enhancements because their kills offset their deaths. This rewards good gameplay behavior. Bad players who either choose to suicide or otherwise abuse mechanics as such will lose out, but thats the way of the world.

Now, there is the risk that players will choose to farm low level players to repair their enhancements, so you can always throw in more complicated measures (like killing a player closer to your own rank has a much higher chance while killing a player lower than you would be non-existant.)

Either way, the durability system is a good idea, one long overdue.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-18 01:15   
Quote:

On 2010-03-16 19:48, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:

Called a build computer, something I have 8 on on my engiee, builds things real fast because it cuts down on build times. So a normal 5 min cortex nexus to me is 3 min. With all 8 on I have -40% build time and it took a long time to farm those ones too.

Wow. Nice.

But do you lose any of those enhs, or do a couple of them float out in space if your Engie should happen to blow up?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022902 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR