No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Credit useage ideas
 Author Credit useage ideas
Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-19 06:55   
I've been told that in the past you where able to use other factions weps and things on your ships, now I was also told that this failed, causing problems that I'm not really clear on. I now believe that being able to change out weps and armor in between factions is not the way to go. But I do believe that the idea behind it is still sound. Instead of giveing the ablity to steal or scrap from other faction however, i say how about just adding better weps for each faction that you have to buy with credits and then mantain with credits. Enhans could be done in the same way. Reading the dev log I see that changes are to be made on them anyway. So I say how about not changing the way that they work as to how you keep them. Like for example...Zlarrs Def, starts with say 6 durability points when you run out you lose it unless you use credits to mantain it's points. Just and idea thought it might help. Would like some feed back on what others think. No remember everyone this is just an idea and in it's most primal form. But having to rebuy things and replace them all the time gets old fast. This idea came from playing AVA, in this game they use this kind of system. You only have to buy something once as long as you keep up in it's repairs.
This would also mean that there would have to be a way for non paying ppl to earn credits in game. That way no one has an advantage or at least not a total one over the ppl that don't pay and also helping to generat more players that do pay. Also something like the harder it is to get a drop (in game) the fewer dur points it has making it harder to keep on your ship. Like a minor having 10 points of dur and something, like Zlarrs, having 4 points and so on.
One more thing. I noticed that there was a lot of debate on the topic of paying players not having an advantage over nonpaying players. This is something that on some lvl must happen. If paying players don't have an advantage over nonpaying then what is there to make ppl want to pay to play?
[ This Message was edited by: Nithis on 2010-03-19 07:30 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Nithis on 2010-03-19 07:34 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Nithis on 2010-03-19 08:00 ]

Email Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-19 08:46   
Credits will not be earnable through in-game actions. Sorry.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-19 09:02   
like said above, you won't earn them in game.

Given that how do we balance them out that non-donators can get the same enhancements as those who donate for credits to buy them.
Donators could buy the enhancment while non-donators would fight for them.
Donators have a advantage for having them instantly but non-donators have the advantage of being able to gain prestige fighting for them and learning personal game experiences, you can't buy that.
So basicly with credits you buy time. but everything is still under debate on how to balance this..

Ok guys we got three topics going on about enhancments, subscribtion and this one of credits.
Its getting hard to stay on top of all your suggestions, comments and idea's..

Fallen |3lood Angel*Kiyoh*
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-19 10:53   
nithis, theres one flaw with paying for durability of enh, what about the people who cant afford to pay, they have to keep farming for their enhancements. Personally, i'd be very peeved having to refarm my enh every couple days

Don't waste your time, Or time will waste you.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-19 14:04   
You don't need enhancements at all. I flew stock ships for the first few months, worked just fine.

Email Sens [R33]
Killian Darkpaw
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-19 14:22   
Like Sensi said.. I can fly my ships just fine without ench Not that hard. lol Been doing it since ench were done. Yea I'll put them on my ship if their good but i dont need them really.

Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-20 08:15   
Earning credits in game through hull damage or how ever it was before is how that balances out you get less for getting it that way but you still get them the only thing left to figure out from there would be how much you got for killing hull class ships. This was something that was even done already once in the game I'm told. This way everyone can keep up on the dur of the enhans. Having to replace enhans every few days is like having to rebuy guns in FPS games and that gets old fast. The point is ppl have worked hard in one way or another weather its buying credits in the future or by farming in the past and I'm sure that at least some of us agree that the idea of losing them after all the time some had to spend farming and how long it can take to do that or even killing in sag, is not one that most ppl like. This way everyone that plays can have the ablity to have the enhans if they want and can keep them as long as they use the credits they got out of the game. The difference would have to be in the type of credit they earned. ones' earned in game could only be used to mantain enhans while paying players could use them to do whatever with buy in enhans fix dur for them and so on.

Email Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
Page created in 0.016014 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR