- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC-shields
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author ICC-shields
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-20 02:50   
while i am sittin in space, waiting for my shields to recharge, i had this idea:

kluth & ugto can place many support-platforms / depots somewhere and are at 100% within secounds
icc still have to wait for their shields to be recharged

what about a shield-recharge-gadget ?
you enable it, and you get your shields really quick back at 100%

but to restrict it out-of-combat-only you have to power most of your ship down, get maybe an increased sig, take more dmg or something like that.

and only the bigger ships (>=cruiser) should have it

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-20 03:26   
Believe me, you are not the first to suggest this. We've gone over this probably a dozen times and it goes back n forth without anyone ever deciding on something.

My opinion: My HC (I tried this several times with a non enhanced HC too, no difference if done right. My HC has no manuv. jets or anything, just defense upgrades) basically lets me kite a battle dread or something without it being able to do much even at 350 gu if I'm facing away while I can just mash mash mash.

ICC ships have a layer of shields (obviously) instead of armor and a shield generator is lighter than solid alloy. Shields have a natural damage resistance. We turn faster, accellerate faster (i think), can move shield energy to get regen going on the other three sides if only one side is hit which essentially triples shield regen on that side...

We got all sorts of things going for us after we got nerfed and then redone in the balancing work done by the devs. Along with tactics the game seems fine to me as far as ships go, a gadget like that would uneven the playing field a bit methinks. A while ago I would have agreed with you though.

To be honest, 2 K'luth dreads make me more wary than 2 or even 3 UGTO dreads. Sure, you won't kill the UGTO of them if you're alone and they know what they're doing, but they won't be able to kill you either. If the bugs come in Krills and uncloak at the same time on either side... Bit of a rock-paper-scissors act. we let the UGTO take bugs, then thin out the capitalists afterwards
[ This Message was edited by: Ian9018's Ghost on 2010-03-20 03:48 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-20 05:01   
Spent over an hour waiting for shields to recharge.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-20 05:44   
We ideally want to increase recharge the longer you're out of combat, but since it's rather well balanced right now (data is a wonderful thing), we're going to leave it until such a time as we can impliment it without flaw.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 06:36   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 02:50, NoBoDx wrote:

kluth & ugto can place many support-platforms / depots somewhere and are at 100% within secounds

Lies

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-20 11:53   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 06:36, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

Lies

if you build enough supply-platforms, your dread get repaired at ~2% (or even more) hull per secound -> your dread get repaired to 100% within 50s including 100% of your armor
icc still have to wait for the shields to recharge
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-03-20 11:58 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 12:03   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 05:44, BackSlash [R33] wrote:
We ideally want to increase recharge the longer you're out of combat, but since it's rather well balanced right now (data is a wonderful thing), we're going to leave it until such a time as we can impliment it without flaw.

I agree that it's well-balanced, but for those ICC who want to counter Stations with their own Stations, well, I often see hull repaired by far and long before the shields are even close to 50%; having the option to super-charge their shields would likely make ICC Stations contenders with their fast-recovering brethren on UGTO and K'luth side.

It's truly the only issue I have with shields so far, as Dreadnought shields regen fast enough and the smaller ships are the mainstay of the ICC fleet regardless; I figure I'd ask so ICC also has the option of reasonably recovering from attack with their largest vessel - right now it just takes very long and it's definitely inferior to UGTO/K'luth who can repair their Station's defences quickly enough.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-20 17:34   
Personally, I think the solution for the larger ships is to include more slots for Auxiliary Shields, so they can employ those without having to sacrifice Aux Reactors. That will let them regen shields faster by diverting strength from the aux shields to the main ones, as those things recharge real fast.

Part of the goal of the ship redesign project that brought you the new Scout layouts is to give ICC ships more reactors across the board, so they can handle the energy drain from their shields more readily. We'll be moving on to Frigates before too long, and get to Dreads and Stations eventually.

Edit: I just did a test of this. My ICC Combat Dread with Active Shields (and a 6% bonus to shield regen thanks to Enhancements) was able to go from 0%-100% in 8 minutes and 6 seconds. With Active Shields being boosted by a pair of Auxiliary Shields, it took only 6 minutes 20 seconds. That's a quite significant improvement if you ask me.

[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2010-03-20 18:06 ]

Email Jim Starluck
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-03-20 19:08   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 11:53, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 06:36, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

Lies

if you build enough supply-platforms, your dread get repaired at ~2% (or even more) hull per secound -> your dread get repaired to 100% within 50s including 100% of your armor
icc still have to wait for the shields to recharge
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-03-20 11:58 ]

A UGTO dread's hull repaired at 2%/second??? Thats got to be alot of supply plats. Thats somewhere around how fast a SS with its 3 reload drones fixes a frigate or dessie. You know how UGTO always has a bunch of stations out? Often its cause we're repairing, and even while hugging remeberance with ~5 depots, ~3 SS, and a few Heavy Supply ships it still takes maybe a minute to rep a single dread's hull. I'll have to time it one of these times i go boom.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 19:27   
The issue is not the Dreadnought's hull, it is their armour. At 80% hull, a Dreadnought can still be servicable in battle if its armour values are above 90%, which happens within five minutes often due to the available amount of Supply Ships and Support Stations.

The argument is that UGTO can and will employ the use of multiple supply sources to fortify their defences and make it tougher to defeat them, whereas the ICC cannot do so and must retreat to await their shields' recovery.

It should be mentioned that ICC's best ships, the Scout and Destroyers, don't suffer this problem at all, their shields charge faster than their hulls repair~
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-03-20 19:33 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-20 19:51   
The problem is that 5% death hull thingy! its the worst that has happen to the game, add a 10min timer of that ship and let it come back with 100% hull. Its so boring to see evryone planet hug and only rep..its amasing to see that ppl have more rep point then Doran, in under 6-7 months they have retaken what was imposible to retake on doran. How long did he use to get that many points? im amased on how bad things have gotn preswise in this game. Thoug the game gotn bether but some of the tings that have happen is just unbelivebal.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 20:16   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 19:51, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
The problem is that 5% hull on death thing! It's the worst that has happened to the game. Add a 10 minute timer to that ship and let it come back with 100% hull. It's so boring to see everyone planet hug and only repair.

It's amazing to see that people have more repair points than Doran. In under 6-7 months they have gained up on Doran's score, which was previously thought impossible to do. How long did he take to get that many points?

Though the game got better, some of the things that have changed are just unbelievable.

Well, the issue isn't death either. It's shield recharge rate, and for me it is particularly the recharge rate for Stations and the like so they can remain competitive with the faster repairing K'luth and UGTO ships.

I want to move to suggest shields/ships repairing to 100% hull/armour/shields while stationed in the Shipyard... once more. As an arcade game full of fast-paced action, it's simply astounding that a Dreadnought should take at minimum 6 minutes in order to be servicable again: if you work through six Dreadnoughts in a day, it means you must spend six times six, or thirty-six minutes just hanging about waiting for shields to recharge: and this assumes hull will be repaired before that time.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 20:45   
Sure let the ICC repair their shields faster.....

And let the KLUTH and UGTO rotate their armor.....

Then we can all be the same.....

Sounds good right?

Email Challenger
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-20 20:52   
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 20:45, Challenger wrote:
Sure let the ICC repair their shields faster.....

And let the KLUTH and UGTO rotate their armor.....

Then we can all be the same.....

Sounds good right?

Missing the point entirely...

Email Sens [R33]
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-20 20:56   
Not missing the point at all. Each faction is unique. The proposal is to take the uniqueness that has been with the ICC since day one of the games conseption all because ICC want to be like the UGTO and the KLUTH. How did I miss the point?

Email Challenger
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR