- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC-shields
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author ICC-shields
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2010-03-24 20:33   
[/quote]

i beleive that can depends ont he way you see it, it does gives an Extra advantage to ICC, but as a Defensive faction, is it really a bad thing?
And then again in the heat of battle, you ahve to be quick with reflex and mind to know you have to lower the sheilds when there down, makes sure you don't die or run out of energy and return maybe the 30-40% you managed to gain by holding on while taking armor and maybe hull damage
Also add the fact that you have to rotate yous ehild base don where your getting hit

Hey man thats a lot to think of in a middle of a fight and lot of button pressed, but if someone can think of all that, he Deserve the extra advantage
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-24 18:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-24 18:46 ]

[/quote]

Well said.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 23:42   
adding a shield recharge when there off would give ICC an advantage in combat and god forbid ICC ships become harder to kill. By the games definition of us we are Defensive, so that would mean our ships SHOULD be hard to kill. As it is our shields fail vary quickly and we are left with a thin piece of armor that has no damage reduction at all. I picked ICC when I first started because of the shields, I liked the harder to kill feel of ICC, even if it meant I my self had a hard time killing things. ICC is the definition of "The best offense is a good defense" while others like Kluth because they are "the best Defense is a good Offense".

So giving ICC a high recharge rate would give them a better defense overall. Which for them IS A GOOD THING! Since shields have a lower HP then armor anyways and we lose all 400% of shields in a matter of a few seconds. Giving us something that can get our shields up sooner even in combat wouldn't hurt anything. As if you were in trouble and losing hull fast you could see that your shields are at about 50% on all facings. You could then turn them back on and rotate toward your opponent, while waiting for your JD to charge. Since some factions can do a perfect track every time, this would help ICC survive a little bit longer.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-25 00:32   
yes.. but we have enuf energy issues. without being able to turn off our shields to give our energy reserves a break, assult ships will become useless.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-25 05:10   
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 00:32, Defiance*XO* wrote:
yes.. but we have enuf energy issues. without being able to turn off our shields to give our energy reserves a break, assult ships will become useless.

Trying flying a Kluth ship for practice. 4 alphas maybe, and then you've gotta break off and call it quits....

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-25 05:23   
when i was luth i had no energy issues

use your numbers.. fire phsi and plasma cannons at long range..

psi plasma torps and si at medium range

at close range <250gu, fire all ruptors as well as psi, plasma, torps, and si once maby twice followed by two or three bursts of just psi, plasma, torps, and si.

with luth DPS being so high you can afford to fire your weapons off in paterns like this...

with ICC crappy guns... you fire them all and maby win the fight... or you fire them in paterns and die... all there is to it.

exept for the assult ships... those you cannot avoid firing in paterens.. and turning shields on and off... and rotating them to ensure your covered.....

also with icc if you just jump strait into a battle in an assult ship, without giving your jump drives time to charge, your robbing yourself of at least 2 or 3 alphas. (probably the same for all factions..)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-25 05:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 05:23, Defiance*XO* wrote:
when i was luth i had no energy issues

use your numbers.. fire phsi and plasma cannons at long range..

psi plasma torps and si at medium range

at close range <250gu, fire all ruptors as well as psi, plasma, torps, and si once maby twice followed by two or three bursts of just psi, plasma, torps, and si.

with luth DPS being so high you can afford to fire your weapons off in paterns like this...

with ICC crappy guns... you fire them all and maby win the fight... or you fire them in paterns and die... all there is to it.

exept for the assult ships... those you cannot avoid firing in paterens.. and turning shields on and off... and rotating them to ensure your covered.....

also with icc if you just jump strait into a battle in an assult ship, without giving your jump drives time to charge, your robbing yourself of at least 2 or 3 alphas. (probably the same for all factions..)

I usually fly ships with all ruptors armament. No SIs, no psi cannons. I have to manage my energy very carefully.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.030448 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR