Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Repairs And UGTO
 Author Repairs And UGTO
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:03   
Quote:

On 2010-03-22 09:25, Mersenne Twister wrote:
seeing that 4 icc managed to hold off 6 ugto stations, a couple dreads, plus supplys and other smaller ships last night around ooi, clearly this means we need to nerf icc shields

This bears two mentions. One of which I will post here, but the other is a new suggestion altogether so it gets a new thread! This is that second mention, from ICC-shields thread.

Secondly, however, it should be mentioned that when UGTO moved in on Ooi, four ICC, in either Stations or Missile Dreadnoughts, were focusing their fire completely on one target. However, they failed to sufficiently damage the Station: in fact, it regenerated despite the heavy fire on it, resulting in the ICC having to retreat.

This illustrates Point's point regarding the dubbing of ICC as a "defence" faction, when in fact UGTO does admirably better at withstanding focused fire than the ICC can. Perhaps it would do well to no longer dub ICC "defence faction", as it is clear they simply excell at long-range combat and withstanding fire from one direction partly. When it comes to focused fire on one target, UGTO beats ICC at defence thanks to Supply Ships.

It should be mentioned an easy player-side fix is to constantly switch targets to throw off the focus of supplies, although in light of the dubbing that ICC is a defencive faction, it doesn't seem right that UGTO can focus fire and win, whereas ICC will need to disperse fire and hit different targets to surmount the Supply Ships.

Therefore, I suggest a limitation of supplies a ship can receive. If 7 supply drones are on a ship, for example, it refuses to acknowledge any more, or something to that effect. Yes, it does make downtimes longer, and I recognise that that is something I'd also like reduced.

Therefore: allow ships to slowly repair while docked in the Shipyard, or have a daily moment on which each ship in the Shipyard will be restored to its maximum values.

I understand the last thing has been suggested countless times, so I'd like to ask what problems that suggestion would generate, or why it isn't (yet) in the game.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:23   
Quote:

On 2010-03-22 11:03, Bardiche wrote:
Therefore: allow ships to slowly repair while docked in the Shipyard, or have a daily moment on which each ship in the Shipyard will be restored to its maximum values.

I understand the last thing has been suggested countless times, so I'd like to ask what problems that suggestion would generate, or why it isn't (yet) in the game.

Simple, because you need to take care of your ship. You can have 6 ships in your garage, so you make six identical ships, then you are out tolling around in a ship, get killed and just pick the next identical ship to get right back in battle while waiting for your first one to regen.

Play it right, you can shipyard spawn left and right with an always fully healed modded ship... Not fair to the other players. And lets face it, half the time a damaged ship is in your shipyard is because it was put there automatically when you "DIED". We let them go to your garage so you "wouldn't loose your customized ships".

There still needs to be a penality for dieing, if that means you spawn a ship that was "destroyed" at 5% hull forcing you to go get it fixxed first, I'd call that fair.

Or we could allow damaged ships to repair and make all destroyed ships with their enhancements lost every time you die again.

Email Tael
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-22 11:32   
Mostly a point used to address the one hour+ downtime if you manage to bust your entire garage, or you're helping another repair their ships as well. Prestige is nice, but sometimes it is a bore to be logged in solely for the sake of watching percentages crawl up.

I've no problem with not putting that in, although I mostly suggested it as an aside for people who may object to having less Supplies trained on them because it'd make the downtime last longer.

I know you want to punish people for dying, I just think spending an hour or more per day just repairing ships is sub-optimal for those who can't afford spending tons of hours in the game, and it detracts from actual combat (clearly the mainstay of the game).

As DarkSpace is advertised as "fast-paced combat" and I recall earlier it was meant to be "arcade" in the sense of "grab a ship and jump in", I figured it'd make a certain kind of sense to not force people to spend an hour or so repairing all their ships or else lose all the enhancements they fought for/farmed/later bought.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-22 12:04   
On 2010-03-22 09:25, Mersenne Twister wrote:
seeing that 4 icc managed to hold off 6 ugto stations, a couple dreads, plus supplys and other smaller ships last night around ooi, clearly this means we need to nerf icc shields

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That 4 icc managed to hold off 6 ugie station dosnt mean much if the ugto where doin all the wrong things in the battle and icc did the rigth!

Sometimes i find it easier to take down the icc then ugies, then sometimes i dont!

And then u also have to think about that the QST, SI and that other some times just dont do any damage due to desynch or whatever the reason is.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-22 15:00   
yes, maybe 4 icc held of them.

HOWEVER.... just because they did DOES NOT require a nerf. ever considered...

A. the icc may have dogded large amounts of incoming fire

B. they have shield rotation for a reason...

C. pulse beams are actualy useful...

In the end, i think it was a fair fight, and no nerfs/buffs need to be made.

on the idea with the maximum amount of suppies, i support it. so annoying trying to kill XXX enemy which has 10 suppies underneath it.

However, consideration also needs to be put for when ships are out of battle and need a fast repair. having to sit there with only a few sups for 30 minutes would be no fun.

-iwanni

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-22 15:16   
PROTIP: Mersenne was being sarcastic.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-22 16:50   
In reality, we got sweeped away from Ooi itself, losing two stations in the process by the six advancing stations fairly quickly. As they moved in on Ooi, I spawned my missile dread and jumped near queenie to start shooting the said stations. After a minute or two, they began firing QSTs at me so I then jumped behind mhaon, our depot planet, and began shooting missiles from behind the planet by having my ship tangent to the planet. Shielded by the planet from both QSTs, missiles, and fighters, the uggies then sent two dreads individually quite a few times to drive me out. They recieved armfuls of missiles for their trouble. As the UGTO had just begun to drop on Ooi, stealth, nithis, and bard began to move behind the planet and other firing positions, during which point I left. Simply put, we could hit them and they couldn't touch us. No point defense, no maneuvering, just some good old fashion cover.

Email Sens [R33]
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-22 17:52   
ICC use missiles to fight, stations use point defense. Done deal.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-23 01:20   
In an EAD and having 5 depots or so and planet hugging 1 utgo EAD can hold off 10 icc? i can't remember exactly,maybe defiance, opposition or executioner can remember but i managed about 3000 pres in about 30 minutes before a second utgo showed up and all the icc were either killed or ran away.

On the same token.. 5 depots cannot hold off 2 kluth krills u need more like 10., and can still take sufficient damage to be killed.
I am not sure if this helps ya's at all but UTGO is the ultimate faction from a playing point of view.. and if played correctly are next too invincible..

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-23 01:50   
Quote:

On 2010-03-23 01:20, SPaRTaN Z wrote:

I am not sure if this helps ya's at all but UTGO is the ultimate faction from a playing point of view.. and if played correctly are next too invincible..

Yup. That's all too true. That's the reason why a lot of players are flocking there.
Also the reason why I stopped playing Uggy. No fun playing in an overpowered faction.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-23 02:25 ]

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-23 03:33   
Quote:

On 2010-03-23 01:50, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

Yup. That's all too true. That's the reason why a lot of players are flocking there.
Also the reason why I stopped playing Uggy. No fun playing in an overpowered faction.

It has and always will be the faction where new players learn the trade so to speak. I have seen alot of new players starting out as UGTO while they learn the ropes from the vets before they decide to try out the more steeper learning curve of ICC and K'luth, UGTO is easier to get to grips with. (It has always been this way)
While they have alot of new players learning the game by no means they are overpowered because they have more ships.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-23 03:40   
Quote:

In an EAD and having 5 depots or so and planet hugging 1 utgo EAD can hold off 10 icc? i can't remember exactly,maybe defiance, opposition or executioner can remember but i managed about 3000 pres in about 30 minutes before a second utgo showed up and all the icc were either killed or ran away.

On the same token.. 5 depots cannot hold off 2 kluth krills u need more like 10., and can still take sufficient damage to be killed.

yea.. i remember that day... shutters... i remember 3 stations and opp in a CD

i jumped on top of you when my armor went down in my SS.. and SD.. at the time you had 40 hull.

i then spawned an AD and jumped right back on you.. fired and fired... i could not get you below 6 hull to save my life.. mean time my dread dies.. and i SD on you again ( you having 4 hull at the time) and nothing...
i left DS for a while after that nite..

altho i do contribute this to lag on one of our parts... i hope...

would be fun to recreate and see

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-23 05:46   

Quote:

On 2010-03-23 01:50, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

On 2010-03-23 03:33, Pegasus wrote:

It has and always will be the faction where new players learn the trade so to speak. I have seen alot of new players starting out as UGTO while they learn the ropes from the vets before they decide to try out the more steeper learning curve of ICC and K'luth, UGTO is easier to get to grips with. (It has always been this way)
While they have alot of new players learning the game by no means they are overpowered because they have more ships.

I don't think UTGO is OP,. when it comes down to combat away from planets all the factions are pretty equal until its time to repair and return to combat..
When i was a newer player I liked the idea of Distance and Shields thinking it the ideal faction for beginners..
ICC also get more sensors than UTGO,. And when u get to VA u get the MD which is probably the most deadly ship in the game,. esp. towards utgo.,. I had to stick 20% worth of weapon accelerators on my SS just to have the edge

Page created in 0.024200 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR