No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » some nights ago
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author some nights ago
EvilThought (TWP)
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 14:51   
some nights ago there was a great battle in r33 over paul, kluth had it uggys wanted and icc where there to take a shot, it was fantastic, fleets on all 3 sides were big, after about 2 maybe 2.5 hours of fighting uggys moving from rem took paul the ugto fleet was so proud with the cap and quickly moved in to hold it.

then the game went to crap, a kluth player well known for doing just this logged on and 5u cloak tranny rushed the planet, in 5 min the 1 kluth player defeated the uggys and half logged almost at the moment paul turned kluth with discust.

Now every1 that was there and remembers all the fighting most say it was the best battles they could remember in a long time, very old players like me are reminded of battles like when the game 1st went gold between massive fleets.

Things that effect a game so profoundly as to make half a fleet quit should not be put on a list of things to fix "when we get around to it" new players wont stay and pay for a game with things like this and other probs that effect game play on a big way, I have lost count how mant times Ive had to help some new player who is trying to build up a planet in senario or the rift with fixing the mine bug, its so bad now that you can actualy mine faster with a eng with 1 beam then a extractor with 4.

There are other things that need to be fixed now not later, you want the new players to show up and play then spread the word "what a great game come and try it" not "oman what a buggy piece of crap" after 10 years of programming.

As for me, I desubbed my accounts cause of this newest mess with the enhancments (yes was paying to play a free game anyways to chip in on server coast and such) and stopped playing, its no fun to fight hole fleets of super krills.

Waves to all
The Evil One

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-25 15:00   
While i agree that perhaps, the Krill needs a small nerf (nothing major, so kluth dont get furious at me will you) i must say i am currently enjoying the game very much. It has been years ago since i enjoyed it this much, and i think it is defenitely an improvement. While i personally dont pay for Darkspace, i have done so in the past, and am concidering to do so once more.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 15:25   
Non-sequitor much?

"A K'luth player capped our planet so half my team went emo and logged."
"I de-subbed and will stop playing because Krill fight me."

What... does the K'luth capping Paul have to do with the Krill? And... why is that a bad thing? Bombing is already garbage, nerfing trannyrushes just makes planet capping incredibly difficult to do.

And by difficult I mean you have more luck winning a Scout VS EAD battle without moving than capping a planet.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-25 16:04   
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 15:25, Bardiche wrote:
Bombing is already garbage, nerfing trannyrushes just makes planet capping incredibly difficult to do.

And by difficult I mean you have more luck winning a Scout VS EAD battle without moving than capping a planet.

Its usposed to be hard and shoudn't be able to be done by 1 player especially if theres a whole fleet there guarding it (At least thats my opinion in planet capping), and thats only Kluth that can do so,because of there pesky cloak
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 16:15   
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 16:04, Zero28 wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 15:25, Bardiche wrote:
Bombing is already garbage, nerfing trannyrushes just makes planet capping incredibly difficult to do.

Its usposed to be hard and shoudn't be able to be done by 1 player especially if theres a whole fleet there guarding it (At least thats my opinion in planet capping), and thats only Kluth that can do so,because of there pesky cloak

One transport capturing a planet when a large opposing fleet is on the prowl suggests one of three things:

1) Transports are OP. (lol)
2) There was a supporting fleet helping the Transport land the infantry, either by protecting the Transport or attacking the enemy fleet.
3) The enemy fleet was incompetent.

A combination works, too. Yeah it sucks but transports are definitely not overpowered, and a visible Luth Transport is so vulnerable it isn't even funny.

Ping and kill, or land your own inf on the planet to keep it.

Nothing wrong with planet capping.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 16:40   
Last night UGTO "tranny rushed" Benevolence and Remembrance too.

I personally have no problem with it. That's what transports are for. I actually have more of a problem with stations and other ships capturing planets, but I never have a problem with a player or players who are using transports effectively.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:04   
Quote:

One transport capturing a planet when a large opposing fleet is on the prowl suggests one of three things:

1) Transports are OP. (lol)
2) There was a supporting fleet helping the Transport land the infantry, either by protecting the Transport or attacking the enemy fleet.
3) The enemy fleet was incompetent.

A combination works, too. Yeah it sucks but transports are definitely not overpowered, and a visible Luth Transport is so vulnerable it isn't even funny.

Ping and kill, or land your own inf on the planet to keep it.

Nothing wrong with planet capping.

Yet another KLUTH player defending KLUTH playing.... That is fine but do not be so quick to dismiss what he is saying.
1) Transports are not OP
2.) There was not any fleet supporting this one transport
3.) The enemy fleet was not incompetent

What you phail to mention is the 4th option

4.) The KLUTH trannie stays cloaked till he is right next to the planet. Uncloaks and drops his inf then recloaks and gets the frap out of their. Captures the planet by himself and it frustrates an entire fleet that had to work together to get it in the first place and now it is lost to one person.

I mean come on you do not see a flaw in this? You are the same type of person who would not see a flaw in cloud bombing a planet and the whole planet gets wiped out from one cloud.... sure....

Email Challenger
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-25 17:05   
its not that "Trannies" per se are op,just kluth trannies.They can get right up against planet undetected 99.999% of the time and drop and recloak before you can say "DAMN".Which is the same for ANY kluth ship.My station has 3 eccm on it running and I had s kluth ship right next to me (less than 50 gus) pop up for ONE second and I never em again til they dropped inf and My eccm was running as well as 2 on the planet.there must be,at some point a limit to how close a kluth ship can get before eccm actually WORKS and detects them or as stated above ppl will say screw it and log.I already do.Its pointless trying to defend against what you cant see til too late and dont give me the "ping em " crap.It works once for certain for ONE second, twice if your damn lucky and never 3 times,and only long enough for you to GUESS where they went and spam the area with pcannon/railgun shots.As for beacons,they're a freaking joke.They are too slow,non tracking and the scout gets popped like a grape under an elephant if the scout get anywhere near kluth.As for ICC/UGTO tranny capping,yes it can be done,but the trannies are IN SIGHT and IN range the entire flight into and out of the planet.So only an idiot cant kill em.And I've NEVER seen a single tranny of ICC or UGTO tranny rush and cap a well defended planet(by ships not bases).

ok my 3 cents worth.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:07   
Me and Tael forsaw this problem when cloak was changed originally, but it was never delt with.

We have a plan to re-design the entire planetary interaction system, but since that's a bit far away I'll see if I can't solve the issue by disabling cloak within a sensible distance of the planet (not talking 1k gu out here) or via some other system.

A single player should not be able to capture a planet of which many defending players are defending passivly and actively.

Some many not agree, or like it, but that's just how it is.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-25 17:08 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:10   
I wouldn't mind if kluth trannies lost their cloak and gained the same amount of armor as ugto trannies. At least then every transport is on the same level playing field more or less.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:24   
I'll bite. Challenger, preliminary mention: I'm going to talk to you like you're a player. In other words, I ask that you treat my words as player to player and not player to mod, because I'm not too interested in getting reprimanded soon for going against a staff member on a matter, or not being the very pink of courtesy and good manners.

Quote:

On 2010-03-25 17:04, Challenger wrote:
Yet another KLUTH player defending KLUTH playing.... That is fine

If it is, why does it bear mentioning? I am honestly getting a little tired of all the veiled and blatant "You are part of x faction, therefore your opinion is invalid". Whether it is what you mean to say or not, that's how it comes off.

If you'd done your research, or if you had considered for a little, you would realise how stupid it is to mention this. Ironically, yesterday K'luth were teaching me how to play K'luth because I haven't done it in months.

Quote:
4.) The KLUTH trannie stays cloaked till he is right next to the planet. Uncloaks and drops his inf then recloaks and gets the frap out of their. Captures the planet by himself and it frustrates an entire fleet that had to work together to get it in the first place and now it is lost to one person.

I see your point. And I agree that I, too, would likely feel frustrated if something like this happens. The point I was trying to make is that, if you had nothing to do (i.e. weren't under attack by other Luth, which would mean a fleet was supporting the transport. Yes, attacking enemies so they won't attack a priority target is considered "supporting the transport".) then what stopped UGTO from landing their own infantry on the planet? What stopped them from setting a perimeter around the planet and ping then destroy? It means the UGTO would've had to grab Infantry from elsewhere to protect the planet. A single person shouldn't be able to cap a planet if a single other person is dropping infantry on it.

Given that I think it should be impossible for a single person to do so when the planet's owners are online, this is why I said that the enemy fleet had to have been incompetent; as in, not undertaking measures to go against it, or undertaking them too late, or inadequately. I'll cede this point as an unnecessarily beliggerent comment by me, perhaps the enemy fleet was competent but despite their best efforts they could not prevent the planet from being overrun by K'luth infantry.

Now, rather than say, "Look, this aspect of the game is flawed", I'm more curious why there aren't suggestions to improve. I, for one, do not believe that the developers are the brightest thing since lightbulbs and that they will have hand-ready solutions immediately.

Underline what the problem is. In this case, you have done so adequately and better than the OP: you feel it is a problem that someone can cap a planet, solo, with little chance of being killed with no interference from a defending fleet. Okay.

Now, what are your suggestions to prevent this from happening?

Quote:
I mean come on you do not see a flaw in this? You are the same type of person who would not see a flaw in cloud bombing a planet and the whole planet gets wiped out from one cloud.... sure....

Argument ad hominem does not an appealing case make. Neither does misconstruing what I say make for a good argument. You're jumping to conclusions and trying to imply that what I say is erroneous, wrong or otherwise faulty because of either the faction I play, or if I find other aspects of the game good.

Bombing -is- garbage. It hardly ever does sufficient damage. This does not equate to "lol cloud bombing = flawless". I'd like to see planet buildings disappear more often because I like Engineering without scrapping an entire planet. But I don't want to see planets cleaned in one bombing run by a single player. Try not to exaggerate my words and misrepresent what I say for the purpose of discounting my words.

Jackal'
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:26   
I would say, Make planetary sensor bases show ALL enemies within say, 500 GU. prolly means no more ecm bombing, but at least uggies and icc will have a chance against luth trannies.

On a side note, i'd also suggest making offense bases on planets, OR shorter range. focus planetary def at 500-. This will help stop planet hugging, across the board. Again, just a side note. obviously needs work.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:28   
whats the deal?

ive defended against kluth trannie rushers alone and just in an assult cruiser.

the assult class cruisers are the best for this problem, as they have ew slot, many lasers, and are fast moving.

try this.. whey you ping and see the position of the enemy ship (only going to work within 300gu so MOVE!! into position)

2. controle..or is it shift... dont remember right now... click the spot where they appeared.

3. push number 2 (or whatever button you have your lasers mapped to)

4. hover your mouse over the spot you selected with the lasers still firing and push and hold (controle.. or shift...wish i could remember) and sweep your lasers across the area.

5. when you see an impact, alpha!!

There it is.. my great secret.. the one i teach to only my most trusted fleet mates..

go forth and practice my friends.

this also works to guide missles to whatever tgt you want to shoot.

EvilThought (TWP)
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-25 17:45   
this is why I dont go to the forums much cause a constructive post about a game prob becomes a flamewar.

1st off the tranny rushing I talked about, he didnt have any support from other kluth and there were no troops to be had in the system, only 2 other planets were ugto and strippijng them of troops to save paul just meens loosing them to cloaked tranny rushes also.

2nd my 1st post was a little scattered becaues theres many probs that need help right now and my typing skills well they suck

3rd, backlash the easiest way to fix this prob is to set the distance you can drop the troop pod just like bombs, if ya get too close ya cant fire at the target that way all 3 races cant just jump 5 gu away and drop troops, at this point then you have to use cover and cooperation with other ships to take planets, set the distance say 250 gu then its back to fleet game well as far as planet capping goes

4th, I dont have a prob with the krill ya its a bit OPed but you can deal with, the prob is now instantly you can take a ship and put 7 adv beam/weapon multis on them with the weapon aug (witch all high lvl kluth seems to have) makes ya go hmmmm about that and sorry at that point it does not matter if ya have shields like icc or reflective armor like uggy its just too far over the top

as always

the Evil 1

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-03-25 18:21   
Quote:

On 2010-03-25 17:28, Defiance*XO* wrote:
whats the deal?

ive defended against kluth trannie rushers alone and just in an assult cruiser.

I don't get it either mate. I have played as ugto and defended these situations also. I know Spartan can handle up to 2 transports rushing a planet at a time unless they are highly organised.

I have also seen Spartan use the tranny rushing effectively to take out enemy planets very effectively from K'luth fleets.

I was not at this battle but I can guess there was either no one of Spartan's calibre there, or as something I have seen often, a lack of willingness to be flexible change ships and deal with the problem.

The tranny rushing problem goes across the board with all factions, and should be dealt with as such. No one player on ANY faction should be able to do this!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028880 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR