Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » some nights ago
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author some nights ago
Not validated

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:04   
how bout upping kluth tranny armor as well then

they really are weak...

and personaly not seeing the problem here.. ping and sencors go along ways

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:04   
What IS the possibility of two types of cloaks, Back? Can it be done? Im telling you, it would be the easiest fix if you can do it. Our small ships are the ones that pose the biggest risk with a 100% cloak. If we gave the frigates, supps, trannies and scouts the old style ecm/eccm effected cloaks, it would knock out almost every issue that we have with those ships.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:10   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 07:15, BackSlash wrote:
We're thinking about a simple 500gu cloak exclusion zone around planets...

Thoughts (mainly from the K'luth)?

We've got plans to change planets A LOT after the F2P stuff goes through, so most likely this will be a 'two week' fix.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-26 07:15 ]

I feel you (devs) in discussion of adding the above idea are over complicating the issue by adding unnecessary features into the game, I really do not see what the problem is with increasing the planetary defences by say another 20% or more, or enough that a fully functional planet can destroy a transporter in 1 to 2 salvos.
In it current form the planets are a joke, and even as a Kluth player one can sit by a high def UGTO/ICC planet and not having to be worried that I am going to die from its defence weaponary.
I know the planetary defence has been increased since the launch of v1.5 but not enough to even write home about. We need to find a middle ground from v1.483 defence level to what we have currently now, if we go towards the scale of v1.483 then transporter rushes would be very much reduced back to the role of having them loiter to drop while the bombers do their work than having them spam rushing at every oppuruntity knocks.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:23   
Adding two types of cloak is un-needed, and A LOT of work as cloak is treated as a single class currently.

Adding more defences does nothing, as infantry get instantly dropped onto the surface, most times bypassing the defences.

The MIR originally were designed to be able to detect cloak, and we haven't implimented this yet. By implimenting an anti-cloak field, we not only solve the tranny rushing issue, but also come a step closer to finalising the Mir (no-where near where we want them to be yet).

Please bare in mind a massive planetary re-design will be one of the next phases. With this brings the ability to capture planets as teams, and there will be nothing like insta-capping that we see now.

As far as removing the cloak at 500gu 'ruining' the K'luth, you have to remember that 500gu is awefully close, and most ships entering that range are decloaking for an attack anyway. This gives players and the planet's defences slightly more time to react to tranny rushing.

500gu is not a large range (double that of supply, which isn't that far).

It may be a valid tactic, but it was never designed to be used to insta-cap planets, which is not something we want (hence the re-design).

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to Faustus sometime today, and depending on what's discussed and Drafell's permission, you might get a glimpse of the next move.

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-26 08:24 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:30   
dont get me wrong, i also hate trany-rushes, but a 500gu-no-cloak-zone ?

maybe implementing a minimum-range for troops (200gu to surface) or something like that would be a better idea

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 08:36   
shush noobs. This was fairly standard in the days of ecm effected cloaks. We can adapt to that, thats not an issue at all. Hes right that at 500 you are generally engaging and uncloaking. Currently we just have the luxury to cloak there as well. Not a big deal.

Well, with what you laid out Back, cant suggest much really. There is evidently a large shift in order.

I would maybe suggest if you are adding in the cloak field then you should make it decloak instantly. That or decrease timer. Otherwise you effectively have a "Kill K'Luth" button. Im refering mainly to the ship based Mi one.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-03-26 08:38 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:03   
I hope that new system for planet will be prioritied!

Atm i think tranny rushing is way to easy and a bad way to have.

The other fact is that most planet before had like zero or one sensor base, if you put on 4-5 like we did before, it will be very hard for an luth tranny to uncloak to drop, it will take it like 10-15 secunds. And with the armor it has you can easly die.
But this is ofc not an excuse because it is to easy, for all factions.

But i dont think makin a 500gu zone is a good idea, i love to lurk around planets and sneek up to enemies. This is the only way to defeat Ugto these days as they only sit around one planet.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:31   
I'm slightly concerned about a MI anti-cloak device. That's basically an anti-kluth device, as kluth without cloak = dead/

Do the kluth get an anti-MI device? They've been fighting each other for a long time, right? I would think the kluth would come up with some kind of anti-mechanical device vs their foes, just as MI did with cloak. Maybe PSI weapons can disable auto-repair? That would only affect MI since humans don't have auto-repair devices.

As for feedback from kluth, I think the best thing is to test the 500gu anti-cloak field at various-sized planets. Like I said, it may have zero effect with large planets. Very large planets like Okag are so large that you aren't even in mining beam range if you jump to it and orbit.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:36   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 08:23, BackSlash wrote:

As far as removing the cloak at 500gu 'ruining' the K'luth, you have to remember that 500gu is awefully close, and most ships entering that range are decloaking for an attack anyway. This gives players and the planet's defences slightly more time to react to tranny rushing.

500gu is not a large range (double that of supply, which isn't that far).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-26 08:24 ]

All just sounds like a knee jerk reaction brought about by lazy tactics all around.

Is this 500 gu cloak exclusion going to affect K'luth at friendly planets? More game bugs yay!

Perhaps this exclusion zone could be implemented with the use of a planetary structure rather than just a generic cloak fail zone around every planet in the MV?

U will have reduced the K'luth's ability to tranny rush and bomb at the cost of nerfing the entire faction to some extent. And yet still have not touched the problem that any player can tranny rush planets.
Wow what a quick fix - go dev team!

/me checks calender - definitely not the 1st of April yet.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 09:50   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 09:36, Sauur wrote:
Perhaps this exclusion zone could be implemented with the use of a planetary structure rather than just a generic cloak fail zone around every planet in the MV?

I actually like this idea better than simply making it impossible to cloak within 500gu of any enemy planet.

Question though: What special structure would kluth get? ICC get shields, ICC and UGTO get anti-cloak building, what would kluth get? How about a cloak building that makes it harder to detect buildings and infantry on the surface, so that you need to get closer to target them for bombing (even with a scanner)?

Just throwing ideas out there. But if there's gonna be a large overhaul, it's probably not worth developing either of these.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:16   
er.. just leave it alone devs.. your about to reowrk the whole system

and its really not that big of a problem.. it happens once in a blue moon.. and its most easily defended against.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 10:40   
All very valid points. I would suggest a new thread, discussing the planetary aspects....

Maybe would can hammer out some ideas into some real balance.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 11:47   
Like it has been pointed out, every faction tranny rushes.

I see all the old players do it, and they do it when there is a big battle and are losing badly, for it pulls some of the enemy fleet away from the battle, there by hopfully switching the balance.

I would be willing to put up with the 500 gu anti cloack thing at a planet, if the same thing happens to the other two factions regarding their armor and shields, that would be balanced, nerf everyone equally, or not at all.

*Admiral Lucian*
Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-26 12:35   
New cloak = bad takes to long to program
Incresing range of planets to pick up cloak = ok

2 good ideas but I have not read through all the posts just the ones on first page.

I have seen where having a sensor base on planet and sensor plats around the planet will pick up kluth cloaked ships. In scenario some kluth and myself were going after Procyon7 where Cyndrax built a ton of sensor plats around it. If we got within 300-400gu the plats and planet defenses would pick us up.

A quick solution to this would say eccms and scanners that will equal 30 or 40 sig will uncloak a kluth ship. (i say 30 or 40 because kluth armor is alot weaker then everyone elses thus giving us disadvantage if its real easy to uncloak us).

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-26 13:01   
500 gu anti cloak zone?

Are you gone mad?

Assault ruptors max reach is 350 gu...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029480 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR